• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v Aston Villa ***

I think that as the discussion about Dembele has gone on people have become increasingly entrenched in their positions. There a tendency then, I think, to cling to anything that you think supports that argument. It is classic confirmation bias.

Completely agree milo. You do realise that's what your doing as well, right? The same people belittling dembele's Impact against villa are the same ones who historically don't rate him in the Dembele thread, doesn't matter if he's widely regarded, by neutrals, as motm, there's always a but to every performance he puts in. Which is fine, everyone's entitled to their opinion, just like I and others think he directly impacts our possession and control of a game is entrenched as well.

I can't believe exactly the same arguments and counters are being said 48 hours later. Roll on the anderlecht game!

Last edited:
Happy with the win. But we almost throw away the win. Wish we had won this match more comfortably especially after leading 2-0 at half time. Instead, Villa made it uncomfortable for us when they hit the post and scored after that. It could have been costly for us if they had any decent striker. Disappointingly, we always seem to get complacent after taking early lead. We only seem to play well after going a goal behind this season.

Credit to Dembele, Alli and Kane for the goals. It is encouraging to see both Dembele and Kane scoring for the 2nd consecutive match, especially Dembele. He really should be scoring more goals for us. Nice to see Kane getting his 5h league goal of the season. Hopefully he will go on a goal scoring run like last season. Credit to Lamela for unselfishly passing the ball to Kane for the goal. Lamela too helped us to settle down later in the game by holding on to the ball long enough to disturb the Villa momentum after they scored.

Thought our midfield did well until Dembele was replaced by Mason. And Mason has to take the blame for their goal when he gave away the cheaply. This is the part of Mason which I don't like as he makes too many mistakes which always put our goal in danger. Still not convinced of Onomah. Thought Njie would have been usefull but maybe he was out injured.

Really disappointed about the goal we conceded. Eventhough it was due to Mason giving the ball away, our defence should have been more alert to block the shot. Also felt that Lloris maybe could have tried to reach the ball as it was going slowly into the goal. We also have to rode our luck when Villa hit the post apart from scoring a few minutes later. We have to thank the the goal posts everywhere as they have saved us many times this season.

It is great to win and move into the 5th place. We are now just 2 points behind 3rd-placed Leicester. We are also unbeaten in 10 matches now. Hopefully we keep on improving up the league table.

One goal side and great swerve form Kane but 3 onndemeble and he releases the ball for the assist

Surely him having 3 on him is him taking players away to create space/opportunities

To be fair, only one of those three were in front of the ball when he received it.

I'd have this down as a partial example of a chance being created through Dembele creating space for others by drawing players. Can anyone think of any others?

Completely agree milo. You do realise that's what your doing as well, right? The same people belittling dembele's Impact against villa are the same ones who historically don't rate him in the Dembele thread, doesn't matter if he's widely regarded, by neutrals, as motm, there's always a but to every performance he puts in. Which is fine, everyone's entitled to their opinion, just like I and others think he directly impacts our possession and control of a game is entrenched as well.

I can't believe exactly the same arguments and counters are being said 48 hours later. Roll on the anderlecht game!

Where have I (or anyone else) belittled Dembele's contribution against Villa? I think that everyone is agreed that he had a good game.

Back