• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Dycheball***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bum-fluff

we get up and go again, no rest for the wicked, two derbies and a CL second leg

i think what's concerning me most is when teams pack their defence, make it hard for us to play through (but we still do manage to do it) and then seemingly cut us open easily at the back, which is what i thought i saw the other day. Burnley seem to have got their mojo back, we weren't off by much

... but an interesting take, when you have your star players back from injury, yet the team are winning without them, when should we put them back in ? Personally, if they are fit and training well, put them back straight in as Poch has

Honestly, I've read some things here recently, but this deserves to be stuffed and mounted on the mantlepiece. I don't have enough palms or faces.
It's not a popular point of view on here Steff, but I completely agree. We cannot be in the position we are in if he was that bad. Plus as I have already alluded to, subs under Poch find it difficult to get into the rhythm of the game.

That’s what the forum is here for, discussion. I can say what the majority of people on here want to hear if you like but it would make the place a bit boring. The fact is his subs are often too late and he isn’t bold but yesterday he was proactive and aggressive with them. Poch sets us out to dominate possesion and impose our tempo on teams. I just feel he doesn’t react quickly enough when things aren’t going our way. I get that he believes in the players but there’s time when players need to be hooked. Wolves at home is a good example. He complained after the game that we were tired and yet he only made 1 sub. Does he get that he can make 3 subs? That’s the kind of contradictory statement I’d expect from Klopp, not Poch.
I know what you're getting at and there's plenty that will agree myself included subs arent Poch's strong point in terms of using them to our advantage. However what I will say is that Poch has consistently made subtle tactical changes during games that havent required a change in personnel that have changed things positively for us....

What scatches my noddle,is that Burnley were unchanged for the seventh time on Saturday,so who ever does a file on how Burnley play,system they use and team set up could have done it on a one sided post card....but still we were caught out on corners,the direct nature and style during the game. Why was Sanchez not even playing,he would have been a far more physical presence than Foyth,(who did his usual opening of mistakes in the first 20 minutes he does, in games) and would have given Wood a far harder game.

Eriksen seems to be not even in third gear most of the time,Rose still thinks he's a left winger and doesn't track back into a four till its too late(2nd goal)Son looked like that someone pinched his ball after knowing Kane be playing the central role,it seems to me the time off they had had put them in relax mood and totally switched off. Whats going to happen in March when we have three weeks off and our opening game back be Liverpool(yes you know that Liverpool who start off at 120 mph every game they play against us and LLoris normally does a feck up or one of our back three/four that chip in as well) .It wouldn't be a surprise we give the same performance as we did on Saturday.........but it won't be a surprise to a majority of us who know how Liverpool play against us for the last 10 years!!

Completely out of context but fair enough, I'll take your word for it. If troll supoorters for other teams are posting on here I would like them banned. I'm not calling you that, but they do exist.

I did also have a disagreement with @Hootnow. That was resolved cordially, something you probably know little about. Thanks for keeping tabs though.

My point on you and other posters views about us having a 'weak meteorology' being emboldened when we lose remains. It can't be ignored.

I won't use the word agenda again because that'll get me in trouble with the 'right to moan' rude boys. All I've ever called for is balance.

You call it venting, I call it ramping up discord amongst fans. Move on. I totally understand frustration during a game or in the hours after, but we've got Chelsea to look ahead to now.

We're enjoying a record points scoring season at this stage but you'll still jump in at the first opportunity. You're worse than the media to be honest.

We have made strides as a club since Poch took over.

- we’ve finished above Arsenal. Not the be all and end all but it was a monkey that we needed to get off our back.

- we’ve finished in the top 4 consistently, not just a one off.

- we finally won at Stamford Bridge. Another monkey we needed to get off our back.

However, we’re not the finished article and it’s not moaning or being negative to say we’re not. I believe we have the third best squad in the country. Regardless of net spend. Another step we need to take is winning a trophy. We have got close on numerous occasions, there must be a reason why teams like united and Chelsea seem to win the majority of their big finals and we don’t. I honestly don’t think it’s down to ability. If we upgrade in CM and RB next season then it may not guarantee success but it will give us a greater chance IMO. We don’t require major surgery, just 1-2 players IMO and we’ll be in business.

I don’t know what your motivations are when you post but it comes across like you are only happy if people post 100% positive, 100% of the time. Not everyone is a yes man. Some posters will have different views to yours. The sooner you accept that the better IMO as the next time someone breaks rank and doesnt post in line with your “Poch knows best” attitude you won’t wade in without properly reading the post.

We have made strides as a club since Poch took over.

- we’ve finished above Arsenal. Not the be all and end all but it was a monkey that we needed to get off our back.

- we’ve finished in the top 4 consistently, not just a one off.

- we finally won at Stamford Bridge. Another monkey we needed to get off our back.

However, we’re not the finished article and it’s not moaning or being negative to say we’re not. I believe we have the third best squad in the country. Regardless of net spend. Another step we need to take is winning a trophy. We have got close on numerous occasions, there must be a reason why teams like united and Chelsea seem to win the majority of their big finals and we don’t. I honestly don’t think it’s down to ability. If we upgrade in CM and RB next season then it may not guarantee success but it will give us a greater chance IMO. We don’t require major surgery, just 1-2 players IMO and we’ll be in business.

I don’t know what your motivations are when you post but it comes across like you are only happy if people post 400% positive, 400% of the time. Not everyone is a yes man. Some posters will have different views to yours. The sooner you accept that the better IMO as the next time someone breaks rank and doesnt post in line with your “Poch knows best” attitude you won’t wade in without properly reading the post.

I think sometimes, we just need a lucky break in one of those semi-finals/final to win a pot. And then once we have won a couple of those types of games, we won't have to rely on a lucky break to win another one.

Completely out of context but fair enough, I'll take your word for it. If troll supoorters for other teams are posting on here I would like them banned. I'm not calling you that, but they do exist.

I did also have a disagreement with @Hootnow. That was resolved cordially, something you probably know little about. Thanks for keeping tabs though.

My point on you and other posters views about us having a 'weak meteorology' being emboldened when we lose remains. It can't be ignored.

I won't use the word agenda again because that'll get me in trouble with the 'right to moan' rude boys. All I've ever called for is balance.

You call it venting, I call it ramping up discord amongst fans. Move on. I totally understand frustration during a game or in the hours after, but we've got Chelsea to look ahead to now.

We're enjoying a record points scoring season at this stage but you'll still jump in at the first opportunity. You're worse than the media to be honest.

This is actually hilarious.

Call for balance?

Lols.

Thanks for the laugh.

Just watched MOTD, looked like two players are off sidecwhen initial ball goes over top, before serge clearance.
Secondly after goal Barnes takes the ball out of the net and throws it into the crowd, goes that not a booking?

Back