• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Palace

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought we controlled the game in the first half (although I missed the first 15). We also only gave up one great chance so it’s not like they had a load of opportunities.

We were missing Jan, Sanchez, Rose & Dembele. Dier, Winks and Eriksen weren’t fully fit. Trippier and Lamela went off. We’ve had half a dozen games in 3 weeks. Any win away in those circumstances is great.

Plus Poch had his ability to change things tactically or break the game up with substitutions taken away with Trippier and Lamela going off.

And the horrific conditions worked in palaces favour and acted as a leveller for a niggling team like them.

Also the ref become a proper dingdong in the last 15 mins and for most of the game everything seemed to bounce their way, culminating in that glorious chance for them at the end.

We played well but faded significantly towards the end, which given the varying factors we have both described, is hardly surprising.

I am still amazed really we are picking up all these results. So many away games, so many injured players, so many games in a short period of time. Im almost tired from the fact its game after game. The Match was pretty turgid stuff. They did not want to come out even at 1 down unless it was a corner or set piece. We created maybe 1-2 chances. In this Game I was annoyed that Kane did not do more at holding the ball up. Its not all about beating a man to get a shot off. The passing was just to slow around the box to break down there 2 lines of 4. This is the kind of game when you want more crosses into the box.

Lloris almost had a mare moment but then made up for it later in the game. Toby looks a level down from his old play. I cannot tell what the hell is wrong with Wanyama. He looks more like a cub than a beast. Foyth had a good game. One lunge that took the man down outside the box but other than that he looks great in possession and strong in defense. He is going to get better and better.

It just feels like all the players are 10% off their game or more. still. 8 out of 12 games away and we are getting results. I still think back to the Watford game we some how lost. We could be top with that win even though we have lost to Liverpool and City.

The 10% thing is something I’ve said before

Normally we have the team operating at 8/10 level with a few above and a few below

This year we have had the team at 6/10 but a few players at 10/10 level (moura and lamela bring them) and it’s got us over the line

The world cup knock on hasn’t been huge and bigger than anyone could have imagined yet we get no slack for it as it’s our own fault for being bloody good

I still see us getting better and teams that have excelled with players not at the WC like pool dropping slightly (they will still get top 4 and probably ahead of us in the league but will not get near CIty IMO).

It is great to continue our winning run. But it was another tight and tense 1-0 win over Palace. Amazingly, this is the 5th consecutive 1-0 win over Palace, won by late second half goals and scored by 5 different players. Remember, Wanyama (82nd min), Eriksen (78th min), Son (64th min) and Kane (88th min) have all scored late winners against Palace previously and now Foyth (66th min) joins the list. Wish we had won this match more comfortably as it was too tense to enjoy in the second half. In fact, we were so fortunate to win as Palace had a few chances to score which they wasted.

Credit to Foyth for scoring our only goal. Too bad we had to rely on our defender to get the goal as all our attacking players were poor and didn't look like scoring. Kane had a shot saved in the first half but was poor apart from that until his header from Lamela's corner was saved before scored by Foyth. Lamela too had a poor game but it was his perfect curling corner to Kane which resulted in us scoring the goal. Lamela was too slow to react when he was set up by Alli as well. But it was a goal-saving tackle by Lamela from which he got the head injury late in the match. I think if not for the timely tackle by Lamela, the Palace player could have scored the long range goal as Lloris rarely saves long range shots. Alli was largely missing the whole match but he did set up the chance for Lamela with a perfect run and pass. Similiarly Son was poor when he came on but did waste a good chance to score. It seems like all our attacking players didn't enjoy playing in the heavy rain.

Our midfield had a mixed match. Thought Sissoko was our best player as he worked hard to help our attack and defence. He even had a chance to score after a brilliant dribbling run but his shot was saved in the first half. He also set up Son late in the match but Son wasted that chance. In contrast, Wanyama had a poor game and his mistake even almost let Palace score as well.

Well done to our defence for keeping this clean sheet. Ofcourse, our defence contributed more than defending as Foyth scored our only goal. But it was good to see us keeping our first clean sheet in 6 matches. Lloris, Alderweireld and Foyth did their part to stop Palace. Credit to Lloris for pulling off a few good saves. Fortunately for us, Palace too wasted a few good goal scoring chances as well. Special mention to Foyth as he played well in defence despite conceding 2 penalties against Wolves last week.

Good to see us beating Palace to stay in the top 4 race. Just wish we had a more comfortable win. Also, our away record continue to be much better than our home record this season, as we have won 7 out of 8 away matches in the league. The disappointing defeat to Watford is our only black mark in our away record this season. Let's hope we will improve both our home and away performances as the season progresses.

Great post robot other than the comment about Hugo saving long range shots. He is IMO excellent at them. The ones that go in are generally exceptional strokes which they have to be as we normally don’t let teams get many shots away

Great post robot other than the comment about Hugo saving long range shots. He is IMO excellent at them. The ones that go in are generally exceptional strokes which they have to be as we normally don’t let teams get many shots away

Lloris is great at stopping short range shots from inside the penalty box. In contrast, he has let in too many long range shots from outside the penalty box. I don't remember him saving too many of those shots.

Lloris is great at stopping short range shots from inside the penalty box. In contrast, he has let in too many long range shots from outside the penalty box. I don't remember him saving too many of those shots.

Sorry but he is IMO the best keeper in the league at long range shots (possibly now being out done by the Brazilians)

You don’t remember him saving many as we don’t concede many shots from range

Normally the shots that go in from distance are worldies

Foyth MOM in my opinion. Lloris made some decent saves but you’d expect a keeper of his quality to save all of them and he flapped at crosses and his kicking almost got us in trouble on at least one occasion.

Last edited:
WHAT? What are you? A goldfish?

Hugo won us the game! In those conditions, routine saves are more difficut. The keeper was the last defence in a few instances, and ever reliable, he kept them out. My MOM anyway.

I delighted with how this season is going. No signings, Kane being knackered from playing non stop, perhaps broken forever, Captain leader lush arrested for drink driving and missing games, Toby hamstrung and still without a new contract, the imperious Jan injures, Rose finished, Tripper believing he is Beckham and no doubt awaiting an England game especially for the Tripps foundation, entire midfield injured, except for that academy kid who had never recovered from that ankle injury last season, streaky Son no longer the player he was without impending military service (shades of Bowyer when Leeds were in CL!) Alli and Eriksen, our ever present schemers injured, Grandpa Vorm as backup...who’s left from our paper thin World Cup exhausted squad that our skin flint chairman wouldn’t invest in as our delayed cheese room is sucking all the cash out of the club...one footed injury prone Lamela and the chuckle brothers Sissoko and Aurier. Our new home delayed indefinitely and only 57k or so turning up for a Monday night game against a team who have already bought the league and who’s own fans can’t be bothered to watch. With all of the above factored in, I think if we weren’t picking up scrappy one nils away from home I think I’d be suicidal! Enjoy it while you can, we’ll start playing well and draw or lose games at home later this season...

*I have made many of these observations myself and on here, some remain true, some are currently proving me wrong and some are being compensated by what I can only think is great management and a winning mentality.

We have not even hit form yet and are still putting in pretty standard performances. The one against United was good but other than that its been average with a few games looking like we were completely off the pace.

Looking forward to hitting form over the Xmas period.

We have not even hit form yet and are still putting in pretty standard performances. The one against United was good but other than that its been average with a few games looking like we were completely off the pace.

Looking forward to hitting form over the Xmas period.

Even the United game was iffy, they wasted a couple of good chances.

Back