• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - FK Crvena zvezda Vs Tottenham Hotspur, CL Group stage, round 4***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're right Poch is perfect, he's never made a managerial mistake in his career. Lo Celso was in fact not fit despite all the evidence that shows otherwise [emoji58]

You win. [emoji58]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Regarding the bold-face above, when did I say that?

:D:D:D:D:D
Because me winning a stupid internet argument is the point here. :confused:Why is it so hard to admit that Poch knows more about Lo Celso's fitness than you or me?

I suppose if I also raise the idea of his needing to learn about the Premiership, our side, how we play and what is needed (especially given as he didn't have a pre-season with us!) that will add further aggro to the mill? Dearie me...

Last edited:
Good game, lots of positives. Though I did think that last time we played them and Poch didnt hold nerve with what he did against RSB, so instead of looking forward to the rest of the season Im more cautiously optimistic.

A set up akin to last night against Sheffield Utd would go a long way to making me feel a lot better.

It has to be said, RSB were a massive disappointment. They did not give us the game we were promised, they were quite terrible and their tactic seemed to be to let us play how we wanted. That also plays into my cautious optimism, if we played like we did last night against a more competitive side I would be absolutely buzzing right now.

Defensively we werent great, in particular I thought both fullbacks could have done better, and a couple of straight balls through the middle caused us far more trouble than they had any right to.

Kane was having one of his greedy/bad decision nights, a shame really because we probably could have scored more!

Eriksen coming on baffles me even now. And thats not even coming from the "I dont think Eriksen should play for us again" angle (even though I dont). Its more from the angle of - what was to be gained from playing him? ESPECIALLY ahead of Sessegnon or Skipp for whom that game was PERFECT to get minutes into new/developing players.

Minor gripes aside, I thought it was a very positive performance. NDombele really is something else, and is bringing that missing XFactor back to the team. Son/Alli/Lo Celso/Kane is a wonderful looking front line. Some of the runs, skill, passing - vision - were great to see. And Im very happy to see 90 minutes in Dier and him looking much more his old self.

Sessegnons cameo was positive too, I thought. I really like how his passes are delivered with a real punch, and how constantly he was looking to get away on the left.

As I said, cautiously optimistic. If Poch sticks with this, Ill be happier and happier. Even if its a bit bumpy along the way, its clear there is the basis of an excellent team in that group of players.

Id only really be looking at a RB to round it all out in Jan, assuming Sessegnon has it in him to be a marauding LB.

Sessegnon's = Bale - position-wise, L&R flanks going forward. Early days though. IMHO.

Good things happened last night, encouraging!

Good game, lots of positives. Though I did think that last time we played them and Poch didnt hold nerve with what he did against RSB, so instead of looking forward to the rest of the season Im more cautiously optimistic.

A set up akin to last night against Sheffield Utd would go a long way to making me feel a lot better.

It has to be said, RSB were a massive disappointment. They did not give us the game we were promised, they were quite terrible and their tactic seemed to be to let us play how we wanted. That also plays into my cautious optimism, if we played like we did last night against a more competitive side I would be absolutely buzzing right now.

Defensively we werent great, in particular I thought both fullbacks could have done better, and a couple of straight balls through the middle caused us far more trouble than they had any right to.

Kane was having one of his greedy/bad decision nights, a shame really because we probably could have scored more!

Eriksen coming on baffles me even now. And thats not even coming from the "I dont think Eriksen should play for us again" angle (even though I dont). Its more from the angle of - what was to be gained from playing him? ESPECIALLY ahead of Sessegnon or Skipp for whom that game was PERFECT to get minutes into new/developing players.

Minor gripes aside, I thought it was a very positive performance. NDombele really is something else, and is bringing that missing XFactor back to the team. Son/Alli/Lo Celso/Kane is a wonderful looking front line. Some of the runs, skill, passing - vision - were great to see. And Im very happy to see 90 minutes in Dier and him looking much more his old self.

Sessegnons cameo was positive too, I thought. I really like how his passes are delivered with a real punch, and how constantly he was looking to get away on the left.

As I said, cautiously optimistic. If Poch sticks with this, Ill be happier and happier. Even if its a bit bumpy along the way, its clear there is the basis of an excellent team in that group of players.

Id only really be looking at a RB to round it all out in Jan, assuming Sessegnon has it in him to be a marauding LB.

Re the Eriksen sub, I can only think its a combination of resting a player and keeping Eriksen semi fresh just in case.
It certainly doesn't look like even if Eriksen changed his mind and decided to stay poch would have a place for him in the first team.
The evolution has moved beyond him now imv.

Re the Eriksen sub, I can only think its a combination of resting a player and keeping Eriksen semi fresh just in case.
It certainly doesn't look like even if Eriksen changed his mind and decided to stay poch would have a place for him in the first team.

I see no future for Eriksen here. So I see no point in him playing, basically ever!

Id be happy with younger players being given chances ahead of him if it were to come to that. Though truth is we have enough quality to get on without him anyway.

I see no future for Eriksen here. So I see no point in him playing, basically ever!

Id be happy with younger players being given chances ahead of him if it were to come to that. Though truth is we have enough quality to get on without him anyway.

I would have brought skipp on personally,, game was done so no harm.
Churlish to pick 'faults' in such a comfortable victory, but I would have liked to have seen Moura get some minutes as well.

Skipp and Winks very much of a muchness. Good but not good enough at this level for EPL sadly.
Honourable mention for Foyth here, made me change my mind a little about him at RB....

I would have bought skipp on personally,, game was done so no harm.
Churlish to pick 'faults' in such a comfortable victory, but I would have liked to have seen Moura get some minutes as well.

I dont think its churlish, its certainly not meant negatively or in bad faith. Was more an observation, struck me as very strange at the time and still does.

Just doesnt make sense.

If thats the worst thing there is to complain about its no bad thing really.

I dont think its churlish, its certainly not meant negatively or in bad faith. Was more an observation, struck me as very strange at the time and still does.

Just doesnt make sense.

If thats the worst thing there is to complain about its no bad thing really.

I meant my wish to see Moura get minutes as being churlish, not your point re Eriksen.
Eriksen selection is baffling to me.

Skipp and Winks very much of a muchness. Good but not good enough at this level for EPL sadly.
Honourable mention for Foyth here, made me change my mind a little about him at RB....

I like them both, but you're possibly right.
Skipp does seem a bit more aggressive and physical than winks.

Regarding the bold-face above, when did I say that?

:D:D:D:D:D
Because me winning a stupid internet argument is the point here. :confused:Why is it so hard to admit that Poch knows more about Lo Celso's fitness than you or me?

I suppose if I also raise the idea of his needing to learn about the Premiership, our side, how we play and what is needed (especially given as he didn't have a pre-season with us!) that will add further aggro to the mill? Dearie me...

There is no aggro here. I'm just bored of going back forth with you, yes Poch is perfect and he has brought Lo Celso along perfectly and played him in every minute he was available for. Happy now?

Only if Poch has totally lost faith in him which I don't think is the case as it stands. He's still getting games here and there. Much of it might have been from necessity due to our struggles so far this season but even last night suggests Poch still has some trust in him.

Only if Poch has totally lost faith in him which I don't think is the case as it stands. He's still getting games here and there. Much of it might have been from necessity due to our struggles so far this season but even last night suggests Poch still has some trust in him.

I can't read too much into him being brought on in game that over and the tackling was 'robust".

Not bitter I just like accuracy and to say that he's managed him well when he gave him 44 minutes total across the 4 games before his injury is a bit of a joke to my mind. Especially when you take into account how poorly we were playing and how a new creative face could have made a significant difference. Those poor results are ultimately going to cost us [emoji2369]

I think that was about right considering when he arrived in the transfer window. Remember also that he was late back to start his pre-season after being given time off after Copa America. I know we always all want to see players immediately after they have signed but fitness and integration into the team are important. I'm pleased that Poch hasn't rushed any of Ndombele, Sessegnon or Lo Celso. We may have paid a little price in the short term (although even that it subjective as they could've come in and looked poor or got injured again if not completely ready) but should gain in the long term.

You're the one claiming he has managed him well with no more information (maybe even less) than I have [emoji2369]

Also note, he was fit enough to feature for Argentina from the start during the international break.

Unfortunately (as we have seen with many of our players) International teams do not take care of the players in the way that they should.

I think it is very unfair to make that claim regarding Skipp. He is only just 19 for gawd's sake. However I think his development at this point would be far better served by going out on loan.

Winks, also I think that is a little unfair on (and I have been a big critic of his this season). He has shown in games previously that he is a very good player. I think he just needs to play in the right role with a bit less pressure on him and be told to be braver in the options that he takes. It would be absolutely crazy to give up on Winks now. There is definitely a player in there then can be coached to the fore.

Just catching up on this thread upon return from the beautiful Belgrade.

Had a great time and got to watch a good Spurs performance against a team that have never looked as bad as that before at home (I think that Spurs have to take some of the credit for that).

My thoughts from a position in the stands with a view to match the London (taxpayers) Stadium.

I thought Sissoko was fantastic. I know that NDombele will get most of the plaudits (and fair enough as he was also excellent - other than his one brain fart that probably would've cost a goal against a better team), but Sissoko's work allowed NDombele to play. It looked to me as though we were playing the two of them in a bit of a double pivot and they clearly have a good understanding and complement each other really well. Those two definitely have to be our first choice two in the centre of midfield now and play when fit and available. Hopefully some of those that have mocked him in the past and said that he is worse than a pub league player will start to admit that he is a good player.

Gazzaniga may have made a couple of good saves but he is awfully rooted to his line. On a few occasions our defenders were waiting for him to come and claim the ball only for him to stay put. He needs to improve significantly here as it will cost us against better teams. It seemed to me that the save he tipped onto the post was a direct result of him failing to come out and claim a ball that he looked big favourite for.

Lo Celso looks well suited to our team. Has good touch, plays with his head up, passes well, carries the ball well, gets into good positions and also has good work rate and doesn't mind putting in a tackle. I think sa he gets more up to speed in the PL (where the pace is a lot higher than last night's game) then he should be able to replace Eriksen (with the added benefit of actually going in for tackles).

Good to see Dier back and playing in what I think is the position that we should be (re)shaping him into for the rest of his Spurs career. His attributes are much more suited to being a centre back and he could develop into a real top class CH (perhaps needs to work on his defending of crosses, but not too much else).

I'm pleased to say that Foyth has perhaps changed my opinion that he wouldn't be good enough to play as a right back for us. He looked more mobile than I had previously given him credit for and I thought his positioning was sound throughout the match.

I was so pleased to see Son play so well. Hopefully he can put the weekend behind him now and carry on playing well and scoring goals.

A nice cameo from Sessegnon. As I've said before I think he is more likely to be an attacking player for us as opposed to our new left back. Again, more than happy to be wrong on this though.

The only player I thought was a little off was Dele. It seemed that quite a few moves broke down when he received the ball, but at least he is trying things and I never mind it too much when players are losing the ball through trying to be inventive (especially if it is in the right area of the pitch).

All in all I thought it was a very good, professional performance and if we are drawn to play another team/game In Belgrade in future European competition then I will definitely be making another visit.

Back