• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

From the World of Jason Bourne .....Treadstone on Amazon is pretty good, storyline bounces around a timeline and countries though. It's about secret agents/solders that have been taken prisoners been brainwashed and trained to be assassins to kill other agents,they get sent out and are woken up as such to kill other agents by hearing certain words or musical rhymes...plenty of shoot outs and fights through out the series.

Second series not announced yet though.

Just blown away by the visuals from The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel. Never seen such attention to detail in set design, wardrobe or external environment. My wife nudged me into watching this and now I'm happily ensconced.

Yes. Ensconced.

Set in the late '50s in New York, it's the story of a married, Jewish mother of two who sets out on the unlikely - and disruptive - path of becoming a stand-up comic. Rachel Brosnahan just crushes the role of Midge Maisel, whose late-night excursions to clubs connect with legendary comic Lenny Bruce. It's a quality script and performances from the main actors.

But the visuals. Un-fcuking-believable attention to detail. Whether in the heart of Manhattan or up in a resort in the Catskill mountains, this show simply has every visual aspect done to period perfection. Whether you're watching a scene in a kitchen, where all the props are totally accurate, or out on the street where the cars are mind-blowingly beautiful.

Chapeau. Chapeau. Chapeau.

Finished ‘For All Mankind’ last night. Slow start but really good in the end. Last two eps were mind blowing!

Also, the return of Jean-Luc!!!! I was geeking out so bad on Friday!!!

Just blown away by the visuals from The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel. Never seen such attention to detail in set design, wardrobe or external environment. My wife nudged me into watching this and now I'm happily ensconced.

Yes. Ensconced.

Set in the late '50s in New York, it's the story of a married, Jewish mother of two who sets out on the unlikely - and disruptive - path of becoming a stand-up comic. Rachel Brosnahan just crushes the role of Midge Maisel, whose late-night excursions to clubs connect with legendary comic Lenny Bruce. It's a quality script and performances from the main actors.

But the visuals. Un-fcuking-believable attention to detail. Whether in the heart of Manhattan or up in a resort in the Catskill mountains, this show simply has every visual aspect done to period perfection. Whether you're watching a scene in a kitchen, where all the props are totally accurate, or out on the street where the cars are mind-blowingly beautiful.

Chapeau. Chapeau. Chapeau.
Watched about 8 episodes so far and it’s very good
Well made and well cast

Anybody know what this is all about?:

ITN's Alastair Stewart steps down after social media 'errors of judgement'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51300799

He quoted a passage from Measure for Measure which included the word “ape”. His interlocutor (who was presumably black) felt that was racist. If this was a Philip Roth novel, Alistair Stewart would turn out to be mixed race all along.

The love for Mrs Maisel is baffling. I made my wife sit through four episodes, on the grounds that anything that Glory Glory and my elderly but hyper-cerebral mum both liked would have to be pretty good. But it’s just not funny enough - at least, it’s nowhere near as funny as it thinks it is, and as the incidental music tries to convey, raising only a couple of chuckles per episode. The inlaws and Joel are paper thin - the worst thing about episode two was realising they were recurring characters - so Midge and Susie have to carry it all. There’s a touch of the Blackadders about Midge: she’s commenting on 50s Jewish life from an anachronistically modern perspective. Contrast that with Mad Men, which gets the script and tone absolutely right, every time, for the precise era. Set dressing doesn’t make up for that, @greatwhitenorf.

So watching The Bureau instead, which is Spooks only in the DGSE, and with much more plausible office politics and tradecraft.

The love for Mrs Maisel is baffling. I made my wife sit through four episodes, on the grounds that anything that Glory Glory and my elderly but hyper-cerebral mum both liked would have to be pretty good. But it’s just not funny enough - at least, it’s nowhere near as funny as it thinks it is, and as the incidental music tries to convey, raising only a couple of chuckles per episode. The inlaws and Joel are paper thin - the worst thing about episode two was realising they were recurring characters - so Midge and Susie have to carry it all. There’s a touch of the Blackadders about Midge: she’s commenting on 50s Jewish life from an anachronistically modern perspective. Contrast that with Mad Men, which gets the script and tone absolutely right, every time, for the precise era. Set dressing doesn’t make up for that, @greatwhitenorf.

So watching The Bureau instead, which is Spooks only in the DGSE, and with much more plausible office politics and tradecraft.
You seen Detectorists?
It’s the best thing I’ve seen in years. It’s dry but so well cast and made and just bloody simple...

You seen Detectorists?
It’s the best thing I’ve seen in years. It’s dry but so well cast and made and just bloody simple...

Detectorists is excellent.

I finished Messiah at the weekend. A bit slow, but pretty good, up until the last couple of episodes. Left me underwhelmed in the end.

I'm now halfway through S1 of Fargo. I feel like I'm the only person who has not watched it (watched the film last year). Very good so far.

And it's got Diana Rigg and her daughter in it!
Yeah although Racheal still has that posh voice
I always thought it was odd but it must be her natural one
I saw Guy Garvey at the Doves gig last year dragging this women down stairs as she was hammered.... turned out it was her as she is his wife

Yeah although Racheal still has that posh voice
I always thought it was odd but it must be her natural one
I saw Guy Garvey at the Doves gig last year dragging this women down stairs as she was hammered.... turned out it was her as she is his wife

Yeah, he often does the "Born in Bury, now playing to thousands, making mega bucks and Diana Rigg's Son-in-Law! Where did it all go wrong?" thing :cool:

The voice might have something to do with it Guy ;)

Back