• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT....Saudi Sportswashing Machine Rovers V Tottenham Hotspur.... OMT

Just as a little side note -- I still think we should play 3 at the back. I think we control games the most when we play that way and with our current squad, it's our strongest lineup.

Absolutely. I hope poch sees it that way too and gets Toby back in as quickly as possible. He's simply too good to leave on the sidelines, and we seem to be a lot more flexible going forward playing that formation.

Not going to dismiss the theory out of hand. There was a similar conversation in the politics thread about Diane Abbott, and some agreed that while she is undoubtedly thick and overpromoted, there’s something disproportionate about the level of opprobrium she attracts.

There have been white players who have attracted rage. Rasziak, for instance. I’m struggling, though, to think of a black player who has been a fan favourite despite not being terribly good, Ginger Pele-esque.

Timmy Atouba?

How do you know Poch was glaring at Sanchez? He was glaring in the direction of our penalty box which considering we’d just conceded a goal there id expect him to be doing. You must have some special powers if you know exactly where/who he was glaring at....

It's funny that Poch's looks or body language always agree with the poster making the observation. He could have just remembered that he was having liver and onions for dinner.

Not going to dismiss the theory out of hand. There was a similar conversation in the politics thread about Diane Abbott, and some agreed that while she is undoubtedly thick and overpromoted, there’s something disproportionate about the level of opprobrium she attracts.

There have been white players who have attracted rage. Rasziak, for instance. I’m struggling, though, to think of a black player who has been a fan favourite despite not being terribly good, Ginger Pele-esque.

Atouba? Ekotto (Well, he came good eventually)? That racism has anything to do with the hate for sissoko sounds absolutely ludicrous to me, but I don't know the minds of the hoardes. I can think of a lot of white players that were hated or spacegoated in their time as well (jonnnie Jackson being a personal favorite).

Absolutely. I hope poch sees it that way too and gets Toby back in as quickly as possible. He's simply too good to leave on the sidelines, and we seem to be a lot more flexible going forward playing that formation.

3@theback correct

Toby?
I wonder and that’s all we can do.
Pochettino is not stupid and he will know well Toby’s merits. So there has ro be other reasons.
Sadly I doubt we will know until he walks out the door OR hopefully has a change of heart and signs an extension.

Don't.

Play with your kid. Mow the grass. Paint a picture of a bowl of fruit. Contemplate how time is not a constant. Have a toss.

All of these are better options.
Can I combine all 5? Day is short and that’s more time efficient

Like it. But wary of rotation. Players who are not in the side will only improve with steady regular games. How Poch managers this I don't know. Hopefully rotation is in spells. Fegie used to do this I think. Rotate players and let them play 5-10 games then rotate. Extremely hard to come into a side at match speed. Son is one of the few who seems to be able to.

It's funny that Poch's looks or body language always agree with the poster making the observation. He could have just remembered that he was having liver and onions for dinner.

Then he’d have had a big grin on his face though?

You all have a fresh start......
(We didn't manage to replace you....so I guess I'm stuck with you lot)

Part sarcasm, part true. It is a downside of the Market we are in.
But the likes of Toby, Rose, Llorente are all good players. Hopefully they have enough professionalism to try and win something.
I think Toby does.
Rose will if he has a few good games - I think he needs to feel valued and having lots of time to think and those personal issues can effect that.

Yep. He'd waited the entire game to delivery his premeditated, vitriolic diatribe. I could quote the whole thing if you'd prefer?

My theory is that racism can never be completely vanquished for the sole reason that some people will always say 'your only saying that cause he's black,Asian, Chinese Russian or whatever'

From the progression of my life people's colour or creed don't register to me I just simply judge them by their actions, choices, or in this case how good they are at their proffesion.

The only reason sometimes their is a racist elephant in the room is because some people can't bear to let it go.

I adored disco Benny btw and would give a lot to have a pint with the lad and shake his hand.

I read bullets post as very tongue in cheek and found it very amusing. At no point did I think...'he's a racist clam.

???

Back