• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Dycheball***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Annoying loss, but i guess we've got a great chance to show over the next 7/8 days that it was just a one-off.

The most damning thing for me was that it was the sort of defeat from tactics that we'd stopped losing to largely until this season: we normally swatted aside the Pulisball teams in teams in the last 2/3 years or at least didn't lose to them.

Oh well; let's hope it was a one-off because you can bet most teams will look at what Burnley did and try and replicate it as we looked physically soft all over the pitch. Here's hoping Dier and Sanchez are both back for Chelski to give us a bit more physicality (i assume Dele is still out - he's a big miss for both games)

All we had to do was win every game to finish about City.

And we failed at step one against a pub team.

It’s fudging infuriating.
You mean it was as simple as going on an unprecedented 16-game (including City and Lollerpool away) winning streak from matchday 23 onward in the world's most competitive league? Well in that case we've given a new meaning to the definition of bottlers!

Seriously, we need to put things in perspective a little bit...

You mean it was as simple as going on an unprecedented 16-game (including City and Lollerpool away) winning streak from matchday 23 onward in the world's most competitive league? Well in that case we've given a new meaning to the definition of bottlers!

Don’t you dare try to deflect from the fact that our bottlejob on Saturday was as a direct result of your OMT. When Jordan Henderson is hoisting the PL trophy above his head in May, just remember that it was all your fault.

I've not checked myself, but the image you posted seems to only be for League games. Might cup matches swing it?
Though a brief moment's thought makes me realise it's unlikely he's reffeed 4 cup losses for us in two seasons.
According to https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mike-dean/profil/schiedsrichter/379

Dean has been referee for 3 cup games since Pochettino took charge; of which we’ve won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1.

2749788C-0502-4457-9EF9-FEF946551EE2.jpeg

To be a pedant, Emirates Marketing Project did go on an 18 match winning streak last season...

Guess we’ll have to settle for 11 to round off this campaign then win our first 4 next season, to beat the Goons record of 14 that they set back when Wenger was Fergie’s main foe.

Last edited:
The latest murmurings on Twitter suggesting Dean said: ‘You bottled it again’. Pinch of salt etc, but it would explain Poch’s reaction.

It would have had to have been something like that to get Poch and Jesus so riled up - and for Poch to ask him to repeat it for the camera.

I wonder if we will ever know.

Feeling bitter and annoyed with this defeat. Typical Spurs, always lets you down when you put too much hope on them ! We had a chance to move within 2 points of the top of the league. But in a typical Spurs fashion we threw it away yet again. Never thought we could lose to Burnley even if they were unbeaten in 7 matches before this. This is the first time in 8 league matches that we have lost to Burnley. This is why long breaks are not good for Spurs. It seems like all the players had been enjoying the 10-day break too much after beating Dortmund in the CL. Except for the returning Kane, all the players had a poor match.

Great to see Kane returning from injury and scoring our only goal. Really thought we would go on to win the match after Kane scored but annoyingly we didn't look like scoring apart from that. Kane was our only player who had a good match as all others were poor. Eriksen and Son didn't even turn up for most of the match. Not sure why Eriksen is still taking our freekicks as he wasted yet another freekick. i think Lamela or Moura should have come on much earlier in the second half as they didn't have much time to make an impact after coming late in the match. It was a big mistake by Pochettino to bring on Llorente early in the second half as he didn't have much impact. With us lacking in creativity whole match, Lamela should have come on earlier instead of Llorente.

Our midfield of Sissoko and WInks had a poor match. This is easily one of Sissoko's worst match for us. Nothing went right for Sissoko. After his recent good performances for us, it is disappointing how bad Sissoko was in this match. Similiarly, Winks was poor whole match. Maybe we should have started Wanyama. This is where we badly miss the quality oi Wanyama and Dembele in midfield.

Our defence conceded 2 poor goals. Not sure why Pochettino started the error-prone Foyth as he was at fault for their first goal. Foyth missed the header from the corner which allowed them to score their first goal. Alderweireld too should have been more alert. Lloris too were too slow to react for the goal as well. Burnley should not have been given the corner in the first place but our defence should have been more alert to clear it. Our entire defence went missing for their second goal.

We have now lost to to shyte teams like Watford, Wolves and Burnley this season. With tough away matches against Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea coming, it is almost impossible to win the league title now. Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project might still drop points along the way but not sure we have the mentality or the quality to take advantage of that. This is also the third time this season that we have lost a league match despite Kane scoring as we have also lost to Arsenal and Wolves earlier this season. Remember before this season, we had only lost 3 league matches when Kane had scored. It seems like even Kane's goals are not fully inspiring us this season. Let's hope we will get back our winning form when we meet Chelsea next.

I'd just like to point out that in Saudi Sportswashing Machine vs Burnley right now...

A Saudi Sportswashing Machine centre back smashed in a worldie, in off the post.
A Burnley striker hit a nice volley that was well clawed away.
A Saudi Sportswashing Machine kid scored a nice, composed strike... I do quite like the look of Longstaff, a competent kid and perhaps his forebears all had long staffs.
A Burnley player was fouled in the box, but the ref didn't give the pen.
A Burnley scuffed a great chance wide, rather than scoring.
Quite a lot of chances at the moment.

2-0 so far, but a tight game.

Back