1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jon, 12 May 2019.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 4 Jun 2019.
  1. Lloris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rose

54.7%
  3. Sissoko

5.7%
  4. Winks

39.6%
  1. djp82

djp82 Naybet

Not all luck tho Scousers defended properly. Both goals came from errors not luck. Before the alleged handball Trippier is all over the gaff (again) second goal was a 2/3 errors not clearing our lines.

It’s always the difference in big games. And our manager went with his heart over his head and played Kane . Poor choice he was awful tonight. VVD handled him easily.

2. Mikey10

Mikey10 Steed Malbranque

Agree re tonight. I was commenting more generally on a season in which we’ve lost 20 games.

I think the biggest thing we learned tonight, and probably over the season, is that Harry shouldn’t walk straight back into the team after injury and that he needs serious back up. We need to change that mindset imo.

3. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Chris Perry

I did. We played well - couldn't finish, but played well.

Mikey10, AdamB, Rorschach and 7 others like this.
  4. galeforce

galeforce Tony Galvin

Thats how it used to be and it was completely fine imo.

5. Legohamster

Legohamster Vedran Corluka

For all his positives this season I still think we need a Sissoko upgrade - he’s very limited.

AdamB and djp82 like this.
  6. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Tony Parks

Agree on first 2. Last one we have Son then Moura. Will do well to top them on Spurs money.

7. SylDave

SylDave Jonathan Blondel

Poch needs to take a look in the mirror though for starting Kane, every time with zero exceptions when Kane comes back from his ankle he plays like a statue for the first two to three games before starting to regain his form, he would have been better off the bench coming on instead of Llorente, the hoof ball to him was never going to work against the Liverpool defence.

It’s just so frustrating because I’m so proud of the lads for getting there and then this.

afsoc4life, Robbo, Pirate55 and 2 others like this.
  8. Yiddo

Yiddo Dean Richards

We played sideways and backwards. We were brick and that is the type of performance we have showed alot this season.

9. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Kasey Keller

If I get anymore YNWA texts I’ll scream.

As I recall Karius was very much left to walk alone last season. Bindipping clams.

SteveAWOL, elyid, Daisuk and 3 others like this.
  10. Robbo

Robbo Steve Carr

Liverpool were equally poor offensively. But they got their goals from the penalty and the only half decent chance they had. Can't say the win was undeserved, but margins are small and had we not conceeded that penalty I believe this game would've panned out very differently.

Such a shame the bloody first thing to happen was that pen - which, I'm certain, wouldn’t have happened to every team. If it was Van Dijk and not Sissoko? Well...I'm not 400% sure that it would've been a pen.

Lucky start for Pool, but we were toothless from there. There was plenty time to get that goal to change everything, but we never looked very threatening. That's disappointing. Kane, Dele, Son, Eriksen - we didn't look like we had that quartet up front at all. Salad, Mane and Firminho looked equally poor, but they had that goal. We looked clueless up front with four players who should be able to create a havoc for any defence.

That, I think, is the disappointmemt. We never threatened them at all.

11. Craig_J

Craig_J Terry Fenwick

I hope you’re right Dubai. The only thing that can cheer me up now is a season of Bale smashing them in from improbable angles, pulling love heart celebrations left, right and centre

12. Yiddo

Yiddo Dean Richards

If the ball hadn't hit his hand after hitting his arm pit then it wouldn't have been a pen. We were fudging shocking, thats why we lost.

galeforce likes this.
  13. galeforce

galeforce Tony Galvin

I agree on Kane, I said similar in his thread a few weeks back.

I’m not proud of them after that, it undoes the work in previous rounds, and now that I’m in a negative mood I’m thinking the CL run just papered over a pretty bricky league campaign.

I won’t look back on this season as any kind of success.

14. milo

milo Vivian Woodward Staff Member

Completely agree

ricky2tricky4city and Robbo like this.
  15. Daisuk

Daisuk Frederic Kanoute

Margins, mate. We're unlucky not win it. Must've won the xg. Pen is correct, but the rules are bent.

16. We are Tottenham

We are Tottenham Neil Ruddock

I have to say this .. you're right Vertongen and Aldervereld as well have been great this season but I think we needed another class defender who could come in and give them a rest occasionally.

Danishfurniturelover and elyid like this.
  17. Robspur12

Robspur12 Mitchell Thomas

To slate Harry Kane or the decision to play him is wrong imho. He is our best player and the one most likely to make things happen. The major problem was he was well shackled by VVD and the players around him were poor. Disappointed Lamela didn't come on. Guess Sissoko's injury put paid to that.

Jon likes this.
  18. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Naybet

I can’t see how these new hand ball rules improve the game at all. Getting stricter next season too.

glasgowspur likes this.
  19. galeforce

galeforce Tony Galvin

I was actually thinking it might be a good thing, puts the pressure on them having something to defend and we would surely feel aggrieved and respond.

What a fudging idiot I am.

20. milo

milo Vivian Woodward Staff Member

I'm adding Sissoko to the list but will leave nominations open until tomorrow to give the people who went to the game a chance to have their say.