• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*******omt stoke v tottenham hotspur 26/04/14******

"Much better" - if you say so. Funny how these records are relevant but Tim's PL record vs AVB's isn't, how do you know AVB wouldn't have lost his next two away games? Also Tim has played away to six of the current top 10, AVB played away to three.

Just look at AVB's away record from last season :
2012/13 : won 10, drew 4, lost 5 (Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Arsenal, ManCity, Everton and Liverpool)
2013/14 : won 5, drew 1, lost 2 (Arsenal, ManCity)

We were very unlucky to lose to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, ManCity, Everton and Liverpool last season, all conceding late goals in the last 10 mins. And we were leading Arsenal until the moment of stupidity from Adebayor. This season, we outplayed Arsenal despite losing to them. It is only against ManCity, that we got humiliated. Under AVB, we looked assured and hard-to-beat in away matches. Under Sherwood, we are struggling in almost all the away matches.

Whoever thought a team, any team, after a win at Stoke would be criticized for a lack of style.

And possession? If we had it all, and lost, the same 'fans' would be biatching anyway.

Yep, we ain't gonna finish Top4. And we won't next year either. So we and 16 other teams shouldn't bother playing the season then?

The win today doesn't matter? So if we lost, nobody would say a word then?

I could never imagine how painful a win away must feel. Must be awful. Had a few pints and a curry tonight. Life is good.

Indeed, despite all the negativity we've still got as many points as what we had at this stage of AVB' record breaking season and are just 1pt behind the glorious 2009-10 campaign. A shame about the goal difference though.

jj34ep.jpg

Won't make much difference even if you only include league matches. AVB's away record is still much better.
AVB : played 8, won 5, lost 2, drew 1.
Sherwood : Played 10, won 5, lost 3, drew 2.

By the way, Zenit St Petersburg has won all 7 matches since AVB took over, 6 in the league. His 6 wins in 6 matches in the league is a Russian record for a new manager. And Zenit are leading the Russian league now.

How is that much better btw? both are good..AVB's is better...much better? in what world.

and who gives a **** about the Russian league where he comes up against opponents like Jupiter and Saturn ffs. Wow he proves again that he can do well in a two bob league managing the team with the far superior players...impressive.

Thought we were good in the first half, although the problem of creating clear cut goalscoring opportunities remains.

After the sending off we were shocking, looked like we were the team down to 10 men. I try to not give Sherwood a harder time than he deserves, but the decision not to put on Sandro or Bentaleb instead of Sigurdsson seems very strange to me.

Indeed, despite all the negativity we've still got as many points as what we had at this stage of AVB' record breaking season and are just 1pt behind the glorious 2009-10 campaign. A shame about the goal difference though.

jj34ep.jpg

I wonder what the expenditure (wages) line would look like overlayed on that??:-k

I would possibly think it may be a fairly positive correlation with the position no matter who the manager was.

I wonder what the expenditure (wages) line would look like overlayed on that??:-k

I would possibly think it may be a fairly positive correlation with the position no matter who the manager was.

Using the Sporting Intelligence and Swiss Ramble blogs' figures, Spurs underachieved from 2000-05 with regard to the amount spent on wages but we have been punching slightly above our financial weight since then...

iwj0hw.jpg

Last edited:
Thought we were good in the first half, although the problem of creating clear cut goalscoring opportunities remains.

After the sending off we were shocking, looked like we were the team down to 10 men. I try to not give Sherwood a harder time than he deserves, but the decision not to put on Sandro or Bentaleb instead of Sigurdsson seems very strange to me.

Totally agree with that. Sigurdsson was the wrong sub in the context of the loose possession we were having at the time. I can see the argument for Sandro but for me Bentaleb was the correct sub. We needed to retain possession first and foremost, and make Stoke chase the ball neither of which happened with Siggy's introduction.

Just so pleased that we beat stoke and in a way that would have wound up their niggly little club. Villain of the day Rose gets the winner. Definite double yellow for Shawcross, love the way their fans cheer the "retaliation " on Rose but get all twisty knickers about his arms to chest a few seconds later. Proper tough boys eh?

Great reffing from Mariner all round. Guess those trolls can't have that crook Foy fixing every game for them.

More of the same against the thugs from the Olympic stadium on Saturday I say

Just so pleased that we beat stoke and in a way that would have wound up their niggly little club. Villain of the day Rose gets the winner. Definite double yellow for Shawcross, love the way their fans cheer the "retaliation " on Rose but get all twisty knickers about his arms to chest a few seconds later. Proper tough boys eh?

Great reffing from Mariner all round. Guess those trolls can't have that crook Foy fixing every game for them.

great perspective shift there. poetic justice in the end.

It appears we did that alright. They have complained to the FA about the ref's performance.

Using the Sporting Intelligence and Swiss Ramble blogs' figures, Spurs underachieved from 2000-05 with regard to the amount spent on wages but we have been punching slightly above our financial weight since then...

iwj0hw.jpg

Very nice. Any chance you can map our managers onto this diagram somehow?

Back