• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

I've finally started playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Really enjoyed the first couple of hours, got hooked straight away. Without a doubt the prettiest looking game I've ever played. Looks ridiculously good!

Last edited:
Anyone played the new PRO EVO 18 demo? really impressive. Cant wait for the main game
I have got the last 3 - didn't see a lot of difference from the last one (and the one before), however playing against the computer so its really easy. I know I will get this one as well, looking at playing habbits spend most of my limited time playing myClub and you really need to be on the latest edition or you are just playing against Neymar / Ronaldo / Messi teams.

I have got the last 3 - didn't see a lot of difference from the last one (and the one before), however playing against the computer so its really easy. I know I will get this one as well, looking at playing habbits spend most of my limited time playing myClub and you really need to be on the latest edition or you are just playing against Neymar / Ronaldo / Messi teams.

Slight improvements are what is needed each year. The GK are really good now. I play online with friends so we dont choose Barca & Madrid every game. I dont know why they dont put a filter on playing vs certain teams. tinkles me off

Slight improvements are what is needed each year. The GK are really good now. I play online with friends so we dont choose Barca & Madrid every game. I dont know why they dont put a filter on playing vs certain teams. tinkles me off
should have a lobby based on Team points - 250 -300 (div 2 and brick leagues) 350-400 / etc will mean similar ranked teams and more diverse games.

The few friends who play are Fiffa players,

This may interest some video game fans...

http://www.marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/

The writer of the Half-Life games has released what is implied to be the plot for Episode 3, which is currently 10 years late on it's original release date and has since been assumed dead in the water.

Thanks for this. I'm intensely amused by the name and gender changes - I imagine it would fool some Valve bot looking for keywords, but 'Gertrude Fremont' will silently live on in the hearts of all Half-Life fans forever. :p

It's interesting that the story itself was left open-ended for (presumably) yet another Half-Life game after that one - one where the G-Man drops presumably both you and Alyx into another scenario further down the line. I wonder how far Valve were planning on taking the franchise before Steam became their favored child and everything else fell by the wayside.

Thanks for this. I'm intensely amused by the name and gender changes - I imagine it would fool some Valve bot looking for keywords, but 'Gertrude Fremont' will silently live on in the hearts of all Half-Life fans forever. :p

It's interesting that the story itself was left open-ended for (presumably) yet another Half-Life game after that one - one where the G-Man drops presumably both you and Alyx into another scenario further down the line. I wonder how far Valve were planning on taking the franchise before Steam became their favored child and everything else fell by the wayside.

Gabe Newell is worth $5b now thanks to Steam, let that sink in for a moment...

It's a shame, Ep1 & 2 were fun and added new features to HL2, I still play them often nowadays as well as the first HL, simply great games. Obviously the story was there to be told in Ep3 as we've just received it but seems they canned it and HL3 is still an unknown.

I would wager that HL3 is still in development in some form somewhere deep within Valve's tiny dev team but they're probably looking for some new hook to push it forward like their physics engine in HL2 or just the general structure of HL1. Gotta keep that hope alive...

FIFA is pretty damn good this year, judging by the demo! Been hammering it the last couple of days. Much better than PES this year, in my opinion. :)

FIFA is pretty damn good this year, judging by the demo! Been hammering it the last couple of days. Much better than PES this year, in my opinion. :)

I agree , at first I thought was horrible again changed the camera to classic and it felt like different game. I also like PES 18 but it's just not there yet.

It's very small changes on last year but what ever they have done FIFA feels nice. Question is will they nerf it after day one patch and ruin it.

Project cars 2 out Friday loved first one so may give it a go. Was going to hold out for GT sport but there is no career mode on it.

Back