• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Norwich City Vs Tottenham Hotspur***

I definitely think Wimmer is more clumsy in tackles than Vertonghen. But at the same time, he doesn't have Vertonghen's frustrating habit of grabbing onto the player he's marking even when it's totally unnecessary. Having said that; they are both class acts and possess far less faults than most centre backs (I'm not complaining about either of them; just suggesting there are tiny areas they can improve on). While at the same time, Alderweireld is (arguably) the best centre back in the league this season.

Like a few others here, I do think we're a little short of cover in a couple of areas, and yes - I would have liked us to land a back-up striker last month. But when I think of Spurs squads over the past 30 years, that's a very minor complaint indeed. We have a rock solid defence, a world class goalkeeper, a midfield that should be the envy of any team and a striker well on his way to becoming world class himself. And oh by the way; the youngest team in the premier league. We're not perfect. But we're closer than we've been in decades, and I can only see us improving over the next few years.

If you're feeling unhappy about our club at this moment in time, then my personal advice would be to take a wee break from football altogether. Because if you can't appreciate the good times (and these are the good times folks) then the game is just going to make you feel generally miserable.

Again; I'm not saying things are perfect, and of course there are areas we can improve in. But it's not an over-night process, and when you can remember a cold December coach journey back to London having watched Spurs lose 4-0 to a terrible Coventry side (who still finished above us in the league that year), it's hard not to get excited by what's happening right now. Just IMO.

For those who went to the game yesterday, do you think we now seem to ease off a little in the second half and attempt control the tempo in the second half whilst also looking for any counter-attacking chances?
Also how did yesterday in the second half compare to Southampton away?

I ask this because i get excited by a feeling that Poch might just be evolving our team beyond a Bielsa-style 'constant press' that seems to leave his and similar teams lacking gas in the latter parts of the season.
Are we "Bielsa-lite" and perhaps even smarter that that now?

I was actually a little bit nervous going into yesterday's game which was strange as I'd fancied us for both Everton and Palace but as soon as I heard the Norwich team and saw the condition of the pitch those nerves disappeared.

This may sound a bit bizarre but I think we were just too good in that 1st half without killing it completely and took our foot off 2nd half. Had we gone in 3-0 or more, which we deserved, that jittery 2nd half wouldn't have happened. At 2-0, it isn't quite over as a goal and Norwich are back in the game.

No amount of words would be able to properly justify how good we were 1st half while 2nd half we just couldn't seem to keep the ball for more than a couple of passes until Tom Carroll came on.

The movement and fluidity of the front 4 was excellent largely dictated by Eriksen, he does bottle any kind of 50 / 50 challenge but off the ball he worked incredibly hard and won the ball back a number of times.

Fans were excellent, it was bloody freezing and managed to get back home after midnight but it was all well worth it!

Also how did yesterday in the second half compare to Southampton away

Big difference....we really didn't deserve to be in front at Southampton and ended up hitting them twice quickly. The 2nd half was basically a non event as we just controlled the game.

As mentioned above yesterday we were so in control that it was just a bit too easy, while Southampton may have wondered how they were behind and had the stuffing knocked out of them Norwich really couldn't have been any worse and had to show something. Credit to them they put us under a bit of pressure, far more than Southampton did along with our carelessness at times.

There were times when you thought Norwich might grab one here which never thought in the 2nd half at Southampton.

PLT - some people are suggesting we took our foot of the 'press' pedal on purpose in the second half and just controlled the game in a supreme act of game management... I see it more like you. We did take our foot off the gas, whilst Norwich really went for it. In fact, perhaps we expended more effort defending Norwich's flurry of attacks, scampering around and making blocks, than when we were in 'full press' mode and dominating easily.

Big difference....we really didn't deserve to be in front at Southampton and ended up hitting them twice quickly. The 2nd half was basically a non event as we just controlled the game.

As mentioned above yesterday we were so in control that it was just a bit too easy, while Southampton may have wondered how they were behind and had the stuffing knocked out of them Norwich really couldn't have been any worse and had to show something. Credit to them they put us under a bit of pressure, far more than Southampton did along with our carelessness at times.

There were times when you thought Norwich might grab one here which never thought in the 2nd half at Southampton.

PLT - some people are suggesting we took our foot of the 'press' pedal on purpose in the second half and just controlled the game in a supreme act of game management... I see it more like you. We did take our foot off the gas, whilst Norwich really went for it. In fact, perhaps we expended more effort defending Norwich's flurry of attacks, scampering around and making blocks, than when we were in 'full press' mode and dominating easily.

Thanks both...interesting views...

This was an erection inducing win. Thought Norwich would make it difficult for us as they did against Liverpool. Instead we didn't have much problem beating them 3-0. This win will go a long way to help us in our league title race. Also, it was great to get our 5th consecutive win in all competitions. Wish we can do that more regularly.

Credit to Alli and Kane for getting our goals. Alli's goal was crucial for us as it came so early in the game and put pressure on Norwich. We looked comfortable from then on. Alli also did well to win the penalty for our 2nd goal. Kane did well to score the penalty. It was not really a convincing penalty but did just enough to beat the goalie. Kane's second goal was just icing on the cake for us. It is nice to see Kane continuing his goal run. Hope he can continue scoring for us until we win a trophy !

Thought Eriksen was our man of the match as he was involved in both our goals. It was his shot which was saved by the goalie from which Alli scored. Eriksen also assisted the goal for Kane. It was encouraging to see Eriksen finding back him form just when we need it badly. But too bad Lamela didn't get to play much. Lamela should have come on much earlier to get some playing time as he has not played much in the league recently.

Credit to our defence for keeping the clean sheet. Norwich was very poor but our defence did what they had to do. Despite this, thought Wimmer made too many mistakes which could have been costly. It looked like he was very lucky not to concede the penalty late in the first half. If Norwich had scored then, it would have put pressure on us. I think Wimmer needs more time to start a good defensive partnership with Alderweireld.

It was sweet to move above Arsenal into the 3rd place with this win. Now that we are in 3rd, we have to make sure we keep on improving to get to that all-important 1st place !

This was an erection inducing win. Thought Norwich would make it difficult for us as they did against Liverpool. Instead we didn't have much problem beating them 3-0. This win will go a long way to help us in our league title race. Also, it was great to get our 5th consecutive win in all competitions. my bum can do that more regularly.

Credit to Alli and Kane for getting our goals. Alli's goal was crucial for us as it came so early in the game and put pressure on Norwich. We looked comfortable from then on. Alli also did well to win the penalty for our 2nd goal. Kane did well to score the penalty. It was not really a convincing penalty but did just enough to beat the goalie. Kane's second goal was just icing on the cake for us. It is nice to see Kane continuing his goal run. Hope he can continue scoring for us until we win a trophy !

Thought Eriksen was our man of the match as he was involved in both our goals. It was his shot which was saved by the goalie from which Alli scored. Eriksen also assisted the goal for Kane. It was encouraging to see Eriksen finding back him form just when we need it badly. But too bad Lamela didn't get to play much. Lamela should have come on much earlier to get some playing time as he has not played much in the league recently.

Credit to our defence for keeping the clean sheet. Norwich was very poor but our defence did what they had to do. Despite this, thought Wimmer made too many mistakes which could have been costly. It looked like he was very lucky not to concede the penalty late in the first half. If Norwich had scored then, it would have put pressure on us. I think Wimmer needs more time to start a good defensive partnership with Alderweireld.

It was sweet to move above Arsenal into the 3rd place with this win. Now that we are in 3rd, we have to make sure we keep on improving to get to that all-important 1st place !

True to form, you probably came all over yourself - with far too many counts of sperm that were probably all dormant...

:p

True to form, you probably came all over yourself - with far too many counts of sperm that were probably all dormant...

:p

Never make fun of match rituals. You know you will get blamed if we don't get positive result in the next match.:D

Back