1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jon, 12 May 2019.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 4 Jun 2019.
  1. Lloris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rose

54.7%
  3. Sissoko

5.7%
  4. Winks

39.6%
  1. Spursman

Spursman Neil Ruddock

Good post but what success? We haven't won a thing!

We have built the club on a commercial basis but on the pitch, poch has been working with scraps.

On the pitch success is measured by trophies and we have a big fat 0

afsoc4life likes this.
  2. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Frederic Kanoute

Whilst the 3 week break could perhaps excuse some of the rustiness, I wonder how Hazard still managed to look so sharp as he tore those Goons apart 72 hours previously. Whilst the closest player we had to his skill set sat on our bench for over an hour, despite scoring 2 hat-tricks in the previous month.

3. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Vedran Corluka

Still hurting from last night, but on reflection if you would have said to me 10 years ago we would be playing in CL Final and regular top 4 finishers in 2019 I would never have believed it, it's going to be tough to pick ourselves up but that what we must all do and face next season with the determination to keep moving forward. Congratulations to everyone at the club and all the fans who have put their heart and soul into this season.

4. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Vedran Corluka

I’m exhausted and suffering from lack of sleep but back home now the thing I feel most I think is huge disappointment. Liverpool were there for the taking and it is a massive missed opportunity.
    Right up to their 2nd, I felt calm and really believed we were going to get the equaliser. It’s so, so deflating and disappointing that we didn’t as I’m sure we would have gone on to win.

I need to get some sleep now after which I may be able to make more sense of it all.
    But regardless. I couldn’t be more proud of what we have achieved this season, it’s been phenomenal when you take everything into account.

5. billyiddo

billyiddo Jimmy Cantrell Staff Member

Did the cameras pick up Salahs goading of our fans after penalty?

thfcsteff likes this.
  6. milo

milo Teddy Sheringham Staff Member

He didn't look sharp for the first 45 minutes

7. djp82

djp82 Allan Nielsen

I did not see that on TV . The man is a clam can’t stand him

SylDave and metalgear like this.
  8. SylDave

SylDave Nicola Berti

Yeah but shock horror nothing at all was said, the bloke is a complete clam.

thfcsteff and scaramanga like this.
  9. milo

milo Teddy Sheringham Staff Member

The three week break is because the English season finishes earlier than most European leagues.

90291Spur, scaramanga and Robspur12 like this.
  10. Robspur12

Robspur12 Justin Edinburgh

Still gutted about last night but I look at all the British clubs who have reached a Champions League final in its post '92 format (not the old European Cup) and they have all lost at least one final. So it's a tall ask to win it at the first time of asking especially when we have had had a relatively poor season by our standards. I believe we will be back. If we can do it once we will do it again.

There is a core of a very good side that we need to add some defensive solidity to. Liverpool did well this season because they were almost impossible to beat. We need defensive reinforcements in midfield, Centre back and RB. Plus let's hope we can convince Eriksen to sign that contract.

90291Spur, Hootnow and milo like this.
  11. Robspur12

Robspur12 Justin Edinburgh

Plus the three week break should have benefited us by allowing the injured players to recover. I still don't agree it was the wrong decision to play Kane especially as the other forwards were having an off night. Perhaps I would have bought on Lamela and Moura on earlier is my only slight criticism of Poch.

12. balesleftboot

balesleftboot Øyvind Leonhardsen

This.

I was also of the opinion that if we could manage to get a equaliser that we would go on to win because they really weren't playing well, making lots of mistakes and not playing their normal game at all.

Hootnow likes this.
  13. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Sebastien Bassong

Same. It was really quite strange as I so rarely feel like that watching us!

Glenda's Legs likes this.
  14. Notmegov

Notmegov Mido

So so proud of our boys, the club every thing. I feel so calm that we where going to win (in a champions league final!!!) up until they got the 2nd is a huge statement on how far we have come as a club since the 90s, and we did not spend a fudging peny for the last 2 windows!

Poch and Levy know the directions we are going and its up.

Proud proud proud!

Love and peace.

15. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Frederic Kanoute

Lloris alluded to it in his post match interview, Dippers were there for the taking but we didn’t muster a shot on target until the 73rd minute and even when we finally started peppering their goal all the shots were eminently saveable.

Meanwhile they have one chance from a decent position in the entire match and Origi flukes it under Alderweireld’s foot ((probably didn’t help that Toby had just dashed back onto the pitch after having a head wound treated) into bottom corner; similar to what Rashford did when ManU robbed us a few months back.

16. Hotshot-Tottenham

Hotshot-Tottenham Gerry Armstrong

Ok, maybe.

Then it’s a brick rule which somehow deemed that it wasn’t handball against Alexander-Arnold against Porto, the same night Rose was penalized against City.

Handball:
    D5D1F5CB-FD54-4265-A0E3-B66EF0951197.jpeg

Not handball:
    D7B3F05D-71B6-449F-BECD-1CA04E1D021D.jpeg

17. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Gus Poyet

All I would say on the penalty is imagine if the shoe was on the other foot.

The whole studio would have been going mad, Klopp would have gone mental, pool supporters would be setting up petitions calling for a rematch and doing a charity walk to uefa headquarters.

It would have been portrayed as the biggest stitch up in human history and labelled Tottenhamgate.

Now lets get toby and eriksen signed up, shift the dead wood and get in as a minimum wan-bissaka, ndombele, lo celso and bale and lets get back to the final next year.

18. P.D.

P.D. Mauricio Taricco

No way is that a penalty for me, it hit his chest for starters and debatable if it then hit his arm after but if it did then it's not something you can control. So what we're saying is you can just kick the ball onto someone now and it's a penalty.

What we must do is learn from this, last season Liverpool were in a similar position with a similar number of points to us and 4th place and in a CL final. They probably got out manoeuvred to a team with greater experience and knowhow yet they didn't sulk, they went out and signed the right players and didn't tinkle about. Then this season they've come back in a big way and obviously won the thing - we should aim to do the same.

90291Spur and Hotshot-Tottenham like this.
  19. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

It was all a complete brickshow, not surprising as the Spanish couldnt organise a tinkle up in a brewery
    UEFA are clams, its all about money and hospitality

Scouse fans in the neutral section were going to the toilet in our end as they weren't allowed in the hospitalty areas

20. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

He is a top cretin, all this humble Mo brick, he is a clam

thfcsteff and Kandi1977 like this.