• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Big Oil

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't you take the manager chat to some anorak subforum :D

That Winks eh... WHAT a burst of pace from the lad, was like a sprinter when Zinchenko took him out.

Also noticeable that Bergwijn kept up with Walker's incredible pace (and then collapsed with a pulled calf).

I doubt that’s the case, he got rid of Janssen, previously Bentaleb, Kaboul, Capoue etc. He was unlucky in the summer that things didn’t pan out. We still haven’t managed to get rid of Wanyama or get Verts to sign a contract.

Maybe we haven't offered Verts a new contract?
We shouldn't be now anyway, imo.

They lost the game because of poor finishing. Aguero missed the target from the 6 yard box. De Bruyne missed the target from inside the box , you’d expect him to trouble the keeper. Gundogan would have had a tap in if not for a terrible pass from Sterling. Aguero missed a one on one where he would score more often than not.

Honestly can’t think of a genuine chance we created other than for Son’s goal. Bergwijn’s goal wasn’t even a half chance.

I remember a game last season we lost to United because of poor finishing. I wouldn’t say United deserved the 3 points.
But didn’t De Gea equal a record for saves that day

Because it didn't look like a red card challenge from his view, and to be fair, at first I wasn't even sure which way the FK should go! This is exactly what VAR is supposed to be about! Taking a closer look at things that happen so fast and is difficult to see for the ref. But it's failing miserably.
Not sure why not he had a very good view of it.

Oh, and the confederations cup
That was a trophy... that’s like the charity shield in tha5 you dint even qualify for it
League title in France ... that’s a lesser league by some way but yeah it’s a trophy. I Mean dingdong Emery failed To win it one year and he was managing in a one horse league

but it put all the managers suggested together with their trophies I doubt the would equal that of Mourinho total

They were all straight at him from memory. One of the most overrated keepers in the league for me. Makes routine saves look flashy. Poor finishing cost us that day just as did for city today.
I agree
I call him the vampire a he hates crosses
He says rooted to his like and never leaves his 6 yard box. Is why he is in the right place for those saves as he doesn’t gamble. Now that he is gambling more he is making basic errors

That was a trophy... that’s like the charity shield in tha5 you dint even qualify for it
League title in France ... that’s a lesser league by some way but yeah it’s a trophy. I Mean dingdong Emery failed To win it one year and he was managing in a one horse league

but it put all the managers suggested together with their trophies I doubt the would equal that of Mourinho total

Jose is elite, no doubt about that.

But they hit the target 5 times... 5 times including a penalty
Take the penalty away and it’s 4 times
Is that good when your dominant with the ball?

I wouldn't just look at the on target shots, their best chance of the game was wide from 2 yards out and didn't they hit the post as well?

At natural speed which is how it should be seen the most it didn’t look as bad as it did in slow mo... which was a red the way they use VaR

it was worse than sons contact on Rudigger by some way

Was son not carded as for intent, retaliation? My memory is a bit hazy, but I can see why both decisions were made. The only really debate for me is the sending off, by the letter of the law OK but I thought it was harsh, how often are they let go, especially when they've already been booked. Fernandinho on Ndombele was more a card and I don't even thi k we got a foul. My stream was playing up at the end so not totally sure.

And a precursor to goals is....
...chances, I'll give you that.

But still it doesn't matter, because it IS absolutely all about taking them and nothing else.

Here's a slogan for you. Its not the number of chances you make, its the number you take.

How many times do you see a team miss chance after chance and lose 0-1 to a lesser team that's under siege yet nevertheless happens to have the one player with the skill or nous to unlock the door?

Happens all the time, hence why it renders the number of chances you create irrelevant.

Was son not carded as for intent, retaliation? My memory is a bit hazy, but I can see why both decisions were made. The only really debate for me is the sending off, by the letter of the law OK but I thought it was harsh, how often are they let go, especially when they've already been booked. Fernandinho on Ndombele was more a card and I don't even thi k we got a foul. My stream was playing up at the end so not totally sure.
I assume the ruling around son was the aggression
Sterling can argue he was going for the ball
But even that rule has changed the way the ref it now so it’s harder for anyone to work out
Son got sent off mainly IMo because of the reaction of rudiger
Dele didn’t over react and the players didn’t realise how bad it was to goad the ref

Wow .. seems some people are desperate to prove that we are brick ..

We still have issues to resolve, Tanganga at RB and Lucas at CF alone would tell you that. Add in lack of confidence from a very inconsistent season, several new players bedding in, can we be better? do we need to be better? = absolutely.

What people are missing is this was against one of the better teams in europe, one of the better managers in the world with us under a lot of pressure to make it count with most everyone else dropping points for the week-end.

What they are also missing is how many people who are complaining about us not having more possession are the same people who point to lower level sides who get great results by playing disciplined and making the most of their chances?

We had a tactical approach against both Pool (almost worked, would have if we took our chances) and City (we did take our chances), it's going to take a little while for us to get back to being able to play these teams toe to toe, until then I'm quite happy to see us adjust tactics so it's not a rollover/walk in the park for them.

Back