• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

I really enjoyed the first series of Hero's but second series wasn't as good and didn't bother watching the third... Is that still running? If not how many series it go before they threw in the towel?
Think shows like that are only good for 1 or 2 series (*ahem* Lost *ahem*) but i thought the first was brilliant!

I miss Breaking Bad
Just watched season 1 over weekend, really enjoyed it.

Justified is back...
Season 1 is being repeated on Five USA, seems pretty good so far. Still trying to get used to Timothy Olyphant not being Seth Bullock in Deadwood and Walton Goggins not being Shane in The Shield, as those are 2 of my all time favourite shows.

I really enjoyed the first series of Hero's but second series wasn't as good and didn't bother watching the third... Is that still running? If not how many series it go before they threw in the towel?
Think shows like that are only good for 1 or 2 series (*ahem* Lost *ahem*) but i thought the first was brilliant!
Heroes finished after 4th season back in 2010. The 4th season was better than previous 2 iirc but not a patch on the awesome first season.

Just watched season 1 over weekend, really enjoyed it.

Season 1 is being repeated on Five USA, seems pretty good so far. Still trying to get used to Timothy Olyphant not being Seth Bullock in Deadwood and Walton Goggins not being Shane in The Shield, as those are 2 of my all time favourite shows.

Heroes finished after 4th season back in 2010. The 4th season was better than previous 2 iirc but not a patch on the awesome first season.

Olyphant is so cool...:)

Mainly just the involvement of Moriarty and some of the plot details for the sequel. Which I have yet to see!

Re-wrote was a tad strong, they just added a few things, I don't think Moriarty was supposed to be so heavily mentioned in the first film.

Heroes ended up much like so many comics do. A complete mess. Shame, because the concept was fantastic. They just didn't really know how to work it.

Having just seen someone re-mention The Shield. Again, pound-for-pound one of the best tv shows ever. Never...NEVER a dull episode. Completely re-watchable and a superb finale.

Heroes went tits up for many reasons imo a few examples...

*SPOILERS*

Using Claires blood to bring people back from the dead, then forgetting to use it for anyone who died afterwards because the writers realised how stupid it was! the whole end of season 2 fiasco, killing off the wrong villains in season 3, using the same bloody painting the future power for about 3-4 characters, not getting Christopher Ecclestone back as the invisible man, the whole Slyar is Peter and Nathans brother rubbish, the Sylar-Nathan body swap, Noah and Elle feeding Sylar his first victim, not killing Sylar and Matt off at the end of season 1.

*END SPOILERS*

and theres more, that show seriously screwed up.

It gets better and better!

Best thing I've seen on TV since The Wire
High praise indeed! Looking forward to watching season 2 at some point.

Heroes ended up much like so many comics do. A complete mess. Shame, because the concept was fantastic. They just didn't really know how to work it.

Having just seen someone re-mention The Shield. Again, pound-for-pound one of the best tv shows ever. Never...NEVER a dull episode. Completely re-watchable and a superb finale.
Imho The Shield, The Wire and The Sopranos are the greatest TV shows ever made.

Like most people I know, I never watched The Shield when it was on Channel 5 but after being lent season 1 on DVD I was hooked and bought the entire box-set for ?ú50 which I'm regularly lending to mates. Dunno when it will be shown on TV again as it hasn't been repeated in years afaik :confused:

At least Sky Atlantic are helping to spread the word about how good The Wire and The Sopranos are.

Funny you should be mentioning Heroes, anyone seen Touch with Kiefer Sutherland yet? Created by Tim Kring.

Heroes went tits up for many reasons imo a few examples...

*SPOILERS*

Using Claires blood to bring people back from the dead, then forgetting to use it for anyone who died afterwards because the writers realised how stupid it was! the whole end of season 2 fiasco, killing off the wrong villains in season 3, using the same bloody painting the future power for about 3-4 characters, not getting Christopher Ecclestone back as the invisible man, the whole Slyar is Peter and Nathans brother rubbish, the Sylar-Nathan body swap, Noah and Elle feeding Sylar his first victim, not killing Sylar and Matt off at the end of season 1.

*END SPOILERS*

and theres more, that show seriously screwed up.

I seem to remember the writers strike happened mid season 2 tho didn't it? That probably didn't help the series. Like i say i loved the first series but the second was a bit meh, therefor didn't bother with it after that

Heroes lost it in the middle of the first season really as Tim Kring had no idea what he wanted to do with it when it started. They went with what the audience seemed to like the most.

Back