• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Chelscumski

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again I struggle to understand why Skipp is on the bench. We have 3 CMs starting, plus Dier, Gedson and Dele on the bench who can all play in midfield. Would it not be more sensible to have Sessegnon or Parrott so that we have more (different) options?

Exactly. Why both Skipp and Dier on the bench is plainly just wrong.

Interesting lineup.

Lloris

Tanganga Alderwiereld Sanchez Vertonghen Davies

Ndombele Winks Lo Celso

Lucas Bergwijn

Difficult to guess the formation with that team sheet Maybe he is trying to bamboozle Lampard. Shouldnt be too difficult.

Back 3 from them too....

Chelsea
  • 13Caballero
  • 28Azpilicueta
  • 4Christensen
  • 2Rüdiger
  • 24James
  • 5Jorginho
  • 17Kovacic
  • 3Alonso
  • 8Barkley
  • 19Mount
  • 18Giroud
Substitutes
  • 1Arrizabalaga
  • 9Abraham
  • 10Willian
  • 12Loftus-Cheek
  • 15Zouma
  • 33Emerson
  • 47Gilmour

Jose's record against 3 men defences is not so good. I wish the team well.

Difficult to guess the formation with that team sheet Maybe he is trying to bamboozle Lampard. Shouldnt be too difficult.
Not difficult at all. 5-3-2. Lucas and Bergwijn should stay wide an high when we defend, to exploit the area behind their wingbacks. This will force their CB's to also stride wide, leaving the centre open for Lo Celso and Ndombele.

We are going to struggle to assert control without a hold up option up front, I worry about us getting out and being able to exert any kind of sustained pressure on them.

Nonetheless we must fight them in the centre, on the touch line and be aggressive defending our final third.

our players talk of not crying and showing fighting spirit, they need to show it right now!

Hope Ndombele is actually ready to play, put a shift in for at least an hour and that he's not just selected because of a lack of options.

Fairly strong team that, even though we're lacking some balance. If we can find out groove that could definitely work. should have course also fall completely short.

COYS

Not difficult at all. 5-3-2. Lucas and Bergwijn should stay wide an high when we defend, to exploit the area behind their wingbacks. This will force their CB's to also stride wide, leaving the centre open for Lo Celso and Ndombele.
Agreed.

Though, whenever we play a back 3 against a team with 1 striker... it doesn't work and we say we are wasting a man i.e. we don't need 3 to mark 1.

However this time we actually have 5 centre backs playing!!!

5 to mark Giroud. We are clearly worried about Alonso and JAMES stretching us wide, so we've gone for the extra defender so we can directly put Tanganga and Davies against them.

Which means our midfield will be overrun, usually.

I don't think their team looks incredible on paper, but it will be very interesting to watch the formations shift and change and see who wins the battles.

Barkley and Giroud have got a massive point to prove. No Batshuayi.

Last edited:
Back