• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

It's lucky I live with the missus, it means I only play the Xbox when I can grab a couple hours here and there. Before we started living together I could easily lose a day at a time to WoW.

Skyrim is the conkers. The only thing I have found with Bethesda is that the games are so massive, I can actually bore myself if I stray off the main line too much. Just got RAGE, ready for when I'm done with Skyrim. £12.99 at Game online at the moment.

I really enjoyed RAGE, but found it a tad too short... Seems that just as your really getting into the swing of things it's over. Ok its nowhere near as short as a COD game for example, but for a huge free roaming FPS (with a hint of RPG) you kind of expect more. Hope they make a follow up... Or just concentrate on Doom 4 ;)

Syndicate looks nothing like a "remake" as such. Looks more like the recent Deus Ex just more colourful and with more gadgetry. But we'll see, looks good.

I cannot wait for the next Half-Life installment, be it episode 3 or a whole new Valve engine for Half-Life 3.absolutely love this series, up there with my favourite games of all time! Both Portal games were brilliant, if you liked Portal 1 you'll love Portal 2 as it does so much more, gets you thinking right outside the box and is incredibly addictive. Completed the main story but yet to play the Co-op missions

Bioshock Infinite looks great from what I've seen, the first was brilliant but still got Bioshock 2 sitting on my computer waiting to be played, along with a ton of other games... Still not buying any games for a couple months if i can help it. May just upgrade the RAM on my PC instead, or get a bigger Hard drive to compensate for all the great games coming out this year lol. Anyone seen the gameplay video for Hitman Absolution yet? Thats looking promising

Last edited:
Ah, so could be anything. Like the forthcoming X-Com is "sort" of inspired by the original. i.e. it uses the name and has aliens but is actually a shooter by the looks of it.

Mind you, was it on here that I saw there is an actual proper top-down turn based remake of it coming later in the year as well? That sounds cracking.

Yeah, there's the shooter remake of XCOM and then the strategic top-down remake by Firaxis.

I haven't played Bioshock 2, but I enjoyed the first one. I didn't like all the backtracking in that game, but a minor complaint.
Diablo 3 is looking sexeh. Who knows when they'll release it. Blizzard cancelled BlizzCon for 2012, citing their need to concentrate on development with 5 titles in the works.
Portal 2 was excellent. Of course it didn't have the novelty factor, but it still has the same charm as the first one. There are some new gameplay elements which make for some really entertaining puzzles and the co-op mode is a blast if you play with a friend.
Half Life 2: Episode 3 & HL3.... Fall of 2032?
GTA: V of course is a whiles away, but it should be awesome, can't wait.
Max Payne 3 is headed this way in May. The first game was pure awesome. Was mixed about the second one, but I still enjoyed it. Will definitely keep a close eye on this one when the release date nears.
Mass Effect 3 is looking to be amazing, especially if the multiplayer they add works well. I enjoyed the first two games, although I hate how BioWare keeps dumbing things down in their sequels (see: Dragon Age 2). If people want a straightforward game, they should play MW3. For those of us that actually enjoy a little bit of thinking in our shooters/RPGs, BioWare would be wise to make combat deep and involved.

Heard the demo for The Darkness 2 is available for download? Thought the first one was pretty decent on Xbox so may give this one a go?

EDIT: Well just played the Darkness 2 demo and I must say it's pretty enjoyable!! Similar to the first, an FPS with a bit of a twist (you have these 2 demon arms that can grab, eat, and rip open enemies whilst you duel weild pistols, uzis, etc.) The art style is very different from the first game, rather than going for realism they have gone for a kind of cell shaded comic book style which works quite well. Still very gory too. Overall well worth trying the demo if you've never played the first this is a chance to see what it was like (gameplay is very much similar except seems alot smoother with better animations than the first game). Think I may have to add this to my wishlist... were it not for the demo I would have likely overlooked it completely

Last edited:
Portal 2 was excellent. Of course it didn't have the novelty factor, but it still has the same charm as the first one. There are some new gameplay elements which make for some really entertaining puzzles and the co-op mode is a blast if you play with a friend.

What I found most impressive was that both games use the same engine, yet Portal 2 looks a noticeable step ahead both graphically and the physics aspect of it. Which can only be a good thing for HL: Ep 3!!

aww Resident Evil, the early games were classics, I remember in the first game when the dogs smashed through the windows scared the bejesus out of me, can't wait for the next one!

What I found most impressive was that both games use the same engine, yet Portal 2 looks a noticeable step ahead both graphically and the physics aspect of it. Which can only be a good thing for HL: Ep 3!!

I think the minimal aspects of the art and design went a long way in helping the game stay modern, but source is definitely starting to show its age. The goo looked pretty good though, and the physics in the source engine are phenomenal. I'll never forget picking up the gravity gun for the first time, or using it to launch a toilet bowl or radiator at an enemy player in the HL2 multiplayer.
I'm curious to see what the future holds for HL3.

aww Resident Evil, the early games were classics, I remember in the first game when the dogs smashed through the windows scared the bejesus out of me, can't wait for the next one!

Scariest gaming moment right there. I screamed and threw my controller across the room.

i've put hundreds of hours into skyrim.. i am obsessed. i must be near the end surely?

on a related note; LOL!!!

[video=youtube;sNuFNZijnCo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNuFNZijnCo[/video]

Probably my favourite game series alongside Half-Life, I've been playing them all again recently, REmake is still terrifying!

This game looked really intriguing from early announcment trailers... which seemed an age ago back in 2009 I believe? These early gameplay videos do look promising. Seems like a survival game in a similar catagory to resi evil but with hints of Prince of Persia style climbing around and maybe even hints of Fallout? Will keep an eye on this I think

[video=youtube;uUfBJrnrPNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUfBJrnrPNg[/video]

Resident Evil was class on the ps2.. I remember the Jason Vorhees character on it.. He used to scare the brick out of me!

Im a alive looks good.

This game looked really intriguing from early announcment trailers... which seemed an age ago back in 2009 I believe? These early gameplay videos do look promising. Seems like a survival game in a similar catagory to resi evil but with hints of Prince of Persia style climbing around and maybe even hints of Fallout? Will keep an eye on this I think

[video=youtube;uUfBJrnrPNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUfBJrnrPNg[/video]

Looks good, great concept and glad they didn't just go for the same old zombie/mutant cliche

Yeah that's what i like is that they've kinda gone for gangs in a similar way to S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Fall Out (minus the mutants) it's a much more believable setting. Think from the original trailer that its a huge earthquake thats devastated the place? Not 100% sure been a while since i seen it (well almost 3 yrs lol).
On all platforms too which is good... Kinda missing out a bit being a PC owner and seeing all these Xbox or PS3 exclusives pass me by

Looks heavily influenced by Assassins Creed to me, no surprise being ubisoft

started playing through Uncharted 3 last night. ridiculously high production values and excellent direction again. i needed a break from skyrim, and found it a pleasant distraction so far. shouldn't take long to play through it (relatively, and compared to skyrim at least).

Im really struggling to get into anything at the minute.

Played through AC Revelations over christmas and was a little disappointed. Then started Arkham City and just couldnt get into it. So had a go of MW3 and lasted about 10 minutes before I lost interest. I have GoW3 in the plastic still.

I think Im broken.

Im really struggling to get into anything at the minute.

Played through AC Revelations over christmas and was a little disappointed. Then started Arkham City and just couldnt get into it. So had a go of MW3 and lasted about 10 minutes before I lost interest. I have GoW3 in the plastic still.

I think Im broken.

Was this MW3 multiplayer or the singleplayer campaign?
Battlefield 3 is an immense multiplayer experience, should give it a go.

Back