• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Putting a plug in here for US Syfy (Canadian Space) Channel production called The Expanse.

Two seasons in the books to ever-increasing viewership and critical acclaim.

Starts off as a bit of a slow burner with a greasy and initially unlikeable detective looking for a girl who disappeared from a spaceport in a mining colony set in our solar system's asteroid belt 200+ years in the future. Mars is well populated and in the throes of diplomatic conflict and possible war with Earth. The asteroid miners - Belters - are also striving for autonomy.

Everything builds ever so steadily. Good plot, compelling characters, great visuals. And zero-gravity sex scenes.

Putting a plug in here for US Syfy (Canadian Space) Channel production called The Expanse.

Two seasons in the books to ever-increasing viewership and critical acclaim.

Starts off as a bit of a slow burner with a greasy and initially unlikeable detective looking for a girl who disappeared from a spaceport in a mining colony set in our solar system's asteroid belt 200+ years in the future. Mars is well populated and in the throes of diplomatic conflict and possible war with Earth. The asteroid miners - Belters - are also striving for autonomy.

Everything builds ever so steadily. Good plot, compelling characters, great visuals. And zero-gravity sex scenes.

Watched Season 1 on Netflix, and agree it was brilliant.

Anyone know when S2 will be available in U.K.?

Also watched S1 of Killjoys, which I think is also Canadian. Also good, and also awaiting S2 in U.K.

sason 2 is available to download or view on all the usual sources and its even better - Production values have increased and it really benefits from it

Anyone seen the Aziz Ansari show 'Master of None'? Saw the first episode last night and really liked it. Seems to be worth watching. :)

Finished House of Cards season five. If you haven't given this show a go then you are denying yourself potentially the greatest show since The Wire.

It just think House of Cards have gotten gradually less interesting. Season 1 and 2 were dynamite, 3 was OK, 4 was really boring, so haven't really started on the 5th. But worth a watch, you say?

It just think House of Cards have gotten gradually less interesting. Season 1 and 2 were dynamite, 3 was OK, 4 was really boring, so haven't really started on the 5th. But worth a watch, you say?

IMO season 5 is one of the best. Agree there was a bit of a slump but it's well and truly pulled out of that. Watch the end of season 4 again first. I found that helped with my enjoyment, because the continuation is strong.

Watched Season 1 on Netflix, and agree it was brilliant.

Anyone know when S2 will be available in U.K.?

Also watched S1 of Killjoys, which I think is also Canadian. Also good, and also awaiting S2 in U.K.

Would also recommend Dark Matter. Third season has just started.

SyFy do have a tendency to make dumbed down action drama instead of scifi (ie. Stargate Universe), but all these are watchable. 12 Monkeys for example is not as the writing is terrible. Every episode someone is doing something stupid and out of character in order to stretch out the story/progress the plot.

any of you watch the series Taboo? it's coming on here in Oz next week, just saw the trailer and it seems like something I would enjoy.

If it's a bag of brick let me know before I start getting into it , ta

any of you watch the series Taboo? it's coming on here in Oz next week, just saw the trailer and it seems like something I would enjoy.

If it's a bag of brick let me know before I start getting into it , ta

It was good. I like Tom Hardy but it is dark and violent tale.

Saw the last episode of The Leftovers last night.....mmmm.....may need to start all over again!! You just got to work out what was true or false....or what was real and not.

Overall excellent series.

Saw the last episode of The Leftovers last night.....mmmm.....may need to start all over again!! You just got to work out what was true or false....or what was real and not.

Overall excellent series.

I've tried really hard to like it, but 5 episodes in, I just don't like it very much. Will it get better? So many poor characters, and very little drive in the story so far ...

5 episodes....first series?.....second series gets a bit more crazier lol,its in the same vein as Lost,don't take in what they say as such but the meaning of it all. The book only covers the first series.

In the third series you do get some answers but their was a rumour that they weren't going to do the third one so their was some sort of campaign to get it done,so the series was slightly rushed e.g there was in one prominent storyline that ran throughout and it was answered in a couple of scenes and ended there and then.Also there is more music in the third series and gets played in some strange scenes.

Back