• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Swansea City***

awesome dawson

Mitchell Thomas
Premier League
Wednesday, 5 April, 7:45 pm
Liberty Stadium

----------------Lloris---------------
----------Dier Toby Verts----------
Trippier Dembele Wanyama Davies
------------Eriksen--Alli------------
--------------Janssen -------------

Predicted score 3-1 Spurs.

Toby, Alli and Janssen. Gylfi with their goal.

Dele-Alli3.jpg

B_SavMkW4AAxy-_.jpg

Not sure if Slick Vic will be back for this so would go with 4231

Loris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Dier Dembele
Son Alli Eriksen
Janssen

Not sure if Slick Vic will be back for this so would go with 4231

Loris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Dier Dembele
Son Alli Eriksen
Janssen

Sort of picks itself on pecking order, although I suspect that Poch will have Sissoko start and save Son for impact. Mind you, the bench will be interesting - I wondered why Poch was out early for 2nd half at Turf Moor, maybe working out options

Vorm
Trippier, Wimmer - or CCV ?
Sissoko, Onomah - might Edwards get a look-in ?
Harrison ?

This is what our season looks like thanks to @awesome dawson

_47654521_buemi.jpg

BBC ahead of Poch conference:-

Harry Kane, Danny Rose, Erik Lamela and Harry Winks will all miss Wednesday's trip to Swansea through injury, but Victor Wanyama is being assessed and could feature
I didn't have Wanyama in my set-up. Maybe he'll do last 30 for Dembele

A part of me would like to keep Dembele "in reserve" for this one. He often struggles with frequent games, did play quite a bit against Burnley and we have the game against Watford coming up at the weekend. Having Dembele come on to change the game if we're struggling to score seems better to me than potentially having to take him off at a time when we need a goal and only players like Sissoko and Dier/Wanyama being available on the bench. Also being completely without him against Watford could be a real problem.

I have been rather clear in the past about my views on the Dier-Wanyama partnership whose limitations are difficult for me to accept. But I think this could be a decent game for that partnership. 4-2-3-1, get Son and Janssen on there with Eriksen and Alli.

I think we have to pick the strongest possible team for this game. We have to win it and keep the pressure up. So if Wanyama and Dembele are fit, they should start imo. A big push from the players to get through Swansea and then Watford, then they have a full week to recover for the next league game.

Even though I do like Son off the bench, I'd start him against Swansea. He is just much better than Janssen right now and if chances come our way, I want them falling to Son rather than VJ. Ideally we will have a ferocious first half and be 3-0 up at ht, able to coast the rest of the game and leave plenty in the tank for Watford.

------------------lloris
----------dier----toby---vert
-walker---wanyama--dembele--davies
-------------eriksen----dele
------------------son

------------------Lloris
---------Verts---Alder---Wimmer
-Walker---Wanyama--Dier--Davies
-------------Eriksen----Alli
------------------Son

Subs: Vorm, 2CV, Trippier, GKN, Onomah, Sissoko, Janssen

Dembele hasn't managed 2 games a week all season IIRC, so I'd keep him for Saturday

Son just over Janssen for me, but I'd also be fine repeating the Burnley plan

Slightly different. Play Eriksen deeper in the midfield and let's attack them.

--------------------Lloris
---------Dier-------Alder----Vertoghen
Walker--Wanyama--Eriksen--Davies
--------------------Alli
-----------Janssen-----Son

Sort of picks itself on pecking order, although I suspect that Poch will have Sissoko start and save Son for impact. Mind you, the bench will be interesting - I wondered why Poch was out early for 2nd half at Turf Moor, maybe working out options

Vorm
Trippier, Wimmer - or CCV ?
Sissoko, Onomah - might Edwards get a look-in ?
Harrison ?

Harrison is on loan(at Yeovil) and Onomah got injured on international duty, not sure how long he's out for. I hope Edwards will be in the squad but if I had to guess then Poch will probably put both CCV and Wimmer on the bench.

I'm OK with starting Janssen. A lot of PL games have become attritional battles more than skill contests. He puts in a decent shift and creates work for defenders. When Son subs in, his pace is even more effective against a tiring backline. I think that's a more effective approach than the reverse.

Not sure about the rest of the post, but I heartily applaud the picture of the swan subservient to the badger.

Slightly different. Play Eriksen deeper in the midfield and let's attack them.

--------------------Lloris
---------Dier-------Alder----Vertoghen
Walker--Wanyama--Eriksen--Davies
--------------------Alli
-----------Janssen-----Son

I know Swansea aren't great and also try to play football (rather than rugby), but hasn't Eriksen generally been overrun when we've tried him in CM before?

I know Swansea aren't great and also try to play football (rather than rugby), but hasn't Eriksen generally been overrun when we've tried him in CM before?

Isn't that how we lined up in the 2nd half v Burnley with eriksen deeeper alongside Dembele?

Back