• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Indeed controversial, as I don't think you can put a price on everything else son brings. He seems like a genuinely loyal and hard working guy, and even when he doesn't have his best game hes still running from the minute the whistle goes. If we were to cash in on him, it would probably have to be nearly £175 million for me to truly be ok with it.
Though It's hard to put a price on loyalty.

I don’t disagree with a word you said except the price I would take £80-100m, look at Ferguson at Man U he always sold players at peak value.

We're all disappointed. Just remember the alternative - not being in the CL final at all.

We were there, and while we could've done a lot better, we weren't disastrous. We didn't look any more out of place than our opponents. We didn't shame the legacy of our great club.

We were, per definition, the second best team in Europe this season. We would've loved to be the best of course. But that wasn't to be - not because we were in too deep, it just wasn't our night.

We played in the CL final. It was a poor final, not just because of us, but because of circumstances and a below par performance from both teams. But we were in it, and we should be proud we made it that way far (despite us all being disappointed from the loss).

COYS, really. Onwards and upwards.

Current UEFA laws

Roberto Rosetti, the head of Uefa referees, said earlier this year that officials in the Champions League would enforce stricter decisions on handball and that an “unnatural” position of the arm could lead to a free-kick or penalty, meaning the handball does not necessarily have to be “deliberate”, despite what the laws say.

It’s a sh1t rule.
FIFY

Sure.

But it’s the laws of the game in the CL and EL
That it is, and I wasn’t saying it wasn’t the rule. I also think the yellow card for taking your shirt off after you score is a bad rule. And it was a silly thing for Sissoko to do and very clever of Mané to do what he did. I think this rule will last one season as there will be so many penalties given as players flick the ball up to hit arms/hands.

The time wasting bugged the fcuk out of me. They regularly took 25 seconds plus on throw ins/corners/goal kicks. And not one warning. And while it’s not an excuse, the ref was a cnut.

I concur exactly 100percent it's not just me who thought the reff was useless even unfair the way he refereed game. Makes more of an uphill battle for our players. Yep they wasted time through out.

That it is, and I wasn’t saying it wasn’t the rule. I also think the yellow card for taking your shirt off after you score is a bad rule. And it was a silly thing for Sissoko to do and very clever of Mané to do what he did. I think this rule will last one season as there will be so many penalties given as players flick the ball up to hit arms/hands.

All comes from Ball watching.

Oh GHod does that mean eriksen actually only worth £50 mil?

Eriksen is a better player than Son over the course of a season, Sonny’s 10-15 games a season when he is at top form is a different story, those games he is truly world class.

Well hopefully the financial boost from at least making the finals will be nice. Anyone got the projected numbers to our bank account for making it this far?

I don’t disagree with a word you said except the price I would take £80-100m, look at Ferguson at Man U he always sold players at peak value.

Who would u replace him with?

You will need:

20 goals
Left foot/Right foot
8-10 assists
A1 attitude
Fit 95% of the time
Good age
Not astronomical wages
Cover AM or CF

Go.....

Current UEFA laws

Roberto Rosetti, the head of Uefa referees, said earlier this year that officials in the Champions League would enforce stricter decisions on handball and that an “unnatural” position of the arm could lead to a free-kick or penalty, meaning the handball does not necessarily have to be “deliberate”, despite what the laws say.

It’s a pen.

“Could”

“Does not necessarily”

So why was TAA’s not given in the quarters.

It’s not a pen.

Yeah, but Son occasionally doesn’t score 2 or three goals a game, so he has to be moved out.

fudging hell I know it’s 2019 and everyone has to have some extreme view but this isn’t about knocking Son, this is about refreshing the team and taking hard decisions, Son is the one player in the squad who we could get big money for without being forced, ie Eriksen with one year left, look at what Ferguson did at Man U and the players he sold and when, I think if Ferguson was our manger now he would move Son on to be the catalyst to rebuilt the squad while having the effect on the rest that they can’t sit comfortably at the club.

And as for replacing him that’s a hard one but it’s why I am not a football scout.

I’m going to say something controversial, I would cash in on Son, his value would be at his absolute peak right now, I don’t think he will improve and for me he is too inconsistent, he has 4-5 games of absolute brilliance followed by 10 games of smack bang average, bar the obvious in RB and CM, Son is the one player imo we can improve on and that type of player can take us up another level, I see it as similar to when Liverpool sold Coutinho except it would be our choice.
Don,t agree.. he has been arguably our best player going forward and scores important goals....

Don,t agree.. he has been arguably our best player going forward and scores important goals....
Don’t let sense get in the way of a a ‘controversial’ idea. We could spend the Son money on a player who would need time to settle into Poch’s system and maybe not be as food as him. Think of the fun that would be!

I know it's part of Sissoko's je ne sais quoi to point to where he thinks the ball should be passed. It was almost endearing, until today, right in front of Mane, in the penalty box, and just had to be the one time he wasn't ignored.​

30 seconds. 30 fudging seconds?? Even I last longer than that.

I thought they’d allow us to hope for 4 or 5 minutes at least.

Back