• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am not sure that's the right place but last Sunday my Egyptian team " Zamalek " won the firs confiderial cup in our history( it's more like the Europa league ). We only had one point from our first 3 matches in the group stage and qualified by a late goal in the last game in the group. I hope Spurs will continue the best season in my supporting history. Inshallah :D

I am not sure that's the right place but last Sunday my Egyptian team " Zamalek " won the firs confiderial cup in our history( it's more like the Europa league ). We only had one point from our first 3 matches in the group stage and qualified by a late goal in the last game in the group. I hope Spurs will continue the best season in my supporting history. Inshallah :D

Mido started at Zamalek, right? :)

Right. Returning from a project in Botswana and time to start getting excited about my 24 hour Madrid beano/Final...

I cannot quite explain why, but I think all the hardship and adversity we have been through as a group is going to push us over the line Saturday. I don’t think we will allow ourselves to lose. I think it will be one of those slow-burn matches which explodes second-half. I just have a feeling we will take it...

Right. Returning from a project in Botswana and time to start getting excited about my 24 hour Madrid beano/Final...

I cannot quite explain why, but I think all the hardship and adversity we have been through as a group is going to push us over the line Saturday. I don’t think we will allow ourselves to lose. I think it will be one of those slow-burn matches which explodes second-half. I just have a feeling we will take it...

I love your optimism. More posts like this. Keep them coming, please. :D

I keep pushing the thought down but if we're going to win I think we will do it from behind.

I don't think those four attacking players work well as a unit, all very good and bring something to the game, but in the few times I've seen them play together I don't think it's worked, I may be wrong.

A bit worried about the return of Kane. Our attack looked poor when Kane was playing before his injury. During Kane's absence, we scored 7 goals in 4 matches against Emirates Marketing Project and Ajax in the CL. Our attack actually look better without Kane ! Nowadays, Kane seems to unsettle our attack by getting himself involved in all the positions. Others like Son seems to stop playing when Kane is playing. If Kane does start, he should only concentrate on his position and let others do their duties.

I’m going Kane up top Moura and Son wide central 3 of eriksen Ali sissoko then back four trips Toby Jan and Rose, loris in goal.

I really believe Moura is going to be the deciding factor and in such a high after the Ajax game- got to have him in the side.

Son likewise player of the season for a reason, can see him doing a Emirates Marketing Project again and pop up with crucial goals.

Cm is a bit soft but if they are disciplined we can do this.

Haha, an old friend of mine, also a yid, just told me he's going to Spain this weekend, for another pal's wedding (also a yid). Lots of Liverpool fans invited as well, and the bride flat out refuses them to watch the game during the wedding! Haha. I'd divorce her on the spot. Or at least just fudge off from the wedding and head to Madrid if I was a guest. As my friend says - it's probably the only time we'll see Spurs in a CL final, but he knows our pal to be wed will be married again (his wife to be is a complete nonce). :p

I hope we learnt from the league games against them, at Anfield their FB's had so much space it was ridiculous and almost murdered us with it. They are both quick and have great crosses, we can't allow them time and space in those areas.

That analysis from Hoddle was good, the game will be intense and maybe too much for Winks and Kane initially so keep them on the bench and have numbers central to cope with them cutting infield and pace on the counter.

Has to be something like

-------------Dier
-----Sissoko
---Eriksen----Alli-----Moura
-----------Son

The holding player is a tough call as none of them bar Winks who isn't quite the same style as a traditional holder have had great seasons but maybe Dier as he can drop in at CB as well or even RB if Trippier goes forward but he did look shocking at Bournemouth.

Good thing is we know exactly how Liverpool will line up and how they'll approach it so hopefully we have plans to counter it.

Oh and I read we can apparently have 11 or 12 subs which gives us plenty of options.

Some interesting bits here

PLAZA DE COLON FAN ZONE
The full running order of events in the fan zone at Plaza de Colon is being finalised and will include appearances by Club legends and DJ sets. Spurs stewards will be present in the fan zone, which comfortably holds 17000 people. The decision not to show the game on screens in the fan zones was taken by the City of Madrid and, despite strong requests from fan groups and the clubs, and lobbying from FSE and even the Mayor of Liverpool, at the time of writing, they’ve made the decision to close at 6pm. We’ve expressed concern at the number of ticketless fans in the city on Saturday night and asked our Safety Officers and Metropolitan Police representatives for more details on the planned approach to policing the centre of Madrid during the match. There are no officially designated bars for Spurs fans but we are informed there are a large number of bars showing the game - Madrid is a city which loves its football, after all.

GETTING TO THE STADIUM
It’s quite a long walk from the Metro station it’s been suggested Spurs fans use - Canillejas station on Line 5 (green line). The Club has asked for water stations en route and we strongly advise you to be prepared for at least half an hour’s walk in the heat. Allow sufficient time for your journey - at least an hour from the fan zone to the outer perimeter of the stadium. We kick off at 9pm local time.

At the stadium, you will need to go through an initial ticket check to enter the dedicated Spurs fan zone immediately outside the turnstiles we will use for entry. Food and drink, including alcohol, will be available in these zones and they are open from 4pm, closing at kick-off. There is no alcohol inside the stadium, but soft drinks and food are available. We challenged this decision, given the change in competition rules allowing alcohol to be served in GA areas in the Champions League this season. And given Heineken’s role as a tier one sponsor. We understand this is down to a local law so there’ll be no booze on sale inside the stadium. You are very welcome to drink in the fan zone immediately outside the turnstiles from 4pm until kick off, however.

ENTERING THE GROUND
To enter the ground you will need to present your ticket at the turnstile. Initial searches and checks at the outer cordon will be carried out by the Spanish police, with checks at the gates carried out by Atletico Madrid staff. Please take care of your ticket. We have been told categorically that no duplicates will be issued under any circumstances.

The list of prohibited items is on the Club website. We have been told phone chargers ARE allowed into the ground.

Tottenham Hotspur stewards will be present and clearly identifiable immediately outside the ground, with a limited number of our regular away stewards inside the ground. Inside the ground you will be able to move freely around between sections on the concourses, and there are no screens or nets to obscure the view.

Back