• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Spurs v West Ham***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nothing naive about it

Eriksen has been allowed to brick all over the squad, club and fans. It should not be allowed without consequence, a very dangerous precedent to set.

And I say that as someone with no issue with him exercising his right to run out his deal
Maybe he just didn't believe or go along with Poch's project/path anymore.
Then Mou comes in with another plan, and he's all in with that. We then have the good Eriksen back. I see nothing wrong with that. Either he's in or he's not. It will be up to Mou to decide if he's gonna play Eriksen. I'm sure they'll have a chat, and Mou will decide after that.
I would have said to Eriksen that if he's committed, I want 150%. If I see anything less, you're off after 15 minutes.

Maybe he just didn't believe or go along with Poch's project/path anymore.
Then Mou comes in with another plan, and he's all in with that. We then have the good Eriksen back. I see nothing wrong with that. Either he's in or he's not. It will be up to Mou to decide if he's gonna play Eriksen. I'm sure they'll have a chat, and Mou will decide after that.
I would have said to Eriksen that if he's committed, I want 150%. If I see anything less, you're off after 15 minutes.

He lost the option to have a choice when he started putting in such awful performance and effort.

I don't care of he's on board with the manager or not, or wants to leave or not.

He let everyone down when he stopped turning up.

Now, for me, the right thing is that there is a consequence to that. He doesnt get the option to decide to turn it on again. Now he just goes.

Nothing naive about it

Eriksen has been allowed to brick all over the squad, club and fans. It should not be allowed without consequence, a very dangerous precedent to set.

And I say that as someone with no issue with him exercising his right to run out his deal

Nothing naive about your thoughts of Eriksen, its the idea that principles could ever enter the equation.

We get a brickload of money. If he's willing to sign an extension and the manager wants him, you offer an extension.
Absolutely, if he signs an extension. Would question going back to starting him if it's more just a hope that he'll sign on. If he leaves and performs until he leaves that's fine, but for me he has to earn a place in the team at this point. Though how Mourinho sees it is difficult to guess and will provably depend on what happens in training and what him and other players say behind closed doors.

Nothing naive about your thoughts of Eriksen, its the idea that principles could ever enter the equation.

Call it principles, or call it actions and consequence, or simply enforcing standards...

....whatever you call it I think it's an essential thing to keeping the squad in line, and respectful of their place at the club, and of their colleagues and fans

We get a brickload of money. If he's willing to sign an extension and the manager wants him, you offer an extension.

We may get a brickload of money, but what if it takes the usual Levy protracted negotiating we miss the window and are stuck with him in this form again?
Also, his heart has been set on a move, he has always said so, so if he settles for us is he going to give his all?
Not worth the risk imv.

fudge, no idea who José will put out, but I'm really looking forward to see the changes he makes.

Had a look at his United teams, and it seems like he tended to do a 4-3-3 with a pretty dedicated AM to connect midfield and attack. I wonder who he'll pick there, and I'm wondering if it'll be Gio. He also seems to like one attacking full-back and one more defensive one, which is why I think he might do Aurier (who, dear GHod, I hope he can get going) and Davies.

Also, if you look back at that United team, there aren't a ton of players I'd be excited if Tottenham signed (obviously, that's also his fault) but those XIs were kinda garbage.

Here's my totally random guess.

That feels like a really good team.

--------------Gazza----------------
Aurier--TBA---Sanchez---Davies
--GLC--Sissoko---Ndombele
Son--------Kane--------Dele

fudge, no idea who José will put out, but I'm really looking forward to see the changes he makes.

Had a look at his United teams, and it seems like he tended to do a 4-3-3 with a pretty dedicated AM to connect midfield and attack. I wonder who he'll pick there, and I'm wondering if it'll be Gio. He also seems to like one attacking full-back and one more defensive one, which is why I think he might do Aurier (who, dear GHod, I hope he can get going) and Davies.

Also, if you look back at that United team, there aren't a ton of players I'd be excited if Tottenham signed (obviously, that's also his fault) but those XIs were kinda garbage.

Here's my totally random guess.

That feels like a really good team.

--------------Gazza----------------
Aurier--TBA---Sanchez---Davies
--GLC--Sissoko---Ndombele
Son--------Kane--------Dele
When will the right CB be announced?

Back