1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jon, 12 May 2019.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 4 Jun 2019.
  1. Lloris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rose

54.7%
  3. Sissoko

5.7%
  4. Winks

39.6%
  1. We are Tottenham

We are Tottenham Neil Ruddock

Don,t agree.. he has been arguably our best player going forward and scores important goals....

2. 90291Spur

90291Spur Frederic Kanoute

That rule came into force today. Apparently.

3. Legohamster

Legohamster Vedran Corluka

“Does not necessarily have to be deliberate”

It’s a pen

It’s the same rule that did PSG and Rose against City.

4. 90291Spur

Don’t let sense get in the way of a a ‘controversial’ idea. We could spend the Son money on a player who would need time to settle into Poch’s system and maybe not be as food as him. Think of the fun that would be!

5. Legohamster

Legohamster Vedran Corluka

Well no, it came in for the knock outs

Thus Man United got the pen against PSG

6. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Kasey Keller

30 seconds. 30 fudging seconds?? Even I last longer than that.

I thought they’d allow us to hope for 4 or 5 minutes at least.

Legohamster likes this.
  7. ALtottenham_hotspur

ALtottenham_hotspur Nicola Berti

Couldn't agree more. I want Poch n Levy to sit down asap and work out a plan. Let's give Poch some real money to go out and bring in the players we need to close the gap to city and Liverpool. We are so close now to winning trophies let's keep moving forwards!

COYS

8. galeforce

galeforce Tony Galvin

Depressing isn’t it, didn’t even have a goal to celebrate.

9. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Steffen Iversen

At no point did it feel like I was watching the Champions League final.
    It was a really odd game played at a really slow pace in a flat stadium.
    It reminded me of an early 2000s international match. Something right out of WC 2002 or euro 2004.

10. Mulletperm

Mulletperm Tim Sherwood

I have experienced a range of weird emotions.

Before the game: Just excited that we were in the final. Wasn't expecting to win, but over the moon we were there.

During the game: Lost interest. Was a strangely flat feeling. Didnt feel like a cup final.

Immediately after the game: Bit bleh. Same strange 'I dont really care'

Now: fudging fuming that so many of the players didnt seem to turn up or show any fudging fight.

paxtonwolf, Jon and spasm like this.
  11. 90291Spur

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Hootnow likes this.
  12. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL John Lacy

Excluding the penalty we did edge the xG but with both teams barely registering much above 1 emphasised what a turgid match it was.

upload_2019-6-2_2-11-48.jpeg

Incredibly frustrating that we didn’t manage a shot on target until the 73rd minute and even the late flurry didn’t force their goalie into any great saves; much as Lloris didn’t really have much to do either.

592851BD-5AAE-4515-A9BB-D67CAC70CD49.png 3BD151B6-4197-4D94-8A1B-17AB77DAB6DE.png

Last edited: 2 Jun 2019
  13. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Just on the plane about to fly home
    Brilliant day with my pals, fan zone was awesome, stadium lovely to look at but Forest Green has better facilities

And as for the game, meh !!

Adios Madrid it’s been amazing

thfcsteff and 90291Spur like this.
  14. TK Massive

TK Massive Rohan Ricketts

Yuo, the reality is slowly settling in. It seems like a few bad minutes has cost us this season against Juventus and this season against Liverpool. Frustrating, but that's football.

90291Spur likes this.
  15. TK Massive

TK Massive Rohan Ricketts

But he does score when Harry is out, which is proving to be more valuable than anything with Harry's injury record.

16. 90291Spur

Glad you went and had a blast. Meh!

17. 90291Spur

My post was sarcastic. I think it would be beyond foolish to sell Son. He’s a brilliant player who contributes huge amounts to us. He had a bad day today against a 7/8 man defense.

18. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf Willie Hall

2.30am. Just back in.

Gutted doesn't quite cover it.

Proud though. Still an amazing achievement. Such a shame the majority of the team were far from their best. The 3-week definitely hindered both teams. Once again our finishing and decision making in the final third was the difference.

Origi made the most of their one real chance, we didnt.

But, right up to the decisive 2nd goal I was quietly confident we would equalise. We had been to the well so many times in this campaign, I was sure at 1-0 we could still equalise. Was convinced is was made for Eriksen to score from that free-kick.

The penalty, we will all have to beg to differ, but when Jason Cundy of all c@nts thinks it wasn't a penalty (and he hates Spurs) you know it was incorrect.

A final note, nice to meet @nelto on the concourse before kick-off and put a face to a name

19. Mr_B

Mr_B Steve Hodge

hmmm, a tough post to write.

Watching Hoddle later on in the post match and I normally agree with GHOD but we were not the better team and it was definitely a pen using this year's rule or last year's rule, it was clumsy by Sissoko. Re-watching the highlights and stats really don't tell the story of the game, Allisson really only had one save to make. It was s sh!t game but to be expected when after a long, gruelling season, UEFA decides to give players a 3 week break which can only be down to money for them, stop/starts never benefit professional sportsmen. It was a damned if u do, damned if u don't decision but starting Kane in hindsight was an appalling decision, he just wasn't at the races. But nor were most of our team until that brief flurry with 10 mins to go.
    Our best player was probably Lloris which says it all really.
    And after our miraculous group stage advance, the Emirates Marketing Project VAR incident, that comeback against Ajax, Klopp never winning, I thought our name could be on the trophy. More fool me.
    I feel sorry for a few mates who are waiting at an empty airport trying to kill time for 5 hours before they can fly home, must be excruciating to do that after a loss.
    I'd like to be all upbeat and say we'll be right back next year, but this was a big anticlimax, we lost a lot of league games this year, we didnt win a trophy in the whole of this decade which we haven't done since pre war. Sorry, I'm just a little despondent right now, very proud to see my team in a CL final but a little nervous what the future holds.

20. metalgear

metalgear Johnny Morrison

It was a poor game for a champions league final and I have Liverpool mates saying spurs played pretty well...we overachieved, let's not forget the context of this season. If anything I am worried that poch won't have any excuses next season... The pressure will be tremendous!

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

90291Spur likes this.