• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur B Vs Bayern Munich

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's not there for creativity. He also cannot be expected to cover a defense which includes Rose and KWP (both poor), Foyth at CB (bizarre performance) and a forward line which does not fully know how to cover/defend from the front.

I get tired defending Dier because I know what people think of him, but crikey and Karumba, he was on his own out there.

Skipp was really good, and I expect him to be the solid back-up.
Dier was terrible steff, in all aspects. I get that you want to defend him and I understand he cannot cover the entire midfield but Bayern forwards regularly went past him like he was not there, positionally he was terrible and again he gave the ball away several times under very little pressure. No doubt others were poor too but tonight he was captain and should have been more of a leader. It was not surprising that Jose took him off. He was not the worst but was very poor.

Yeah he singled Foyth out for positive reasons. Wasn't so complimentary about Sessegnon and made it clear that he'd learned some valuable information about others.
yeh i got the bit about he learnt some things and some of it sounded a little barbed! Just gonna have to trust him. I probably saw 15 mins tops so was hard to get anything. Shame as Sess took his goal well and i also saw him burst forward in the first half at great pace.

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho told BT Sport: "A good match for me. I don't want to speak about conclusions because it is too strong a word but I would say important information. I give you clearly a positive example because they are easier. Today I learned a lot about Juan Foyth. He didn't play one minute for me until today and I learned more in these 90 minutes than I did in two or three weeks of training. No conclusions but good information.

"I would prefer to win or to draw and for Son to score in the last minute and lose 3-2 rather than 3-1 of course but we knew the match was important for other reasons. We didn't want a result that leaves a shadow on us but I think positive things about many of the boys."

On Ryan Sessegnon: "That is his quality, that is the quality we know he has. He arrives always in dangerous positions and he is a good finisher. He can improve, he lost too many individual duels. He has a lot to develop but the potential is there."

Sessegnon looks a great prospect going forward but is much less accomplished when we do not have the ball. In that respect I will be very interested to see if he has a future under Jose.

I actually was happier with his defensive side than his offensive lol. He was tidy defending against Burnley, seems to get back into shape very quickly and cut out passing lanes.

Not sure if that's good or bad news for Foyth. He did alright, put some good challenges in and scared the brick out of us with some very typical Foyth moments.

We agree to disagree!
Watch the game again, focus your attention to Dier and what's happening around him. If you still belive he's an valuable asset to us, then I seriously suggest you take a trip to Specsavers. He looks like a bloke from the pub that's won the opportunity to play with professionals. The game just passes him, and he turns like he's up to his hip in mud!

Watch the game again, focus your attention to Dier and what's happening around him. If you still belive he's an valuable asset to us, then I seriously suggest you take a trip to Specsavers. He looks like a bloke from the pub that's won the opportunity to play with professionals. The game just passes him, and he turns like he's up to his hip in mud!
He was really poor tonight
I’d still prefer to judge him after a solid run of games with better players

He's looked similar in every games he's played, bar Burnley, but they didn't really offer any sort of resistance.
Yeah it’s always the way. When we play well the DMs never get any credit
My mate who hates Dier thought he was excellent vs Burnley
And by hate..you would think Dier banged his missus
So maybe some people can change their opinions
But he was really bad tonight. Although sissoko was worse as he kinda went hiding behind

I was disappointed with JM today. Thought he would have set us up for this game better. Lucas at CF ffs! When it was clear the two CMs were being overrun, why not introduce Skipp earlier, then Sissoko could have doubled up on the right to help out KWP, who was clearly out of his depth. Why play LoCelso AND Eriksen. Surely one "creative" player would have been enough - and with LoCelso in a more forward position his defensive frailties wouldn't have been so exposed. It would have been a good game to play Troy in the Kane role with runners such as Sissoko, LoCelso and Sess off him. We should as near as possible have tried to emulate the first team formation and tactics imo and so set up like this:

.....................................Gazza..................................

KWP ..................Foyth.................Toby..............Rose

............................... Skipp.....Dier..................

Sissoko.(covering KWP)...................LoCelso (in the Dele role)................Sessegnon (in the Son role)

..........................................Parrot (in the Kane role)

That set up with virtually the personnel JM selected would at the very least give us a platform to play from. At it was, we were all over the place both tactically and positionally. I would suggest my set up would have competed much better and at least look like a team with a plan.

I laughed out loud - yes, actually lolled - when Wanyama came on. Nothing signalled defeat more clearly than his leisurely strolls about the park. Really liked what he offered in past seasons but now, they're sending him out for a jog to stave off a heart attack before they can transfer him.

I was disappointed with JM today. Thought he would have set us up for this game better. Lucas at CF ffs! When it was clear the two CMs were being overrun, why not introduce Skipp earlier, then Sissoko could have doubled up on the right to help out KWP, who was clearly out of his depth. Why play LoCelso AND Eriksen. Surely one "creative" player would have been enough - and with LoCelso in a more forward position his defensive frailties wouldn't have been so exposed. It would have been a good game to play Troy in the Kane role with runners such as Sissoko, LoCelso and Sess off him. We should as near as possible have tried to emulate the first team formation and tactics imo and so set up like this:

.....................................Gazza..................................

KWP ..................Foyth.................Toby..............Rose

............................... Skipp.....Dier..................

Sissoko.(covering KWP)...................LoCelso (in the Dele role)................Sessegnon (in the Son role)

..........................................Parrot (in the Kane role)

That set up with virtually the personnel JM selected would at the very least give us a platform to play from. At it was, we were all over the place both tactically and positionally. I would suggest my set up would have competed much better and at least look like a team with a plan.

It was a throwaway match and hardly worth all that effort or emotion. I missed most of it out shopping for a devilishly difficult-to-find shade of blue paint (Bali blue, if you must know) to finish a 1952 Hudson Hornet diecast metal model racing car I'm building(Tim Flock's if you must know).

Yeah. That's how much this match meant to me.

Back