• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT***SpursVSKrebsverursachtstimulans(RB)Leipzig***OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The football is dogbrick though and we don't look cohesive going forward. When you compare it to what Klopp and Pep are producing, it is a hard watch. Throw Jose's reputation and spikiness on top of it and the narrative starts to build.

For me though, it's just too early to judge him. He's inherited a declining and crumbling squad who were underachieving. He's had a bundle of injuries to his best players and he's got some players who don't suit how he wants to play. To have us where we are at this stage means he's doing a very solid job. But it's too early to judge him either way.
Not sure about dogbrick...

We lost Kane, took some time to find our way of playing without him. Definite signs of getting the attack going last couple of weeks, then Son gets injured. Several players way short on fitness, injuries to deal with including Lloris, Davies and Sissoko. Add to that some players looking past their prime, others unhappy with the current situation - particularly when Mourinho took over.

Always tough to come in mid season. Always tough to turn around a long lasting slump. Add those other factors mentioned above, he's done very well. And it's been entertaining. Inconsistent, but if this has been dogbrick, how would you describe what happened before he took over?

Not sure about dogbrick...

We lost Kane, took some time to find our way of playing without him. Definite signs of getting the attack going last couple of weeks, then Son gets injured. Several players way short on fitness, injuries to deal with including Lloris, Davies and Sissoko. Add to that some players looking past their prime, others unhappy with the current situation - particularly when Mourinho took over.

Always tough to come in mid season. Always tough to turn around a long lasting slump. Add those other factors mentioned above, he's done very well. And it's been entertaining. Inconsistent, but if this has been dogbrick, how would you describe what happened before he took over?

Towards the end of Poch's reign it was dogbrick too. The second half v Bayern and away to Brighton were particular low points. I'm not having a go at Jose but you can't claim that the football is enjoyable to watch right now. Again, not having a go at Jose because he's having to react to a difficult situation and is just trying to dig out results but it's not pretty.

I actually make it 4 new players. Poch never got the full availability of GLC or Ndom so they count also as far as I’m concerned.

For me this squad just doesn’t look like a Jose squad. Lack of leaders. Lack of power. Lack of big players.

Totally agree. We need some beasts in there. We look so vulnerable from set pieces. It is like men against boys sometimes.

I genuinely do not see Mourinho losing this game. It is a second chance to overtake them. I don't believe he will allow us to blow it again.

I was hugely expectant of that for the first Chelski game. We had hit a bit of form and they were on a wobble. I was really disappointed in that game. I think we still unfortunately show the same mental weaknesses we have had for a number of years. As soon as a result can massively influence the league table, we always seem to come up short.

It's essentially a 0 - 0 draw, and would have been an solid performance bar the horror show from Davies albeit giving away a few chances. Tie very much alive but fingers crossed we are more comfortable with a new style of playing in 3 weeks time. The non productive thing to point out is that with our full strength team out there it would likely have been a couple of goal lead but signs were there for phases of our play and RBL weren't able to run riot at free will. Annoyingly it's a little reminiscent of the Liverpool EPL game where it is those key moments that count.

Surprised that Fernandes was taken off alongside Dele, looked really bright in patches which was nice to see. Also honorable mentions to sanchez, who was a beast throughout apart from one floated ball that caused an issue and Lloris coming in looks more able than Gazza. A shame he couldn't make it 4 out of 4 on pens but it's a lot to ask, least he went the right way; I felt in his early days that was a rarity but he's come in to his own with saving them of late.

Whilst I graciously accept my recently acquired super water-tight corporate backing with the Red Bull ministry of finance inc. lizard people overlords *(specific questions to @Bedfordspurs who will act as accounting and finance CEO upon any impending UEFA investigations), I would hope upon securing qualification to the next round that the OhEMTee Gods would see fit to acknowledge this offering and return me to my Dayo inspired attire..

Just watching highlights of last years Quarter and Semi. Llorente with the winner in the quarter and played a big part in the semi.

Not a massive signing and probably not top class for us but he proved that back up of any sort can be valuable. That’s what we don’t have at the moment.

Just watching highlights of last years Quarter and Semi. Llorente with the winner in the quarter and played a big part in the semi.

Not a massive signing and probably not top class for us but he proved that back up of any sort can be valuable. That’s what we don’t have at the moment.

There were also plenty of games last season where he was well off the pace and a bit of a passenger.

The free kick the keeper touched onto the post?

No one has said that he is the second coming of Gazza or Modric. However, he's just broken into a stuttering team and he is looking very good on the ball. Can keep it and use it very effectively. Also has a bit of steel in him where he's not afraid to put himself about. Last night was difficult for him because I really think he can pick a pass and as he was moving towards their box, he had little or no movement in front of him. I can't wait to see what he can do with say Kane back in the team or when we look more cohesive going forward.

If I'm not wrong, youre the poster who slated him when he was struggling early on. Sounds to me like you're just sticking to that opinion out of stubbornness.
If you watched last night's game and couldn't see that Lo Celso is a good player then I'd worry about your judgement. He was one if very few players that would've got in their team.

Poor player but an affective one

I'm guessing you've left a job before? During your finals weeks were performing as well as you previously did? If that's GLC's level then I maintain my opinion that we need better.
Out of those 11 players last night I think I could pick 9 or 10 who I would've replaced in that team ahead of Lo Celso.

I thought they were excellent.
I thought we made them look better
Their creativity was quite basic and all about going wide and hitting crosses
They didn’t create anything through the middle yet that looks like the area they were dominant in
We changed up midfield and they barely got a kick

No point giving Jose 18months as he is usually gone at some point during the 3rd season. He gets this season and the start of next, after which point he has to show signs of having developed a winning team. He’s a great manager but a short term one.
No point giving him 18 months when he is usually gone sometime between 24 and 36 months.... I don't get that?

So the most successful manager we've ever had gets given less time than the nobodies we made somebodies out of?

Seems a little backward.

Or rather an assessment of how his career has gone to date. Look I like the guy, I just don’t think he is a long term manager. How successful he is going to be will depend on whether or not he gets the players he wants/needs.

We've already developed compared to the Pochettino slump at least. Despite several key injuries, losing Eriksen and having a squad that's not yet set up the way he wants.

He's changed the mood, the players are fighting again.

Realistically we couldn't have asked for more at this point.
I don’t disagree. But that wasn’t my point.

Back