• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT. Spurs-Hove Albion**

I didnt see it (thankfully!) but I think BM - the players really tried to follow the plan, and the plan undid them completely.

And they have to live with that embarrassment of a result.

I think seeing the way they just gave in at the end, and then performed today, thats the turning point for me.
An extremely strong side passed the ball sideways for 90 minutes of eye gouging tedium, before Eriksen was presented with the opportunity in a penalty shoot out to knock us out to a 4th division team.

Which he of course gladly accepted.

Eriksen
Toby
Aurier
Verts if he doesn;t want to commit
Lloris

They all need to go aswell as Poch. I have been frustrated with Alli for a long time now but i would give him another season under a new manager before wanting him gone aswell.

Imagine. You get doctors and nurses giving it their all every day. These clams can't even do that for 90 minutes.

Eriksen
Toby
Aurier
Verts if he doesn;t want to commit
Lloris

They all need to go aswell as Poch. I have been frustrated with Alli for a long time now but i would give him another season under a new manager before wanting him gone aswell.

And Rose too. Almost time to build a completely new team. I just hope that whoever the replacement for Pochettino is, if Pochettino goes, then he’s greeted with patience as he’ll have to more or less create a new team from scratch.

Talksport (spit)

There were also a number of very worrying stats to emerge from Spurs’ defeat at the Amex Stadium which you can see below.
  • This is the first time Spurs have lost at Brighton for 36 years, the last coming in April 1983.

I hate stats like that. We've only played them about a dozen times, home and away, in that period.

(granted the others you posted are worrying)

Nothing to do with money. These guys are so rich it doesn't matter. Earning more doesn't mean you play better.

‘If anything over time the more you earn means you lose the drive and give less fudges, the same thing would probably happen to nurses or any occupation if they earned footballers wages.

I've looked into his soul during that interview.

He's gonna turn this around.

It is possible now that the diamond is in the bin but if ndombele is not going to fulfil anything like the dembele role when he plays in a 4231, then winks simply has to play every game.

With the team that started today there was no go to man for our fall backs and dier to play the ball to, who could then take it on the turn, shield the ball from their mad press, pivot and pass between the lines.

Its why we created fudge all and did nothing for most of the game.

Again I am left scratching my head at Poch’s tactics today - what was ndombele’s role meant to be?

It is possible now that the diamond is in the bin but if ndombele is not going to fulfil anything like the dembele role when he plays in a 4231, then winks simply has to play every game.

With the team that started today there was no go to man for our fall backs and dier to play the ball to, who could then take it on the turn, shield the ball from their mad press, pivot and pass between the lines.

Its why we created fudge all and did nothing for most of the game.

Again I am left scratching my head at Poch’s tactics today - what was ndombele’s role meant to be?

Was a strange one as Dier was playing deeper than Ndombele but not really showing to any great effect. It was like a 4-1-1 in stead of a 4-2.

I did think Winks was much better when he came on with someone behind him as expected. Got it and tried to drive forward, not only was he 10 yards further up the pitch as a starting point but he also could afford to gamble with possession.

I'm much more optimistic than I was after Colchester and Bayern. I firmly belief this game is the one that has brought home some hard truths to Poch about himself and his players. I think we'll start seeing less of 'Uncle Poch' and more a manager now. No favourites, people playing on merit etc.

Look at Moura today, a player that he has shat on. Came on an gave more than others when really he could be the first downing tools. If that don't make the manager reconsider the horses he's backed then nothing will.

And Rose too. Almost time to build a completely new team. I just hope that whoever the replacement for Pochettino is, if Pochettino goes, then he’s greeted with patience as he’ll have to more or less create a new team from scratch.

He went be given time which is why we need to keep Poch till he completely sullies his name. Then the new guy will be respected.

Cant believe we lost. It was a great OMT as well.

Cant remember last time Brighton scored 3 at home.

And I think youve over thought me and my opinions, adding a lot of flavour that just isnt there.

Sissoko is not good enough. I stand by that. Not to "win" or "not back down", but something far more complicated and nuanced. Listen, see if you can understand it...

...Its because I just dont think he is good enough.

And I can articulate why, if you were at all interested. Just as I will say when I think he has done well/what I think he has done well.

Similarly with the diamond. Its not that I just dont like diamonds. Im of the firm belief ANY formation can work, if applied properly and with the right players to make it work.

I do not think either of those are happening with us. We've neither the players or the training (it seems) to make the diamond work. So when we persist with it, and face predictable and repeated issues, I dont like it.

Watching the game against BM, despite your view of it, I saw players running themselves into the ground - so much so they were dead before HT - trying to compensate for all the issues the diamond presented.

Watching the game today, I saw far far less of those issues with the SHAPE, but it is also clear the players did not make anything like the same effort.

In both physical effort, and just, well, giving a brick

Maybe they were just tinkled off that we weren’t playing the diamond today :D

Back