• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Chelscumski

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mourinho can’t be allowed to hide behind the Kane and Son absences. This is spineless and rudderless.

Weak rudderless performance. Mourinho trying to play defensive, too negative after last game, when the team needed lifting and needed to go toe to toe.

How can we strengthen midfield? Our midfield is Championship standard and uncoordinated - few -1-2s and movement to break the press.

Mourinho can’t be allowed to hide behind the Kane and Son absences. This is spineless and rudderless.

Because we don’t have a spine

We’ve gone from Dembele to fats (who looked like he wanted off after 5) in the CM and Moura who can’t pass or control a football

That team is better with Alli in it then Alli warming the bench. Jose was making a point at the expense of the team today. You can't judge his contribution on a 15 minute cameo.

my gripe is that I would have used dele cf these last two games...we need a hold up option centrally.

Hugo made a couple of good saves but I think some of the defensive nervousness stems from him. He is slow coming off his line and isn’t a commanding enough presence in the box for me. I’m not sure we shouldn’t have expected him to do better with their first today. Having him as captain is also a complete waste of time.

It’s another area we need to strengthen in.

I’ve seen much worse there with better players
As soon as we had the chance to go above them you need we wouldn’t do it
Add in the silly fixtures list and it all adds up
We never ever get those games over the line

my gripe is that I would have used dele cf these last two games...we need a hold up option centrally.

Yeah we need to try and get Dele involved as the focal point of attacks somehow.

Maybe he misses chances, but that’s better than no threat at all.

Just to add, weird to play a back 5 where the wing back is also a CB.

Presume Aurier was rested but think that screwed up the formation.

Weak rudderless performance. Mourinho trying to play defensive, too negative after last game, when the team needed lifting and needed to go toe to toe.

How can we strengthen midfield? Our midfield is Championship standard and uncoordinated - few -1-2s and movement to break the press.

I wouldn’t say we have one top quality CM player - all have flaws in the game - something that needs addressing in the summer.

Along with most areas.

I don't disagree, but fudge them...

It's one of those that looks really bad in slow motion. When I saw it in real time I thought no way. But having watched multiple angles, I do think he left some on the Chelsea player purposely. Which I'm all for but I think he should have gone.

Needs lessons from Lamela on how to do it properly...

yeah, but it would allow moura and Steve to operate on the wings where they are happy, play Lamela amf...4 2 3 1.

the current set up equals slow death performances and results
I think he was gambling after wended day when we changed the game
The key was and is that he hasn’t had any time to work with the players this week to adapt

It's one of those that looks really bad in slow motion. When I saw it in real time I thought no way. But having watched multiple angles, I do think he left some on the Chelsea player purposely. Which I'm all for but I think he should have gone.

Needs lessons from Lamela on how to do it properly...
You can not judge intent on slow mo
He wouldn’t have seen the player coming IMO
It looks awful in slow mo and normal at normal speed.... shows why it has to be reviewed at multiple angles at the speed of the game

I actually think midfield is one of our better positions at the moment, GLC is brilliant, Winks' form is improving, Gedson is a decent prospect. I'd be more worried about the defence and attack

Back