• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Big Oil

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that it is quite a defensive formation. Dele would spend a lot of time in midfield but look to get forward quickly when we are in possession. Very similar to how we have been using him recently.

He has dropped far too deep recently ( remember him being out muscled by Henderson in our penalty area for one of their goals). He needs to expend his energy as a genuine No 10 ie in the opposition penalty area, which is where he is at his best.

Was still Tottenham who scored though o_O

I do love when one part of a quote is taken to skew an argument.
My quote was a reply to a poster saying we player against the top/better teams (can't remember which).
If you include arsenal (give them the benefit) we've taken two points from I think 15.
Doesn't really stack up does it.

He has dropped far too deep recently ( remember him being out muscled by Henderson in our penalty area for one of their goals). He needs to expend his energy as a genuine No 10 ie in the opposition penalty area, which is where he is at his best.

I think that it is unlikely that he'll be staying high when we aren't in possession today.

I think that Mourinho has sought to address our defensive weaknesses and some of our attacking fluency has been the cost of that. Dele has been asked to play deeper as part of that. I think that he can be quite good played deep, certainly better than some of our other options, but I'd agree that he's most effective further forward. Like much of last season, he's putting the team above himself.

I think that it is unlikely that he'll be staying high when we aren't in possession today.

I think that Mourinho has sought to address our defensive weaknesses and some of our attacking fluency has been the cost of that. Dele has been asked to play deeper as part of that. I think that he can be quite good played deep, certainly better than some of our other options, but I'd agree that he's most effective further forward. Like much of last season, he's putting the team above himself.

I agree with you - and that is why in recent matches we have had Dele’s brother back with us. I think JM would be better served reverting to the Dele of his first few games in charge.

I agree with you - and that is why in recent matches we have had Dele’s brother back with us. I think JM would be better served reverting to the Dele of his first few games in charge.

He's being asked to play a different role for the good of the team. Son and Moura have both been off form too, so I think that it is wrong to single him out. Hopefully, Bergwijn's arrival will freshen things up a bit.

Massive game for us today. Whilst I generally view games against this lot as a freebie and have limited expectations, we're 7 behind Chelsea with this game in hand, and then we play Villa the day before they play Utd. And then the weekend after, we go to Chelsea

We generally screw these sort of opportunities up, but its feasible that they're only a point ahead of us when the kick off vs Man U

Will be interesting to see how we line up - could either 4-3-3 or alternatively 4-2-3-1, hopefully the latter

Back