• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the day we have all been waiting for.

In my crystal ball, dead balls will be crucial. If we score from ours and they don't from theirs, we will win. So it has been written, so let it be done!

Let's do this.

COYS.

Just keeps dawning on me what this day means. It could change everything. The reference point to our club. Not so much about Bill Nic’s double Winners but Pochs European champions!

Immortality is the word. These lads will be etched in Tottenham Hotspur folklore.

Regardless, we know who we are. We have our identity, we don’t need to pander to these banter accounts and fragile gooners... we are Tottenham, regardless of this result. We are N17. We’ve celebrated together whether it’s Niko Kranjcars last minute winner v Bolton or scoring 2 late goals v Swansea or Steed making it 5-1 v arsenal.

Today is a celebration. We celebrate our history and write a new chapter.

And from today onwards, we win the cup when the year ends in “9”

COYS!

104859772_vincent-janssen-sport_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqhxIBykwsigX1ySZvqBRpDno2san51jJAOaeCOkyVVLc.jpg

Tying not to get overly hyped up. Otherwise won't be able to watch! The City game I was in a right old state. We came through that, and now we have to break down a very good pool side.

Lots of quesitons:

how do we deal with 'pools highly effective press? Poch used to be king of the press. Few teams emulated his teams level of pressing. Maybe pool's is now more sopisticated that ours. Maybe Poch has refocused us as we've evolved? Less focused on the press always. One thing is for sure their midfield and forwards will try and strangle our possession. It is ironic that as a team who press we're not always great at passing around or going long to get around the strangle hold. How we deal with this will be our first test.

Playing the game not the occasion our second. Poch tends to hype up vital games rather than take the pressure off. Which has got us this far. No criticism. Occasionally we don't deal with pressure so well. How will Poch get the players focused on the football, psyched up yet forget the occasion, focus on passing moving, closing, finishing? A fIne ballance. Have no regrets, leave everything on the pitch.

Moura and/or Kane is the big selection decision. Only Poch will know from training. If Kane is fully fit he will start. But either coming on could be explosive. It would be nuts to drop Alli to the bench. I think we need him in midfield.

Then how will we deal with that battle in midfield? Will we bypass it and try to go long? Hard to find time to pick a long pass. Will we drop Eriksen and Alli into midfield to reinforce? Who plays the crucial defense screening role or does it rotate between the CMs? Who partners Sissoko? Winks, Dier or even Wanyama?

Kane, Moura and Son are crucial, all comfortable finishers. We HAVE to take our chances to state the obvious.

The biggest game of our histroy. The biggest game of my life time. Whatever happens I'm happy. BThe determination and hunger is there. We need pure focus and determination and we will raise our game to lift that fukign trophy!

COYS

Just keeps dawning on me what this day means. It could change everything. The reference point to our club. Not so much about Bill Nic’s double Winners but Pochs European champions!

Immortality is the word. These lads will be etched in Tottenham Hotspur folklore.

Regardless, we know who we are. We have our identity, we don’t need to pander to these banter accounts and fragile gooners... we are Tottenham, regardless of this result. We are N17. We’ve celebrated together whether it’s Niko Kranjcars last minute winner v Bolton or scoring 2 late goals v Swansea or Steed making it 5-1 v arsenal.

Today is a celebration. We celebrate our history and write a new chapter.

And from today onwards, we win the cup when the year ends in “9”

COYS!

This! 100%. We win and lose together.

Think Kane should start on the bench, even if fully fit.
We got through against City and Ajax with Son and Moura. I think they deserve to play, and we need the pace and flexibility that they bring. If we start with Kane it will be easier for Liverpool to press us early and to mark Kane out of the game as he is more static and when he plays we naturally tend to use him as the target.
Still, Its a tough decision for Poch, and it will be very hard for him to leave Kane on the bench if he is fully fit.

Think Kane should start on the bench, even if fully fit.
We got through against City and Ajax with Son and Moura. I think they deserve to play, and we need the pace and flexibility that they bring. If we start with Kane it will be easier for Liverpool to press us early and to mark Kane out of the game as he is more static and when he plays we naturally tend to use him as the target.
Still, Its a tough decision for Poch, and it will be very hard for him to leave Kane on the bench if he is fully fit.

Agree totally on Harry. Liverpool will want to come flying out - having Sonny and Lucas out wide should make their full-backs think twice about coming too far forward.

And Harry coming on around 60 minutes would scare the brick out of them.

Is BT Sport 2 going to be free to air tonight does anyone know?
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool will be the best connected final ever, with anyone in the UK able to watch exclusively live on BT Sport.

The final will be available to live stream on the BT Sport app, for small and largescreen devices, on BTSport.com (at btsport.com/final on matchday), via BT Sport’s YouTube channel and for free on Virgin TV
https://sport.bt.com/football/bt-sp...r-uefa-champions-league-final-S11364002870161

Bit odd that BT won’t put it on a channel for their customers who don’t take a sports package. Serves us right for being cheapskates and streaming I suppose.

Had enough stress at work to keep my mind off this for most of the week but blimey is today dragging. Will be a wreck by 20:00.

bife1alo65031.png

Courtesy of /u/jmewhyte on Reddit.

Yeah, we're conceding in the first five minutes. I've accepted it.

We will blow them away in the second half, so no worries. :)

I am worried that this trend will continue. Have a bad feeling it could be something similar to the league match at Wembley, with Liverpool going 2 goals up early and then holding on until we snatch a late goal to set up a frantic finish.

I am hoping we are focused from the first second. Get to half -time level at worst and I am confident we will win

I am worried that this trend will continue. Have a bad feeling it could be something similar to the league match at Wembley, with Liverpool going 2 goals up early and then holding on until we snatch a late goal to set up a frantic finish.

I am hoping we are focused from the first second. Get to half -time level at worst and I am confident we will win

I’ve resigned myself to them scoring first. It’s how we respond.

Back