• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v Aston Villa ***

Denmark Spur

Edgar Davids
90wopk.jpg

Mon 2 Nov 2015
20:00KO White Hart Lane

Evening kickoff under the lights at WHL :)

Lineup - same eleven as against Bournemouth

Lloris

Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose

Dier, Alli

Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen

Kane

3-0 Spurs; 2 x Kane and a free kick beauty from Eriksen

Referee
13ykv9l.jpg

6e2dtt.jpg

359lkdl.jpg

It would not surprise me if Poch starts with the same 11 as he did against Bournemouth, not convinced that's the best thing to do now though.

Not sure Dembele will be that effective against a Villa team that's likely to come here for a point and sit back. Would also prefer some width and pace on the wing, N'jie is probably the best option for that with Son still injured. Rose wasn't that great on Sunday and with a serious competitor in Davies that's enough to get benched. Hope Walker has recovered, otherwise Trippier must play. Mason in over Alli.

Lloris
Walker-Toby-Jan-Davies
Dier-Mason
Lamela-Eriksen-N'jie
Kane

---------------------Lloris

Walker--Alderweireld--Vertonghen--Rose

----------------Dier----Mason

Lamela----------Eriksen--------Njie

--------------------Kane

W4-0

Just gutted Timmeh isn't still there to give the spanking to. Alli rested

Let's hope MoPo can get the lads up for this.

I have many many memories of Spurs being the game selected for Sky... Looking forward to it... Then carnage.

Remember that embarrassing 4-4 draw where we snatched a point at the end? Sheesh

Great OMT, Denmark.

Assuming no injuries, same team as against Cherr1e5.

Hope there is no manager appointed or we could get the new manager bounce. If so, Dembele is doubly important.

It would not surprise me if Poch starts with the same 11 as he did against Bournemouth, not convinced that's the best thing to do now though.

Not sure Dembele will be that effective against a Villa team that's likely to come here for a point and sit back. Would also prefer some width and pace on the wing, N'jie is probably the best option for that with Son still injured. Rose wasn't that great on Sunday and with a serious competitor in Davies that's enough to get benched. Hope Walker has recovered, otherwise Trippier must play. Mason in over Alli.

Lloris
Walker-Toby-Jan-Davies
Dier-Mason
Lamela-Eriksen-N'jie
Kane

Why change a winning team? If not going well, Mason and Nige would be good options from the bench .

Forgot about Bentaleb to come back.

I would go for it and stick Dembele up front behind Kane. Njie as an impact sub again. Keep Alli and Dier in Midfield.

So basically the same team that played on Sunday!

Why change a winning team? If not going well, Mason and Nige would be good options from the bench .
Just because a team won the previous match doesn't mean everyone should automatically keep their place. Alli and Rose weren't that great on Sunday and with the competition we have in the squad that could be enough to get benched for the next match. Dembele as I said to be left out for tactical reasons due to the type of opponent we play.

Just because a team won the previous match doesn't mean everyone should automatically keep their place. Alli and Rose weren't that great on Sunday and with the competition we have in the squad that could be enough to get benched for the next match. Dembele as I said to be left out for tactical reasons due to the type of opponent we play.
Alli wasnt great on Sunday? He was absolutely fantastic!! Didn't you notice him trap a ball out of the sky on a sixpence and then play Njie through on goal in one movement? They way he was all over the Bournemouth players pressing and harrying, his contribution in the lead up to the Eriksen - Kane goal in the second half?

Blimey, tough crowd in here. I thought it was a truly outstanding performance from someone so young.

Sends out completely the wrong message to change a winning team IMO. So you would drop Dembele, Alli and Rose. How dispiriting for them. Dembele has played well recently and just scored. What a message to send out.

Sends out completely the wrong message to change a winning team IMO. So you would drop Dembele, Alli and Rose. How dispiriting for them. Dembele has played well recently and just scored. What a message to send out.

It's not about sending a message, dispiriting, lol. Dembele will be back in against Arsenal for sure. It's not about sending a message to him, it's about doing what makes sense from a tactical viewpoint. I don't think he is at his best against teams that park the bus (which I expect Villa to do, could be wrong of course, but that's what I expect to happen).

Rose has been constantly rotated with Davies anyway, I don't see what the problem is all of a sudden, they have been rotated like this for weeks.

And Mason is back from injury, have you already forgotten how good he was? Sure Alli did well enough, but Mason is a good player also. Does it not also send out the wrong message to leave Mason out, who was absolutely amazing for us before he got injured? We got a quality squad in terms of depth, so some are always going to be disappointed.

I just disagree with this notion that a winning team can't be changed at all, individually there will always be differences in performances.

Last edited:
Back