1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jon, 12 May 2019.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 4 Jun 2019.
  1. Lloris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rose

54.7%
  3. Sissoko

5.7%
  4. Winks

39.6%
  1. SylDave

SylDave Jonathan Blondel

Exactly the imbeciles who make the laws of football have decided this is a handball, anyone with a brain who understands the game knows it should not be and I would say the same thing if it was our pen be it tonight or any other game.

ALtottenham_hotspur likes this.
  2. TK Massive

TK Massive Rohan Ricketts

Indeed controversial, as I don't think you can put a price on everything else son brings. He seems like a genuinely loyal and hard working guy, and even when he doesn't have his best game hes still running from the minute the whistle goes. If we were to cash in on him, it would probably have to be nearly £175 million for me to truly be ok with it.
    Though It's hard to put a price on loyalty.

Mikey10 likes this.
  3. Mikey10

Mikey10 Steed Malbranque

Goodnight, boys and girls. Just remember that when they wake up tomorrow they’ll still be Scousers.

4. Legohamster

Legohamster Vedran Corluka

How about Mopo back Levy as well?

Him sounding off the last few months hasn’t helped anything.

It goes two ways.

5. Hotshot-Tottenham

Hotshot-Tottenham Gerry Armstrong

But it’s not.

How far from his pec to his arm? 4 inches?

If the ball his hits another part of the body and ricochets onto the arm it’s never given as a pen.

Check out the non-decision on Alexander-Arnold on the quarters. Not given.

It’s simply not a penalty. And a wrong penalty given in the first minute has a profound effect on the outcome.

Kandi1977 likes this.
  6. Legohamster

Current UEFA laws

Roberto Rosetti, the head of Uefa referees, said earlier this year that officials in the Champions League would enforce stricter decisions on handball and that an “unnatural” position of the arm could lead to a free-kick or penalty, meaning the handball does not necessarily have to be “deliberate”, despite what the laws say.

It’s a pen.

ALtottenham_hotspur likes this.
  7. SylDave

SylDave Jonathan Blondel

I don’t disagree with a word you said except the price I would take £80-100m, look at Ferguson at Man U he always sold players at peak value.

8. TK Massive

Oh GHod does that mean eriksen actually only worth £50 mil?

9. Robbo

Robbo Steve Carr

We're all disappointed. Just remember the alternative - not being in the CL final at all.

We were there, and while we could've done a lot better, we weren't disastrous. We didn't look any more out of place than our opponents. We didn't shame the legacy of our great club.

We were, per definition, the second best team in Europe this season. We would've loved to be the best of course. But that wasn't to be - not because we were in too deep, it just wasn't our night.

We played in the CL final. It was a poor final, not just because of us, but because of circumstances and a below par performance from both teams. But we were in it, and we should be proud we made it that way far (despite us all being disappointed from the loss).

COYS, really. Onwards and upwards.

10. 90291Spur

90291Spur Frederic Kanoute

FIFY

Robspur12 likes this.
  11. Legohamster

Sure.

But it’s the laws of the game in the CL and EL

12. 90291Spur

That it is, and I wasn’t saying it wasn’t the rule. I also think the yellow card for taking your shirt off after you score is a bad rule. And it was a silly thing for Sissoko to do and very clever of Mané to do what he did. I think this rule will last one season as there will be so many penalties given as players flick the ball up to hit arms/hands.

13. We are Tottenham

We are Tottenham Neil Ruddock

I concur exactly 100percent it's not just me who thought the reff was useless even unfair the way he refereed game. Makes more of an uphill battle for our players. Yep they wasted time through out.

90291Spur likes this.
  14. Legohamster

All comes from Ball watching.

15. SylDave

SylDave Jonathan Blondel

Eriksen is a better player than Son over the course of a season, Sonny’s 10-15 games a season when he is at top form is a different story, those games he is truly world class.

16. TK Massive

Well hopefully the financial boost from at least making the finals will be nice. Anyone got the projected numbers to our bank account for making it this far?

17. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Tony Parks

Who would u replace him with?

You will need:

20 goals
    Left foot/Right foot
    8-10 assists
    A1 attitude
    Fit 95% of the time
    Good age
    Not astronomical wages
    Cover AM or CF

Go.....

Bullet likes this.
  18. 90291Spur

Yeah, but Son occasionally doesn’t score 2 or three goals a game, so he has to be moved out.

Jon and Benny_Lad like this.
  19. Hotshot-Tottenham

Hotshot-Tottenham Gerry Armstrong

“Could”

“Does not necessarily”

So why was TAA’s not given in the quarters.

It’s not a pen.

20. SylDave

SylDave Jonathan Blondel

fudging hell I know it’s 2019 and everyone has to have some extreme view but this isn’t about knocking Son, this is about refreshing the team and taking hard decisions, Son is the one player in the squad who we could get big money for without being forced, ie Eriksen with one year left, look at what Ferguson did at Man U and the players he sold and when, I think if Ferguson was our manger now he would move Son on to be the catalyst to rebuilt the squad while having the effect on the rest that they can’t sit comfortably at the club.

And as for replacing him that’s a hard one but it’s why I am not a football scout.