• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

After being nagged to death by my kids for ages i finally sat down and watched the first two series of Breaking Bad, to be honest i do not see what all the fuss was about. Not even sure if i will bother with the remaining ones.
A program can get overhyped and will never then live up to expectation. I will say it gets better as it goes on.

Last edited:
Some time a program can get overhyped and will never then live up to expectation. I will say it gets better as it goes on.

Well i did think that to be honest and that's why i watched all of the first two series, but ( imo) it did not get any better. Maybe i will get back to it at some other time but probably not.

I loved BB and am loving Better call Saul, he's a fantastic character.

The man in the high castle season 2 was great. I was a bit meh after the first season, can't wait for season 3 now.

Me and the Mrs couldn't get into the first series of that, so stopped watching. I might have to re-visit it and give it another go though.

Me and the Mrs couldn't get into the first series of that, so stopped watching. I might have to re-visit it and give it another go though.

I reckon that Breaking Bad shifted in emphasis part way through series one. I reckon it started off as a bit of an off beat wacky type show. It was quite comedic in places. As it went on it got darker and darker.

I reckon that Breaking Bad shifted in emphasis part way through series one. I reckon it started off as a bit of an off beat wacky type show. It was quite comedic in places. As it went on it got darker and darker.

Oh, I loved Breaking Bad -- I was talking about The Man in The High Castle. :)

I didn't enjoy series 1 at the time but looking back it set the scene really well. gets much better in series 3/4 I think. Some of the characters are amazing like Mike, Gus and of course Saul.

Apparently Gus is going to be in the next series of Better Call Saul, I'd love to see his back story especially after the pool episode.

I watched the first 4 episodes of better call Saul and couldn't get I to it at all, I absolutely loved breaking bad though. Maybe I need to give BCS another go?

Well i did think that to be honest and that's why i watched all of the first two series, but ( imo) it did not get any better. Maybe i will get back to it at some other time but probably not.

Definitely stick with it. Season 1 and 2 are slow in places but the best characters enter the fray from the end of season 2 onwards. Perhaps other than Trinity in season 4 of Dexter, no show can touch Breaking Bad for its villains.

Definitely stick with it. Season 1 and 2 are slow in places but the best characters enter the fray from the end of season 2 onwards. Perhaps other than Trinity in season 4 of Dexter, no show can touch Breaking Bad for its villains.
I never took to dexter. I might give it another shot if someone sells it to me.

I never took to dexter. I might give it another shot if someone sells it to me.
its good until XXXXX dies and then its not so good until the last season and then its crap.

oh and his sister is his wife which is awkward until they divorce and then its even more awkward.

EDIT - I am tired was not intentional - and also the Fonz makes it over the shark and Maggie shot mr burns.

Last edited:
its good until XXXXX dies and then its not so good until the last season and then its crap.

oh and his sister is his wife which is awkward until they divorce and then its even more awkward.

EDIT - I am tired was not intentional - and also the Fonz makes it over the shark and Maggie shot mr burns.
Er.... thanks.

And I was just getting to that episode in the simpsons too.

Watched the pilot of Legion last night. All I knew was that it was a new X-Men TV series by the guy that made the TV version of Fargo.
I never took to the X-Men films. They always seemed a bit dumb.
This however is easily the best episode of TV I've seen in years.
The less you know going in the better it will be.
Some people might find it too arty or confusing.

Back