• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're all disappointed. Just remember the alternative - not being in the CL final at all.

We were there, and while we could've done a lot better, we weren't disastrous. We didn't look any more out of place than our opponents. We didn't shame the legacy of our great club.

We were, per definition, the second best team in Europe this season. We would've loved to be the best of course. But that wasn't to be - not because we were in too deep, it just wasn't our night.

We played in the CL final. It was a poor final, not just because of us, but because of circumstances and a below par performance from both teams. But we were in it, and we should be proud we made it that way far (despite us all being disappointed from the loss).

COYS, really. Onwards and upwards.

Couldn't agree more. I want Poch n Levy to sit down asap and work out a plan. Let's give Poch some real money to go out and bring in the players we need to close the gap to city and Liverpool. We are so close now to winning trophies let's keep moving forwards!

COYS

Biggest game in our history, or so I heard, and I was bored shítless from about 20 minutes in. Has to be something wrong there.

At no point did it feel like I was watching the Champions League final.
It was a really odd game played at a really slow pace in a flat stadium.
It reminded me of an early 2000s international match. Something right out of WC 2002 or euro 2004.

I have experienced a range of weird emotions.

Before the game: Just excited that we were in the final. Wasn't expecting to win, but over the moon we were there.

During the game: Lost interest. Was a strangely flat feeling. Didnt feel like a cup final.

Immediately after the game: Bit bleh. Same strange 'I dont really care'

Now: fudging fuming that so many of the players didnt seem to turn up or show any fudging fight.

Margins, mate. We're unlucky not win it. Must've won the xg. Pen is correct, but the rules are bent.

Excluding the penalty we did edge the xG but with both teams barely registering much above 1 emphasised what a turgid match it was.

upload_2019-6-2_2-11-48.jpeg

Incredibly frustrating that we didn’t manage a shot on target until the 73rd minute and even the late flurry didn’t force their goalie into any great saves; much as Lloris didn’t really have much to do either.

592851BD-5AAE-4515-A9BB-D67CAC70CD49.png 3BD151B6-4197-4D94-8A1B-17AB77DAB6DE.png

Last edited:
Just on the plane about to fly home
Brilliant day with my pals, fan zone was awesome, stadium lovely to look at but Forest Green has better facilities

And as for the game, meh !!

Adios Madrid it’s been amazing

I have experienced a range of weird emotions.

Before the game: Just excited that we were in the final. Wasn't expecting to win, but over the moon we were there.

During the game: Lost interest. Was a strangely flat feeling. Didnt feel like a cup final.

Immediately after the game: Bit bleh. Same strange 'I dont really care'

Now: fudging fuming that so many of the players didnt seem to turn up or show any fudging fight.
Yuo, the reality is slowly settling in. It seems like a few bad minutes has cost us this season against Juventus and this season against Liverpool. Frustrating, but that's football.

Just on the plane about to fly home
Brilliant day with my pals, fan zone was awesome, stadium lovely to look at but Forest Green has better facilities

And as for the game, meh !!

Adios Madrid it’s been amazing
Glad you went and had a blast. Meh!

But he does score when Harry is out, which is proving to be more valuable than anything with Harry's injury record.
My post was sarcastic. I think it would be beyond foolish to sell Son. He’s a brilliant player who contributes huge amounts to us. He had a bad day today against a 7/8 man defense.

2.30am. Just back in.

Gutted doesn't quite cover it.

Proud though. Still an amazing achievement. Such a shame the majority of the team were far from their best. The 3-week definitely hindered both teams. Once again our finishing and decision making in the final third was the difference.

Origi made the most of their one real chance, we didnt.

But, right up to the decisive 2nd goal I was quietly confident we would equalise. We had been to the well so many times in this campaign, I was sure at 1-0 we could still equalise. Was convinced is was made for Eriksen to score from that free-kick.

The penalty, we will all have to beg to differ, but when Jason Cundy of all c@nts thinks it wasn't a penalty (and he hates Spurs) you know it was incorrect.

A final note, nice to meet @nelto on the concourse before kick-off and put a face to a name

hmmm, a tough post to write.

Watching Hoddle later on in the post match and I normally agree with GHOD but we were not the better team and it was definitely a pen using this year's rule or last year's rule, it was clumsy by Sissoko. Re-watching the highlights and stats really don't tell the story of the game, Allisson really only had one save to make. It was s sh!t game but to be expected when after a long, gruelling season, UEFA decides to give players a 3 week break which can only be down to money for them, stop/starts never benefit professional sportsmen. It was a damned if u do, damned if u don't decision but starting Kane in hindsight was an appalling decision, he just wasn't at the races. But nor were most of our team until that brief flurry with 10 mins to go.
Our best player was probably Lloris which says it all really.
And after our miraculous group stage advance, the Emirates Marketing Project VAR incident, that comeback against Ajax, Klopp never winning, I thought our name could be on the trophy. More fool me.
I feel sorry for a few mates who are waiting at an empty airport trying to kill time for 5 hours before they can fly home, must be excruciating to do that after a loss.
I'd like to be all upbeat and say we'll be right back next year, but this was a big anticlimax, we lost a lot of league games this year, we didnt win a trophy in the whole of this decade which we haven't done since pre war. Sorry, I'm just a little despondent right now, very proud to see my team in a CL final but a little nervous what the future holds.

It was a poor game for a champions league final and I have Liverpool mates saying spurs played pretty well...we overachieved, let's not forget the context of this season. If anything I am worried that poch won't have any excuses next season... The pressure will be tremendous!

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It was a poor game for a champions league final and I have Liverpool mates saying spurs played pretty well...we overachieved, let's not forget the context of this season. If anything I am worried that poch won't have any excuses next season... The pressure will be tremendous!

We will ship a few out and bring new faces in. And if poch stays he will progress and improve and so will our performances and results.

I hope you’re right Dubai. The only thing that can cheer me up now is a season of Bale smashing them in from improbable angles, pulling love heart celebrations left, right and centre

It does feel like we need someone like that, though. Or something, anything at the top table.

This team was built on the cheap, on scrimping and cheaping out, on buying bargain bins and second choices, on obsessing with 0 net spend for ten long years, every year.

And the logical limitations of that show themselves every time we get to a final or close to something. Our second-choice boys, who try hard, are never good enough to cross the line against teams that have their managers' first choices out and starting.

And we lose, again and again, as a result.

I'm tired of this model, and of being football's eternal luckless losers. I don't want Swiss Ramble's fudging meaningless trophy for being the best-run nothing club in the top division, of being run efficiently with nothing to show for it.

We are changing. The club's circumstances are changing, and Poch is begging us to believe - and building the mentality that we can win, that we can fight and bleed and never give up. There are two parts to putting that into practice.

The first is with us, the fans. If nothing else, this run needs to teach us that our boys always try hard under Poch - they give everything, and never give up. We need to believe in the team, as much as Poch does.

But the second is with the boardroom, with the chairman and the owner. This summer is a time for change. No more being cheapskates. No more obsessing with sell-to-buy. No more craven cowardice.

Buy who the manager wants. *Whomever* he fudging wants. Don't ask, don't question the price. Buy first, and recoup the cost later if you really have to.

Time to go with the change. Or be outmoded by it.

I expect nothing less from them this summer. And maybe that will involve Bale rocking up at the Lane again, who knows? :)

Last edited:

Becoming great team is about what you learn from and how you bounce back from adversity.

Getting stick from Liverpool supporters all day. i have no probelem at all with them as a club, but their supporters are fudging idiots. Struth, one guy, who is a good friend has just gone nuts, calling me a bad loser, when in fact I told him straight that I wasn't all that bothered by the loss in its self. My GHod they go on and on and on......

Having had a few hours of sleep I can now soberly reflect on last night. I still think we were poor and so were they. I also still think that the game was ruined by the penalty decision in the first minute. Liverpool has had a miserly defence all season so giving them a freebie was always going to be costly. I also disagree that it was a penalty - although I understand the debate about it. I have a nasty feeling we could be entering an era in which no one bothers to shoot to score a goal - it’s far easier to target an arm than to beat a goalkeeper.

Back