• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Watford

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Docoure was like Dier, screening the defense, sometimes like a 3rd CB. But what is different is he breaks forward so effectively. Easy to say now, but signing him over the summer would have given us a PL ready player who would have upgraded our midfield. Not Dembele, but an effective player. I haven't seen him in enough games but he was their key player on saturday :(

i didn’t see him see him screening anything. Didn’t think they needed too TBH as we just went sideways constantly

but he is a bloody good and massively under rated player

Everything.

As much as I don't rate Sissoko this goal wasn't down to him or Aurier it was all Vertoghen. Dacoure was a mile offside if Vertoghen had just looked down the line, he was the sole player playing him onside. You even see in the screenshot how far behind the rest of the backline he is and how far in front Dacoure is ahead of the rest of the backline.

Very very poor from Jan.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

how can a player run from deep like he did and not get picked up by anyone.... he ran from his own half and got ahead of Toby

how can a player run from deep like he did and not get picked up by anyone.... he ran from his own half and got ahead of Toby
Because we are awful defensively at the moment but tracking a player doesn't guarantee that you stop him getting the pass. Vert just looking down the line and seeing that he was far ahead of the rest of the line and playing the sole attacker onside is much easier to address. It just shows he had no awareness of his surroundings and as a team we are scrambling around reacting to situations rather than the smooth automated defensive responses we had become used to.

Because we are awful defensively at the moment but tracking a player doesn't guarantee that you stop him getting the pass. Vert just looking down the line and seeing that he was far ahead of the rest of the line and playing the sole attacker onside is much easier to address. It just shows he had no awareness of his surroundings and as a team we are scrambling around reacting to situations rather than the smooth automated defensive responses we had become used to.

maybe Verts didn’t realise their midfielder was running behind him and Toby

but behind him
I can see we won't agree here but for me given that the rest of the defense is in line and Jan alone is far ahead and playing Doucoure onside then I feel the bonus is on him to know his surroundings and where the line is, he is the one out of place.

Problem is, and im probably not alone, i never expected him to be anything else but this.

He has always been this, at all his clubs.

I agree. I'd given up on him by this summer. I think Poch had too, and was ready to sell. But...weren't we playing with a back 3? If so doesn't he have license to get forward? Still think he is a defensive liability, but he has looked more stable over the past few games. Some signs of improvement for me.

I agree. I'd given up on him by this summer. I think Poch had too, and was ready to sell. But...weren't we playing with a back 3? If so doesn't he have license to get forward? Still think he is a defensive liability, but he has looked more stable over the past few games. Some signs of improvement for me.
Thought his crossing in the second half was very good.

BUT he's not the answer to anything a decent team require.

Aurier could’ve done a tad better at tracking back Dacoure, instead of allowing the Watford midfielder to blindside Alderweireld for a tap-in...

View attachment 7448 View attachment 7449
The huge worry when looking at those two pictures is the position that two of our defenders end up in.

As the initial ball is delivered you can see that Jan is correctly playing (I think it's) Deulofeu offside.

Danny Rose's position looks OK in this still but he was shocking in getting across to either make a header or stop the player, doing neither.

However if you look at Sanchez and Alderweireld in that first freeze frame there is no reason at all for them to end up whether they are in the second freeze frame. It is either a complete lack of ability to read a game (Sanchez?) or a total lack of effort (Alderweireld?). Especially when you see how Vertonghen was still able to get back to a reasonable covering position despite going the opposite way to the ball initially when playing offside.

Had Sanchez and/or Alderweireld got themselves back at the same pace as Vertonghen (surely both players are physically capable of moving at the same speed as Vertonghen?) then that goal doesn't get scored despite Rose's poor defending and Sissoko not bothering to try to track Dacoure's run.

Last edited:
As much as I don't rate Sissoko this goal wasn't down to him or Aurier it was all Vertoghen. Dacoure was a mile offside if Vertoghen had just looked down the line, he was the sole player playing him onside. You even see in the screenshot how far behind the rest of the backline he is and how far in front Dacoure is ahead of the rest of the backline.

Very very poor from Jan.

Disagree completely. Was Dacoure ahead of Watford's right back who delivered the cross? If he was he had no reason to be. I think Vertonghen's position is fine at the point when the cross is delivered. Had Vertonghen lazily got himself back like his two fellow central defenders then the ball into either Deulofeu or Dacoure is an even easier one. The problem for me (after Rose's poor defending) is that Sanchez and Alderweireld showed no desire at all to get themselves back to defend the centre of the box. I really don't see how Alderweireld is getting picked at the moment, I think it is clear that he isn't putting everything in and as for Sanchez.... Well it looks as though we've bought ourselves a £42 million pup there.

Toby and Sanchez.... and I cannot think that they have been coached not to bother to get back to defend the centre of their box so all that leaves is that neither of them are actually trying.

Disagree completely. Was Dacoure ahead of Watford's right back who delivered the cross? If he was he had no reason to be. I think Vertonghen's position is fine at the point when the cross is delivered. Had Vertonghen lazily got himself back like his two fellow central defenders then the ball into either Deulofeu or Dacoure is an even easier one. The problem for me (after Rose's poor defending) is that Sanchez and Alderweireld showed no desire at all to get themselves back to defend the centre of the box. I really don't see how Alderweireld is getting picked at the moment, I think it is clear that he isn't putting everything in and as for Sanchez.... Well it looks as though we've bought ourselves a £42 million pup there.
To extend on my last post. Go here:

and freeze just as it hits 20 seconds. You can see that Dacoure has timed his run perfectly and is probably 1 to 2 yards behind Janmaat when he delivers the cross and definitely not offside. You also see Alderweireld never breaking into a sprint nor bothering to slide to try to get to the ball first (and still being only a foot or so from the ball at the point that Dacoure finishes). You also see Sanchez jogging a few strides towards the ball before his brain suddenly clicks into gear with him starting sprinting back. Really poor from both. One, as I said I think due to lack of commitment and the other due to lack of ability.

Also interesting at about 53 seconds when Ali puts Son in behind and he hits the bar. Surely Kane has to be making a simple straight run as Son picks that up which would give Son an easy ball in to Kane for a decent one on one chance?

Last edited:

and freeze just as it hits 20 seconds. You can see that Dacoure has timed his run perfectly and is probably 1 to 2 yards behind Janmaat when he delivers the cross and definitely not offside. You also see Alderweireld never breaking into a sprint nor bothering to slide to try to get to the ball first (and still being only a foot or so from the ball at the point that Dacoure finishes). You also see Sanchez jogging a few strides towards the ball before his brain suddenly clicks into gear with him starting sprinting back. Really poor from both. One, as I said I think due to lack of commitment and the other due to lack of ability.

Also interesting at about 53 seconds when Ali puts Son in behind and he hits the bar. Surely Kane has to be making a simple straight run as Son picks that up which would give Son an easy ball in to Kane for a decent one on one chance?
Kane was absolutely shocking the whole game! Didn't attack a single cross. Really strange, considering he was excellent in the international games. He looked totally uninspired.

Kane was absolutely shocking the whole game! Didn't attack a single cross. Really strange, considering he was excellent in the international games. He looked totally uninspired.
Since when has Kane not wanted to get into a goal scoring position though? Do you think after Son had come on he was supposed to be playing number 10 or something?

ICYMI there’s few more angles of the first goal on Watford’s YouTube highlights, which stretch to 13 minutes...

Everything.

Very very poor from Jan.

Dacoure was behind Janmaat when the cross was played, so Vertonghen couldn’t have played him offside even if he had strolled back; like Alderweireld and Sanchez.

9E4774D2-FBEB-4E6E-9007-79DDEAD38302.jpeg

Last edited:
ICYMI there’s few more angles of the first goal on Watford’s YouTube highlights, which stretch to 13 minutes...

Another excellent example of Alderweireld not trying at about 5:52 in that video.... Look at his lack of effort in tracking Perreira's run (compared to Aurier who actually bust a gut to get back and stop a certain goal).

Back