• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur B Vs Bayern Munich

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a good performance by us at all, Foyth, Sess and Gazza were the only ones who looked liked they bothered the rest were going through the motions ( imo). Skipp looked ok when he came on but by that time the game was dead.

Interesting to hear Jose say he learnt a few things from the game and that was what the game was for really, a dead rubber that gave him the chance to look at a few things. We have to sort out our FB situation ( as a priority imo) both KWP and Rose were awful and unless Jose plans on using Davies more ( when fit) we need to get replacements in as soon as we can.

Can’t believe there’s been so much handwringing in the last 20 hours for a dead rubber game, away in Munich, with a make shift team that’s never played together before, It was basically a preseason game.

There were 1 or 2 bright performances in the first half, but other than that pretty much everyone was poor in the 2nd half. I don’t see the need to dig reserve players out over it. It will be a much better barometer of where they are and what they are capable of if they are slotted in alongside the first team.

I really don’t see the benefit of throwing in Parrot into a game last night.

Would have been feeding of scraps and dented his confidence.

JM needs to know whether he is ready to understudy Kane yet. This dead rubber match seemed to me a good opportunity to give him an hour to see if he is ready or we need another back-up in January

JM needs to know whether he is ready to understudy Kane yet. This dead rubber match seemed to me a good opportunity to give him an hour to see if he is ready or we need another back-up in January

What if he already knows and his decision last night was a reflection of that

*Joses selection was all wrong. He set up a team with no midfield creativity and no focal point. Im not sure it was deliberate, and I do think he set them up to struggle. KWP was exposed, Lo Celso had no midfield to feed him and no striker to play to, the midfield was completely dull and lacking...

Id like to think it was a test, of sorts, and that Jose knew exactly what he was doing, but truthfully I think he will be recognising the mistake made right now and learning from it.

Same back line,
.......Skipp.....Dier
Moura....Lo Celso....Sessegnon
..........Son/Parrot
(probably start Son and sub in Parrott)

For me this would have been a much better way to set up and give players a chance to impress. So Im quite disappointed in Jose right now, because Im just not sure what it is he was trying to achieve with his selection (could be my ignorance, of course - and I hope to be proven wrong in time).

See my earlier post where I made many of the same points

If he thinks he is ready, he should have played him. If not ready, why take him ?

Because he thinks his development is better aided by being introduced gradually and being part of the match day squad?

I have no idea, just playing devils advocate.

Because he thinks his development is better aided by being introduced gradually and being part of the match day squad?

I have no idea, just playing devils advocate.

But what decision will he make if Kane gets injured? How will he know if he is ready to start an important game if he hasn’t tried him out there? Minutes yesterday would surely have been invaluable to helping him form that view. Not least because it would have enabled us to play in some semblance of the way our first team plays rather than introduce a totally random formation.

But what decision will he make if Kane gets injured? How will he know if he is ready to start an important game if he hasn’t tried him out there? Minutes yesterday would surely have been invaluable to helping him form that view. Not least because it would have enabled us to play in some semblance of the way our first team plays rather than introduce a totally random formation.

Based on his selection last night, we'd see Moura or Son lead the line, the same as we did under Poch.

Based on his selection last night, we'd see Moura or Son lead the line, the same as we did under Poch.

Moura showed he’s not up to it and Son isn’t nearly as effective there imo. So we will compromise two positions and implement an entirely new formation to try and cover up. It is why we were poor without Kane and Poch always rushed him back every time far too quickly ( the CL Final being an absolute case in point)

Moura showed he’s not up to it and Son isn’t nearly as effective there imo. So we will compromise two positions and implement an entirely new formation to try and cover up. It is why we were poor without Kane and Poch always rushed him back every time far too quickly ( the CL Final being an absolute case in point)

Maybe he still thinks that they are a better option that Parrot. Moura has done ok in the past.

We were dominated. Throw away game. Good some players got minutes. And never easy away at Bayern. We seem weak in midfield. Maybe I've just made it into a catch-all blame factor to sum up all our issues. But feels like we don't have a strong heart in the team. Sissoko is possibly the closest which says a lot in itself.

So why do you think he has been bought into the side by Mourinho and why is he persevering with him. What better alternatives do we currently have in that position?
Because Mourinho "knows" him, and he's playing all the ones that he knows and have seen playing, and maybe hoping to get him back to his best. So far that looks highly unlikely. There are alternatives in both Skipp, Winks, Foyth and Sissoko, provided that they are paired with Ndombele. Foyth and Winks might work too.

Consider that the opposition didn't have to take any risks, it was a really poor game for a lot of our players. Great that JM had this opportunity to cast a quick rule over the players. Also very bold of him to save the key members from traveling, and setting a clear benchmark for the rest of the players to follow.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Disappointed with the performance and result. Despite resting many regulars, thought we would do well to get at least draw against Bayern under Mourinho. After all, Bayern were in poor form and just sacked their manager. But we failed to take advantage of their poor form and played poorly most of the match and deserved to get beaten. We started poorly and duly conceded the early goal. But we did well to make it 1-1 but conceded the second goal just before half time and never recovered after that.

Credit to Sessegnon for scoring his first ever goal for us on his full debut. He took his goal brilliantly. But he went missing after the goal. Our attack looked poor without Kane, Son and Alli. Moura, Eriksen and Lo Celso didn't have any impact in the match. Son came on to improve our attack but he really should have scored the one-on-one chance late in the match.

We lost this match in midfield. We badly missed a defensive midfielder who could have controlled the match for us. Dier and Sissoko failed to control the midfield. In fact, Dier was ball-watching for their second goal while Sissoko should have stopped them making the long range shot for their third goal. Maybe Wanyama should have started instead of Dier.

Our defence conceded the 3 goals which we should have stopped. Alderweireld and Foyth played well in patches and went missing too many times. Not sure if Gazzaniga could have done better with all the goals but he really should organize the defence better. Mourinho needs to improve our defending fast if we want to achieve anything this season.

So, we lost to Bayern home and away, scoring 3 and conceding 10 goals. History books won't ever let us forger the 2-7 humiliating defeat at home. It shows the gap between us and the big teams of Europe are still huge. At least we are now in the Round of 16 of the CL. Let's hope we will get a favourable draw to help us go very far in the CL this season.

Back