• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur B Vs Bayern Munich

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My positives

Sessegnon, although I do think long term he probably needs to slide backwards toward LB/LWB as for a forward he lacks trickery. Good pace and acceleration but he doesn't seem to have any way of beating a player other than through sheer pace, that would be less of an issue playing deeper imo. There is though much more to see of him so let's just see where he ends up.

Skipp, he looked youthful and energetic and actually got in and around the Bayern players. A couple of good tackles and neat interplay were evident. The type of cameo he showed is much more what we are needing from our deeper CM pairing who bloody awful (once again) today.

Foyth looked calm and distributed well, I expect he was a positive in Jose's eyes.

The rest were pretty poor, GLC was disappointing but I think his performance was to be expected with no midfield to pass him the ball he really struggled to get involved in an effective way.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Eriksen. Nice runabout but never seriously attempting any intervention or tackles. Such a poser. I'd be studs up on him every tackle in training.

And teasing the fcuk out of him about his encroaching bald spot.

Not sure if that's good or bad news for Foyth. He did alright, put some good challenges in and scared the brick out of us with some very typical Foyth moments.
He did better than alright for me. People are very critical (perhaps rightly so) about almost all of the players surrounding him bar Alderweireld and Sissoko. Some are seeing poor performances from some of those players as a reason for poor performances from others. In that mess Foyth to be stood out as someone mostly in the right place at the right time, getting his tackles, blocks and physical duels right, while being brave and good on the ball.

I'm not saying he's the greatest thing since Ledley, but he did well in a rather dysfunctional team up against very good opponents with limited match fitness. I think that's better than alright.

I don't think Dave Mackay in his prime could have helped in that invisible midfield, Eriksen and LoCelso were terrible in all aspect of the game and gave no support to either defence or attacking play, it's no more than I expected from Eriksen as he's gone but LoCelso should have been trying to make the most of this opportunity. Moura really showed them up with his attitude and workrate.

I don't think Dave Mackay in his prime could have helped in that invisible midfield, Eriksen and LoCelso were terrible in all aspect of the game and gave no support to either defence or attacking play, it's no more than I expected from Eriksen as he's gone but LoCelso should have been trying to make the most of this opportunity. Moura really showed them up with his attitude and workrate.

Interesting what people see in terms of problem priorities, imo

1. KWP was terrible, not only that, he was targeted all game because the opposition could see it from a mile off.
2. Close second was Rose and Dier
3. Eriksen and Lo Celso struggled but at least had touches (Lo Celso for the goal build up)

This was more like "Poch's Spurs", without the overpowered front line our flaws in CM and FB get brutally exposed, even Sissoko and Sessegnon had long periods of nothing in this game.

I'll take Jose's view, it was a learning experience, not sure for us fans it's anything new, i.e. Rose and KWP cannot be part of our first 11, we need an upgrade on Dier in DM role and Eriksen isn't the player he was and if he wants to go, we should move on quickly.

Watch the game again, focus your attention to Dier and what's happening around him. If you still belive he's an valuable asset to us, then I seriously suggest you take a trip to Specsavers. He looks like a bloke from the pub that's won the opportunity to play with professionals. The game just passes him, and he turns like he's up to his hip in mud!

So why do you think he has been brought into the side by Mourinho and why is he persevering with him. What better alternatives do we currently have in that position?

When two of your allegedly most creative and influential midfield player who you are looking to direct the pace and control of a game can't be bothered it's hard to look for a greater priority in a poor performance. If we were along ball team it wouldn't be such a problem just stick in a couple of Noble like players in with two big blokes to lump it to. Midfield defines the type of team you are, our best teams have had great players Ardiles, Blanchflower, Hoddle and White.

Interesting what people see in terms of problem priorities, imo

1. KWP was terrible, not only that, he was targeted all game because the opposition could see it from a mile off.
2. Close second was Rose and Dier
3. Eriksen and Lo Celso struggled but at least had touches (Lo Celso for the goal build up)

This was more like "Poch's Spurs", without the overpowered front line our flaws in CM and FB get brutally exposed, even Sissoko and Sessegnon had long periods of nothing in this game.

I'll take Jose's view, it was a learning experience, not sure for us fans it's anything new, i.e. Rose and KWP cannot be part of our first 11, we need an upgrade on Dier in DM role and Eriksen isn't the player he was and if he wants to go, we should move on quickly.

KWP had a bad night, but Im not sure its fair to lay that blame on him as he was so desperately exposed.

Pretty easy to look terrible when you have the right side all on your own and 2 (or3!) players coming at you time and time again...

I was trying to work it out during the game, and while I couldnt be sure either way (was he good or bad) I was pretty sure Aurier would have done no better.

Similarly Dier. Not his greatest showing, no argument there, but alongside Sissosko - that midfield was never going to be any good, they just arent complimentary at all, and effectively set up to fail. I was very disappointed Skipp didnt get the start, and I think he showed why when he came on. Skipp/Dier or even Skipp/Sissoko would have been much better IMO.

Eriksen was shocking. The very epitome of running toward play but not being interested in actually playing. Unless he was in space with the ball at his feet he didnt even wake up at all (and even then he did fudge all). Absolute disgrace.

Lo Celso looked lost to me, off the pace of the team. I dont fault him for effort, he was running round all over and trying - but he just seemed to never be in the right place at all. Its obvious he has heart, he has skill, and he has potential - but if last nights anything to go by - its obvious he doesnt have a position in our team either. That said, I think Jose made some mistakes in the selections he made*

Sessegnon was a positive. His finish was really something else, so emphatic. Though I think Joses assessment was right - he needs to use his physicality more, assert himself more. Itll come with time, and Im very happy with him in general. Well positioned, dilligent, and clearly very dangerous. Also, maybe its just me, but everytime I see him play Im struck by what a specimine he is. He always looks so powerful (potentially!)

Foyth barely put a foot wrong and impressed. A couple of Foythisms in control but nothing to sweat about.

The resurection of Alderweireld continues.

Rose was very poor. KWP gets singled out, but I dont think Rose was any better.

*Joses selection was all wrong. He set up a team with no midfield creativity and no focal point. Im not sure it was deliberate, and I do think he set them up to struggle. KWP was exposed, Lo Celso had no midfield to feed him and no striker to play to, the midfield was completely dull and lacking...

Id like to think it was a test, of sorts, and that Jose knew exactly what he was doing, but truthfully I think he will be recognising the mistake made right now and learning from it.

Same back line,
.......Skipp.....Dier
Moura....Lo Celso....Sessegnon
..........Son/Parrot
(probably start Son and sub in Parrott)

For me this would have been a much better way to set up and give players a chance to impress. So Im quite disappointed in Jose right now, because Im just not sure what it is he was trying to achieve with his selection (could be my ignorance, of course - and I hope to be proven wrong in time).

KWP had a bad night, but Im not sure its fair to lay that blame on him as he was so desperately exposed.

Pretty easy to look terrible when you have the right side all on your own and 2 (or3!) players coming at you time and time again...

I was trying to work it out during the game, and while I couldnt be sure either way (was he good or bad) I was pretty sure Aurier would have done no better.

Similarly Dier. Not his greatest showing, no argument there, but alongside Sissosko - that midfield was never going to be any good, they just arent complimentary at all, and effectively set up to fail. I was very disappointed Skipp didnt get the start, and I think he showed why when he came on. Skipp/Dier or even Skipp/Sissoko would have been much better IMO.

Eriksen was shocking. The very epitome of running toward play but not being interested in actually playing. Unless he was in space with the ball at his feet he didnt even wake up at all (and even then he did fudge all). Absolute disgrace.

Lo Celso looked lost to me, off the pace of the team. I dont fault him for effort, he was running round all over and trying - but he just seemed to never be in the right place at all. Its obvious he has heart, he has skill, and he has potential - but if last nights anything to go by - its obvious he doesnt have a position in our team either. That said, I think Jose made some mistakes in the selections he made*

Sessegnon was a positive. His finish was really something else, so emphatic. Though I think Joses assessment was right - he needs to use his physicality more, assert himself more. Itll come with time, and Im very happy with him in general. Well positioned, dilligent, and clearly very dangerous. Also, maybe its just me, but everytime I see him play Im struck by what a specimine he is. He always looks so powerful (potentially!)

Foyth barely put a foot wrong and impressed. A couple of Foythisms in control but nothing to sweat about.

The resurection of Alderweireld continues.

Rose was very poor. KWP gets singled out, but I dont think Rose was any better.

*Joses selection was all wrong. He set up a team with no midfield creativity and no focal point. Im not sure it was deliberate, and I do think he set them up to struggle. KWP was exposed, Lo Celso had no midfield to feed him and no striker to play to, the midfield was completely dull and lacking...

Id like to think it was a test, of sorts, and that Jose knew exactly what he was doing, but truthfully I think he will be recognising the mistake made right now and learning from it.

Same back line,
.......Skipp.....Dier
Moura....Lo Celso....Sessegnon
..........Son/Parrot
(probably start Son and sub in Parrott)

For me this would have been a much better way to set up and give players a chance to impress. So Im quite disappointed in Jose right now, because Im just not sure what it is he was trying to achieve with his selection (could be my ignorance, of course - and I hope to be proven wrong in time).

I'm not disappointed in Jose for two reasons

- Was very hard to predict what team the opposition was going to play (they could have played a C team, they didn't)
- I feel part of it was to put the players in tough real game scenario and see the reaction
- Again he has had less than a month and his C team avoided getting the fudging the previous A team got, and we managed to stop that ex Scum brick from having a field day.

For me

- Foyth and Toby looked fine, held their own most of the game
- Sessegnon had moments, he can hurt the opposition, can he hold his own? needs to work on that
- Gazza distribution at times last night was borderline amazing

KWP, just looked lost, not just exposed, looked out of his depth (and I'm not picking on him, I wish he could/would succeed, but just can't see it) and his one or two chances to contribute offensively he fluffed. Would Aurier have had a great night? probably not, would he have done better? yes, I have no doubt.

Rose is done, difference is we know Rose at one point (like Eriksen) at least had the ability to compete at this level but he is a liability now, dead horse conversation.

You make a conversation re the midfield giving no chance for success, yet Skipp made a difference in exactly that bad setup, players needed to step up and what we learned is a lot of them don't unless the system is perfect. The fact that Dier couldn't be close to Skipp's performance is scary.

Conclusion

- Our main Jose group -> Gazza, Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Jan, Sissoko, Dele, Son, Lucas, Kane stay the same
- Considerations for future -> Foyth, Skipp, Sessegnon
- Players that put their future at risk -> Dier (again really poor last night, thought after Burnley he had hope), Rose, KWP

January has to bring a FB and a DM/CM, the flaw there is blinding

I'm not disappointed in Jose for two reasons

- Was very hard to predict what team the opposition was going to play (they could have played a C team, they didn't)
- I feel part of it was to put the players in tough real game scenario and see the reaction
- Again he has had less than a month and his C team avoided getting the fudging the previous A team got, and we managed to stop that ex Scum brick from having a field day.

I dont think the opposition team matters, its a dead rubber and a chance to assess squad players.
I did think about the set up being designed to test the players, but I just cant justify it.
Why put out a side deliberately with a poor midfield and no focal point in attack? To what end?
Surely, I would think, it would be better to put a team out as I suggested with balance and a chance to succeed. Especially if its in the style of the "A" team to show players can step in.

KWP, just looked lost, not just exposed, looked out of his depth (and I'm not picking on him, I wish he could/would succeed, but just can't see it) and his one or two chances to contribute offensively he fluffed. Would Aurier have had a great night? probably not, would he have done better? yes, I have no doubt.

I really dont thin Aurier would have fared any better. I see little between the two to be honest, aside Auriers (often completely unjustified) self confidence.

KWP always looks to me like he needs to just "own it" a bit more.

Performance wise though I do think he is taking a lot of stick unfairly.

You make a conversation re the midfield giving no chance for success, yet Skipp made a difference in exactly that bad setup, players needed to step up and what we learned is a lot of them don't unless the system is perfect. The fact that Dier couldn't be close to Skipp's performance is scary.

Skipp is not comparable to either Dier or Sissoko. He compliments them. They dont compliment each other (and that was obvious before a ball was kicked)

Let's be honest that was poop, a dead rubber and all that but still, poop is poop.
I could accept the poop if Jose learnt something, but I don't see what he could learn with that team and selection that he didn't already know.

Same back line

............Dier

Sissoko......Sessegnon

.........Eriksen

...Moura....Parrot

Much less effective, IMO. Prone to falling into what I put out anyway - otherwise far to narrow and reliant on Sissoko/Sessegnon operating narrow which I think is counter to their strengths

Back