• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Went through Russian Doll on Netflix(though not Russian or has a doll in it!!)...30 minute comedy ,Groundhog Day type of comedy,main lead relives her birthday every time she dies,quite funny in parts and dark as well....thumbs up from me..
I watched the first in the week and I think I liked it - tonally it was all over the place, I cant say for sure but I think I like it and will be going back.

This is quite good https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7767422/?ref_=nv_sr_1 a bit odd watching teenagers and sex but the wife likes it. (cracking soundtrack with unusual songs)

Last edited:
Russian Doll is good. Its not "must see" but it is interesting, and plays it pretty smart. As you watch more lots of details come forward that show they really put thought and care into how they made it.

8 episodes as memory serves, which goes quickly - but feels about right.

Russian Doll is good. Its not "must see" but it is interesting, and plays it pretty smart. As you watch more lots of details come forward that show they really put thought and care into how they made it.

8 episodes as memory serves, which goes quickly - but feels about right.

It sounds like a TV version of Happy Death Day?

Punisher season two is a massive, unbridled disappointment. Particularly after season one.

Corny, predictable, lost any of it's edge or sense of reality. Hating it.

Sort of?

Havent seen happy death day, so cant speak to the tone etc - but the premise is definitely similar.

Russian Doll starts quite jovial, but over time a sinister undertone comes through.

I’ve watched 6 episodes of Russian Doll. It’s very good, it has a different feel to Happy Death Day. I’m enjoying watching the story unravel, clues starting to appear, and the interactions of the two main characters.

Night flyers on Netflix, what do you guys think?

Decent production etc but so far I'm not getting drawn in and instead it seems like homage to every other sci-fi ever...

Ive watched 6 of these now and my thinking is...

..Its brick.

Steer well clear.

It just rehashes every SciFi trope ever, to try and trick you into thinking its got depth and nuance.

It hasnt, its boring and predictable.

I see that all episodes of The Expanse are now available on Amazon Prime UK, loved the first 2 seasons so am hoping the show maintained those high standards...

Just saw the Fyre festival documentary on Netflix - wow. What goes on in the head of this Billy guy? So many warnings along the way, yet he just kept persisting, and that "at least they'll see your happy smile and yoga skills" - haha, what the fudge. What kind of dream world did he live in? Pretty fascinating all in all.

DzMtg-vW0AALLoU

Finished Nightflyers, so you dont have to!

It doesnt redeem itself at all.

Great production
Wooden acting
Abysmal writing
Cliches ridden crap

The sort of "lets throw all the brick at the wall and see what sticks" kind of thing.

Every sci-fi trope ever in one show, regardless of how it works.

Random time skip, completely flat body horror, all of its in there and none is successful.

Has to be one of the worst things Ive seen in years.

Finished Nightflyers, so you dont have to!

It doesnt redeem itself at all.

Great production
Wooden acting
Abysmal writing
Cliches ridden crap

The sort of "lets throw all the brick at the wall and see what sticks" kind of thing.

Every sci-fi trope ever in one show, regardless of how it works.

Random time skip, completely flat body horror, all of its in there and none is successful.

Has to be one of the worst things Ive seen in years.

Had no intention of watching this one. And glad you’ve confirmed that’s a good call!

Back