1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

OMT Spurs vs Watford

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Cochise, 17 Oct 2019.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 21 Oct 2019.
  1. Dele

65.6%
  2. Lamela

18.8%
  3. Moura

9.4%
  4. N'Dombele

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Son

6.3%
  1. lurker of old

lurker of old Luke Young

he infamous cross it in the box to anyone of their 3 CBS to head... I assume to us

Quite extraordinary that we don't have a short corner routine. Decent centre backs eat our corners for fun...

2. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Ruel Fox

I didn't watch the game (very rare for me) and have only just got round to MOTD "highlights". There wasn't much of the build up for their goal but Rose seemed to give the winger all the time and space in the world to put the cross in and followed it embarrassing dive, how he didn't get a yellow is beyond me.

As for Verts, his challenge in the box is a nailed on penalty and the VAR hesitation for awarding them is pretty laughable at this stage. Added to this there was the classic "4 on 2" situation that developed in which Janmaat totally fudged the chance up.

There wasn't really anything good from our performance by the looks of it and we're scraping to a draw against Watford when they should have justifiably gone 2 or 3 up.

It's almost starting to look like it's not a good idea to go in to the season with your aging CB pairing being unsettled alongside the creative spark in the team, all presumably walking for free at the end of this dogbrick season. Who knew?!

3. parklane1

parklane1 Chris Jones

Nothing much to say that has not been said over the last few games, picked Son as MOM because he changed the game for us in the second half and we looked a lot better because of it.

4. Sandman

Sandman Teemu Tainio

He had an impact for sure. But the main change to the flow of the game was the formation. Our real problem is that when we lose the ball we are so easily cut open. No pace with Toby and Jan at the back.

5. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Jimmy Neighbour

Aurier could’ve done a tad better at tracking back Dacoure, instead of allowing the Watford midfielder to blindside Alderweireld for a tap-in...

2ED2B680-512F-41BA-B4EB-52C91414E9F9.jpeg F0E4A16D-95CE-48B3-9CE2-971359D2DF38.jpeg

Last edited: 20 Oct 2019
    SpurMeUp and Yermiyahu like this.
  6. Raziel

Raziel John Lacy

Anybody optimistic for the next two games?

7. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Barry Daines Staff Member

It is EVERYTHING to do with Serge fudging Aurier playing like he's a winger!!!!!!!!

8. thfcsteff

Oh I think he did! Went walks again and showed no desire to get back, instead leaving it to the slow-rude boys in the middle to get out-run.

9. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Rafael Van Der Vaart

Fair play, didn't see it.

As noted in his thread, I don't think he has good defensive awareness. He's decent going forward. A liability in defense. Still, he wasn't so bad on Saturday, I felt like it was a better game from him, but maybe I wasn't attentive fully.

SteveAWOL and thfcsteff like this.
  10. Daisuk

Daisuk Pedro Mendes

It was Sissoko who didn't track him. Aurier was even further up the pitch.

SteveAWOL and the goat like this.
  11. thfcsteff

What is infuriating is that he has all the tools to be an excellent player, but appears either too stupid or cavalier to be one. Tragic. He is a massive liability at this point...

Yermiyahu and SpurMeUp like this.
  12. Mulletperm

Mulletperm Sergei Rebrov

Aurier was miles up the pitch, it was Sissoko sitting on the right side of defence.

SteveAWOL likes this.
  13. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Ian Walker

Yeah! Based on the slightly positive latter part of the 2nd half, I don't think we'll lose by more than 4-5 goals at Liverpool.

SylDave likes this.
  14. SpurMeUp

It is his awareness. Spatial awareness, seeing what's brewing and what will happen next. Poch called it his concentration. However, I am not sure he should be the spacegoat for this draw? I was so turned off, I wasn't bothered to watch it with any focus myself. But my impression was Aurier was looking more settled at least.

There is no one thing that explains our form. It is a combination of new formations, players without confidence. Sanchez has hardly played so he needs to settle in. The new stadium effect. Lack of new signings being available. All the angst with contracts at the start of the season. The hangover from the CL.

I was expecting a transitional year, so am not as hysterical as many. We need to group together, lower our expectations, and get behind the team and poch.

thfcsteff likes this.
  15. thfcsteff

Which is a major part of the problem. Furthermore, no effort from Aurier to get back.

16. thfcsteff

Right. I know that. Mate, I can tell the difference between them!

17. SpurMeUp

Docoure was like Dier, screening the defense, sometimes like a 3rd CB. But what is different is he breaks forward so effectively. Easy to say now, but signing him over the summer would have given us a PL ready player who would have upgraded our midfield. Not Dembele, but an effective player. I haven't seen him in enough games but he was their key player on saturday :(

Finney Is Back likes this.
  18. Bishop

Bishop Jamie Redknapp

Everything.

As much as I don't rate Sissoko this goal wasn't down to him or Aurier it was all Vertoghen. Dacoure was a mile offside if Vertoghen had just looked down the line, he was the sole player playing him onside. You even see in the screenshot how far behind the rest of the backline he is and how far in front Dacoure is ahead of the rest of the backline.

Very very poor from Jan.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

19. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Michael Carrick

Problem is, and im probably not alone, i never expected him to be anything else but this.

He has always been this, at all his clubs.

20. Mulletperm

Mulletperm Sergei Rebrov

Ah mate my comment was in response to another poster further up.