• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
30 pages and we’re still over a day before the game.

Get it to 100 and I reckon we might have a chance tomorrow.

I've been pretty busy all week and the days have ticked by with a surprising normality.

However today the anxiety is kicking in...I'm soon gonna be unapproachable, unable to carry out any task or request, answer any questions, make any decisions.... basically leave me well alone.
My missus has asked several times about having people over to watch the game, but she finally gets it that this game, this glorious moment - will be enjoyed solo. COYS!!

What do people think about Winks starting? I don't think he's great at tracking runners and with their front 3 could be a big risk, also think it's going to be a pretty hectic start and if he's not played for 2 months we might lose the early midfield battle.

What do people think about Winks starting? I don't think he's great at tracking runners and with their front 3 could be a big risk, also think it's going to be a pretty hectic start and if he's not played for 2 months we might lose the early midfield battle.

Winks and Sissoko have been hands-down our best CM pairing this season. Winks has also done it on big occasions, like bossing Modric and Kroos that night at the Bernabeu.

Wanyama is a crock (I noticed this week how badly he was suffering in the Ajax celebrations, and he only did 45 mins that night).

Dier is the tough one to call. He's gone from exhaustion to illnesses. There's a chance he might now be perfectly rested and back to his best. Or we might just see more of the recent shadow of himself, until he's had a summer break and full pre-season.

So for me it's purely a sharpness call between Winks and Dier, which only the coaches can assess.

ha, I know the feeling, other than checking in on here I'm avoiding all of the build up, I'm assuming its a dipper circle jerk out there and don't want to be exposed to it

This is what you are missing

352840552_7a9a0a6ec7_z.jpg

Getting really nervous about the Final.

This may well be our once-in-a-lifetime chance to win the CL. Big teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and PSG are sure to spend madly to try to win the CL in the coming years. Unless we spend big, it will be even tough to be in the CL semi final next time. Just can't see us getting the kind of luck we had against Emirates Marketing Project and Ajax again next time. So we have to make the most of our chance in the CL final.

I think attack will make the difference in this match, rather than defence. Both have similiar attack but Liverpool's attack have been more consistent than us this season, scoring more than 20 goals than us in the league. I think their key player will be Sadio Mane who have been in great goal scoring form lately, finishing as the joint top scorer in the league. Apparently we were very close to signing Mane in 2017 to replace Son but he chose Liverpool because they were willing to pay him higher salary. Not sure how different we would be now if we had signed Mane and sold Son that season.

Noticed that we have been practising freekicks. Hope we have practised penalties as well. We do have a poor record in penalties, so do need to practice more of the penalties.

This may well be our once-in-a-lifetime chance to win the CL. Big teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and PSG are sure to spend madly to try to win the CL in the coming years. Unless we spend big, it will be even tough to be in the CL semi final next time. Just can't see us getting the kind of luck we had against Emirates Marketing Project and Ajax again next time. So we have to make the most of our chance in the CL final.

I think attack will make the difference in this match, rather than defence. Both have similiar attack but Liverpool's attack have been more consistent than us this season, scoring more than 20 goals than us in the league. I think their key player will be Sadio Mane who have been in great goal scoring form lately, finishing as the joint top scorer in the league. Apparently we were very close to signing Mane in 2017 to replace Son but he chose Liverpool because they were willing to pay him higher salary. Not sure how different we would be now if we had signed Mane and sold Son that season.

Noticed that we have been practising freekicks. Hope we have practised penalties as well. We do have a poor record in penalties, so do need to practice more of the penalties.
DELETE nerves.* and you'll be fine.

I'm sure we have been practising penalties and other set plays but they never show those and give away our plans (which is to hit the first man apparently :confused:)

Practicing penalties has little to no effect. Anyone can shoot the ball in the onion bag from 11 meters. It's the occasion and nerves that makes it difficult, and you can't practice that.

Winks and Sissoko have been hands-down our best CM pairing this season. Winks has also done it on big occasions, like bossing Modric and Kroos that night at the Bernabeu.

Wanyama is a crock (I noticed this week how badly he was suffering in the Ajax celebrations, and he only did 45 mins that night).

Dier is the tough one to call. He's gone from exhaustion to illnesses. There's a chance he might now be perfectly rested and back to his best. Or we might just see more of the recent shadow of himself, until he's had a summer break and full pre-season.

So for me it's purely a sharpness call between Winks and Dier, which only the coaches can assess.

Wanyama starting would be suicide in my view.

The build up on sky sports/talk sport is just embarrassing.

All pool except for a 5 minute interruption to talk about spurs.

I hope the squad use all this as motivation.

Back