• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

I am thinking of investing back into handhelds, I had a PSP so might just get one for the craic, or should I get a Vita?

I know both are pretty done with now but I miss games on the road
If you get a second hand PSP (1000) then you can crack it fairly easily - means you can put roms on it (Game boy / master system / megadrive) and free games.

It's one of the most affordable VRs on the market I think, reviews say it's decent and works ok but if you're going to pay for VR then you should go for the top end products, all of which can give you motion sickness, which is odd.

Personally VR doesn't interest me just yet, if it really catches on and becomes the standard for gaming over the next 2/3 years I'll jump in.

Anyone got the PS4 VR headset? If so any good?
I've not played many computer games in the last six months but I had a go on my mate's PS VR last week - it was absolutely amazing.

Not the same picture quality you get from a sharp monitor (can see some pixels) but it was insanely immersive.

What impressed me most was the trepidation it made me feel when you were hovering over edges or could hear something behind you.

Definitely worked best for games where you were sitting down in game - tanks, planes etc. and my favourite was a rollercoaster horror game.

Miles above Google cardboard which was the only previous vr I'd used.

I don't have a PS4 but if Microsoft bring out an equivalent headset or the oculus drops enough in price I'll definitely get one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I've not played many computer games in the last six months but I had a go on my mate's PS VR last week - it was absolutely amazing.

Not the same picture quality you get from a sharp monitor (can see some pixels) but it was insanely immersive.

What impressed me most was the trepidation it made me feel when you were hovering over edges or could hear something behind you.

Definitely worked best for games where you were sitting down in game - tanks, planes etc. and my favourite was a rollercoaster horror game.

Miles above Google cardboard which was the only previous vr I'd used.

I don't have a PS4 but if Microsoft bring out an equivalent headset or the oculus drops enough in price I'll definitely get one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I went round my bros on Tuesday night and I played the kitchen resident evil game. OMG it was so scary, I screamed and nearly woke his baby up so had to quit the game before I did. I then played the football headering game which was fun but hard. I think they've just got demos and games out quickly so the games are no where near as good as they can be but they will get so much better.

You are right, it was immersive and its like you are in another world. It has huge potential. My Mrs owes me a birthday present so she's going to get it for me for my birthday as it's about £360 isn't it??

Update.

My Mrs got me the PS4 VR headset for my birthday last week. Out of this world.

It is so crazy good. Only been playing demos so far but just played the Star Wars game and was in a space ship thing battle whatever you call it flying through space. Actually felt like I was in space. Only downside however is I'm hungover and played it for 15 minutes and now feel sick. Must be the motion sickness.

It's really good for games where you don't move much but I think this could cause a bit of sickness if you are flying around in a plane or moving quite fast as your body isn't used to this but your brain thinks you are moving.

I actually think I'm going to chunder in a minute. Such a pussy.

I'm very tempted by PSVR, I'm just put off by the lack of resolution.

Has anyone tried using it to watch films? If that's any good then I could justify it by not upgrading the home cinema kit for a while.

I'm very tempted by PSVR, I'm just put off by the lack of resolution.

Has anyone tried using it to watch films? If that's any good then I could justify it by not upgrading the home cinema kit for a while.
When you say watching films do you mean using the sky app for example? If so it's ok, but the picture is definitely not HD. It feels like you're in a cinema but I think it's more of a gimmick as only one of you can use it obviously and it's good for a while but I lost interest and turned it off.

The resolution isn't great no, and I'm hoping it will get better but not sure if that's possible. I'm not sure whether the games out now are using the system to its capacity or not.

When you say watching films do you mean using the sky app for example? If so it's ok, but the picture is definitely not HD. It feels like you're in a cinema but I think it's more of a gimmick as only one of you can use it obviously and it's good for a while but I lost interest and turned it off.

The resolution isn't great no, and I'm hoping it will get better but not sure if that's possible. I'm not sure whether the games out now are using the system to its capacity or not.
I use Plex on the PS4 quite a lot - everything I have is in 1080p though, so I suppose I wouldn't use it for films.

Sent from my SM-G925F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

JUst had a gander at the Nintendo Switch, have to say it looks very smart

My only issues with Nintendo usually is the quality of game

Nintendo will have their normal huge hits - Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Metriod etc - it's the third party stuff where they've had sh*te for the Wii and Wii-U.

Switch looks cool, will need to be really well made though, if it's in any way flimsy it will suffer.

Update.

It is so crazy good. Only been playing demos so far but just played the Star Wars game and was in a space ship thing battle whatever you call it flying through space. Actually felt like I was in space. Only downside however is I'm hungover and played it for 15 minutes and now feel sick. Must be the motion sickness.

It's really good for games where you don't move much but I think this could cause a bit of sickness if you are flying around in a plane or moving quite fast as your body isn't used to this but your brain thinks you are moving.

That's what's holding me back from getting one. I've read a lot about people getting motion sickness. I got motion sick just trying a simple rollercoaster app for Google Carboard goggles, so I don't think it's for me, to be honest. Looks mighty cool though! How's the motion sickness now, a few weeks into it?

I finished 'The Last Guardian' on PS4 a few weeks back. Good game overall (worthy follow up to ICO and Shadow), but some game mechanics and the camera at times were horrible. And it tries little too hard to be epic from time to time. Still pretty epic, though.

Anyone tempted by a NSwitch?

No .. sorry, grew up on Nintendo .. but the games are vastly child oriented and am I only the only person who does not want to play version 930 of Mario/Zelda/Metroid?

System when priced out with required peripherals also puts it into next gen console category, which it isn't.

Update.

Problem is in VR you don't have peripheral vision, that causes the motion sickness effect. AR (ala a HoloLens) does not cause that.

VR will mature very quickly, especially with the announcements made for PCs (same API/etc for Xbox), with offerings from multiple traditional PC makes. In a year it will be a lot better.

Back