• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

[[OMGT - Tottenham vs QPR]]

but it would set a dangerous precedent. You can't book players for suspected exaggerations in their 'injuries' when their was a collision of players. What if he was really injured (he wasn't i know but what if). Let him roll around all he wants...he didn't get the decision and tbh he didn't dive either.

Taarabt was poor today i thought. He was acting like an annoying ball hog that didn't want to pass the ball. I rate him though and his work rate today was excellent (that's usually what lets him down at times).

The point, for me, is that Mbia tried to get a decision of some sort and exaggerate the contact/it's effect on him. It was simulation. Thus a booking?!!

Really disappointed with the result. This was a chance for us to consolidate 3rd place but we wasted it, as always. Now we have gave back the advantage to Chelsea for the race for 3rd place. Until this match we were the only team to have scored in every away match this season. But annoyingly we failed to score for the first time, no thanks to Adebayor for wasting yet another one-on-one chance ! Also, disappontingly felt like a few players didn't give their best in this match. Fortunately for us, QPR didn't make use of the few chances they got.

This match showed yet again how we lack quality to unlock defensive minded teams. We still need a player who could make the difference in tight matches like this. That player should provide us the cutting edge to open up teams who only concentrate on defence. Don't think we have that sort of player now. Dembele should have done just that but he had a bad game, especially after Sandro went off injured. I think we were affected without Sandro as he is better at helping our attacks than Parker. Without any service, Bale and Lennon couldn't do anything. Also felt like a few players including Bale was not at their best in this match. Perhaps they were still feeling sorry for Redknapp ?

It is not surprising when Adebayor wastes those one-on-one chances anymore. He is so clumsy when it comes to taking that chances as he has shown yet again. Wish that chance came to Dempsey instead. Defoe forced a good save from the goalie with that great shot. But Adebayor not only was too slow to react but too clumsy yet again. That was our best chance to score in this match as we didn't get many chances after that. You can't afford to miss chances like that in tight matches. Thought Dempsey will come on and get us the goal but he didn't get any chance for that.

Despite the result, have to be happy about our defending as we kept the clean sheet. QPR didn't have many chances but our defence did well to stop them, especially Dawson. It was an important block by Dawson to stop SWP from scoring. Lloris did well to clear a few other dangerous situations as well. Walker and Naughton are still looking shaky at times but as long as we stop others from scoring, we should be happy.

Despite the result, one positive thing is we have extended our unbeaten run to 6 matches in the league. Just wish we had managed to score and win ! It would have been nice for AVB to beat Redknapp and prove a thing or two to the media. It would have helped us strengthen our position in top 4 race. Now we have to hope for favours from others teams.

???

The point, for me, is that Mbia tried to get a decision of some sort and exaggerate the contact/it's effect on him. It was simulation. Thus a booking?!!

but it's only your opinion that he exaggerated the effects of the contact. The referee can't go booking players for what he perceives as an exaggeration in contact and the players reaction if contact is made. The referee decides if their is or isn't contact but he can't then start booking players for doing a few extra rolls when they're on the floor when there clearly was contact..that' not their job.

Mbia tried to get a decision from the original contact (and there was contact as their was a collision). Mbia wasn't trying to get a decision from the 7218603763 rolls he decided to do afterwards.

but it's only your opinion that he exaggerated the effects of the contact. The referee can't go booking players for what he perceives as an exaggeration in contact and the players reaction if contact is made. The referee decides if their is or isn't contact but he can't then start booking players for doing a few extra rolls when they're on the floor when there clearly was contact..that' not their job.

I won't go any further mate, but I think we both know where this discussion could end up...anyway, onwards and upwards.

So far over this weekend out of our main challengers we've done better than Everton and Liverpool and worse than Chelsea, so it looks a decent result so far. If Arsenal draw at home to City I'd say that was about the same level of result.

Looks an even more decent result now, better than three of our four main challengers.

There's now a big gap between us and Pool with games running out. Arsenal now can't catch us by simply winning their game(s) in hand. I fancy us to beat Everton anyway, but given Swansea's fixture list they'd be very disappointed with failing to win that home game.

Back