• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Spurs vs Liverpool***

As a team/squad/management are we capable of putting in a backs to the wall defensive performances against one of the top sides?

Yet to really see the any evidence we are, despite having the best defensive record.

10 teams in recent weeks had perfectly demonstrated how to frustrate and beat Liverpoo. Yet Poch decides that we instead should play in a way that most effectively plays into their hands. That's just fudging shocking!!!!

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner
I agree up to a point. The point being that Pool played in a vastly superior way to how they had played previously. We did play into their hands, but their performance was a different level to how it had been.

That is why I wonder if Son is being blamed unfairly for not supporting Davies. I think he may have been under instruction to occupy the space left vacant by Clyne when he ventured forward in the hope that when the Pool move breaks down Son, or Alli at times, could then exploit this. Indeed, our chance was down to Son being upfield.
This is a bit of a gamble for both teams, as it depends on making good decisions about when to go forward by Clyne and when to move by any supporting player for Davies, e.g. Dembele. I think it was Dembele's task to support Davies, but I feared before the match that he may not be able get there in time. Some of us thought playing Sissoko might shore up the right side and allow Dembele to occupy the left side, so he would not have to make his way over from CM but this would have left Wanyama outnumbered in CM.
With hindsight now, that would have been worth trying or as someone said us gifting them possession probably merited Winks being deployed.

This.
I had actually called for Sissoko before the match, inside too, as I felt we needed as much power and pace as we could get everywhere. Sonny off the bench. Davies actually ended up playing our best ball of the match. I'd also have found a place for Winks. Still, onwards. One game.

This.
I had actually called for Sissoko before the match, inside too, as I felt we needed as much power and pace as we could get everywhere. Sonny off the bench. Davies actually ended up playing our best ball of the match. I'd also have found a place for Winks. Still, onwards. One game.
Hopefully Poch and the squad will re-watch the game and learn from the mistakes. Onwards AND upwards!

Lots to learn from this game indeed. For those disappointed that we weren't able to pick up 3 points, suggest you vent at the other games where we draw against the non top six sides. These were the games we are supposed to win and pick up points.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Watch the actual thing starting around 17 minutes

Carragher and Neville both are excellent here.
That's an outstanding break down of the game and why we may not be doing what we're capable of

Absolutely. Most will poo poo it because it was an ex Liverpool player and some on this forum have an irrational hatred of Liverpool and hate them more than they love Spurs but I I can't dance with anything he's said. People won't like hearing it but I do agree there is a lack of belief that runs through the club. He's absolutely right, who has a better starting eleven than us besides Chelsea and maybe Emirates Marketing Project?

Also take Neville's point about our lack of spending compared to our rivals for the top 4.

Absolutely. Most will poo poo it because it was an ex Liverpool player and some on this forum have an irrational hatred of Liverpool and hate them more than they love Spurs but I I can't dance with anything he's said. People won't like hearing it but I do agree there is a lack of belief that runs through the club. He's absolutely right, who has a better starting eleven than us besides Chelsea and maybe Emirates Marketing Project?

Also take Neville's point about our lack of spending compared to our rivals for the top 4.

I hate Liverpool more than most trust me but he has used the video to good effect to highlight how poor we were

I never complain when we lose if we have played well or if we concede a worldie.... we didn't play well at all and gave away two shocking goals

And nevilles right to highlight our age and transfer fees as it has relevance for over achieving materialistically but in reality it's all about points on the board

Sent from my iPad using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Watch the actual thing starting around 17 minutes

Carragher and Neville both are excellent here.

"They can't be remembered over the next, maybe, eighteen months... two years as a team that didn't win anything. "

"I've seen it too often with Spurs - they fail to turn up in big games, maybe going back twenty years. Is it a belief thing? A mentality thing, ingrained in the club? And if that doesn't change, they're going to become like Leeds - oh, that fantastic Leeds, got to the semi-finals of the European Cup, so what? They didn't win anything."

"Kane, Alli, they've got some fantastic players. But at the end of their time at Tottenham - maybe ten years, maybe two years, I don't know - but at the end of this sort of run or era of Tottenham, you want to be able to say 'I've won that'. Show us your medals, what have you've got? And if they don't win big games, they're never gonna get there. I'm not questioning them for not winning the league or the Champions League, but go win an FA Cup. Go win a Europa League. They should be the best team in the Europa League, the players they've got now. That's what they have to do... but if they don't win the big games, or change these stats, they'll never win anything." - Carragher

*Win. Something.*

If the players are shrinking away at big grounds, winning something will get that out of their system and give them belief. If the team needs something to signify their potential, a trophy will provide it. And if the players want to mark their time here with medals, those cups are where they need to start.

Win a cup. Any cup, but win a cup. It's been a thunderous, constant refrain from me and many others here and elsewhere - win the trophies, because they still matter in a myriad of ways. They matter to the fans, and they evidently matter to the players, judging by what Carragher is saying.

But no, some people would prefer we surrendered the trophies at the first sign of any inconvenience to our league schedule, and throw games under the lights at White Hart Lane to the likes of Wycombe f*cking Wanderers if it meant a clearer fixture list for the run-in.

A**-backwards approach.

Fwiw...

16/17 - 15/16 - 14/15 (Total away)
Liverpool: W2 D2 L0 - W2 D2 L1 - W1 D1 L3 (W5 D5 L4)
Chelsea: W1 D1 L2 - W1 D3 L1 - W1 D3 L1 (W3 D7 L4)
ManU: W0 D1 L1 - W2 D1 L2 - W2 D1 L2 (W4 D3 L5)
Emirates Marketing Project: W1 D0 L2 - W1 D1 L3 - W1 D2 L2 (W3 D3 L7)
Arsenal: W0 D1 L3 - W0 D3 L2 - W1 D2 L2 (W1 D6 L7)
Spurs: W0 D2 L3 - W1 D3 L1 - W0 D1 L4 (W1 D6 L8)

16/17 - 15/16 - 14/15 (Total home)
ManU: W1 D2 L1 - W3 D2 L0 - W3 D2 L0 (W7 D6 L1)
Chelsea: W3 D0 L1 - W1 D2 L2 - W3 D2 L0 (W7 D4 L3)
Spurs: W2 D1 L0 - W2 D3 L0 - W2 D1 L2 (W6 D5 L2)
Liverpool:
W2 D2 L0 - W1 D3 L1 - W2 D1 L2 (W5 D6 L3)
Emirates Marketing Project
:
W1 D1 L1 - W1 D1 L3 - W3 D1 L1 (W5 D3 L5)
Arsenal:
W1 D1 L1 - W2 D2 L1 - W1 D3 L1 (W4 D6 L3)

Hmm. Bottom of that lot away, middle of the road at home. I think I see where our failure to pull away from the pack is coming from.

The game should have finished at least 6 or 7-2. The scoreline in no way whatsoever reflected how the game went.

What's Poch record against the top 6 away from home now?
yeah, i have to concede the point, and we have an atrocious record against the bin dippers to boot. Dang.

What fantastic Leeds side are they talking about, when they got the European cup semis in the 70s they were champions so they did win something. Or the team in the 90s that won the league?
I've not watched it yet so if that's carragher then is that not one more league medal than you have Jamie?

What fantastic Leeds side are they talking about, when they got the European cup semis in the 70s they were champions so they did win something. Or the team in the 90s that won the league?
I've not watched it yet so if that's carragher then is that not one more league medal than you have Jamie?

The team that got to the CL semi final and then sank like a stone after financial troubles.

The Leeds comparison is not really helpful. The scenarios are not comparable for many reasons. However the thrust of his point is right. Win something and it will make you a better team. It will instill a sense of belief in the players and everyone else at the club.

Back