• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Sponsors and Partners Thread

I don't like the red text on our shirts - never have. The Thomson holiday crap started it and I was looking forward to the AIA crap being gone.

...so, what do you think? I personally found this a bit surprising - I assumed we'd be trying for a joint naming rights + sponsorship deal given the new stadium being around the corner.

Depends on how we'd maximise proceeds. Personally I would expect us to get more from different sponsors for the stadium and shirt - with the same one, I'd expect them to be seeking a better deal so that 1 + 1 = 1.75 for example

They wont be stadium naming rights for the simple reason their market is Asia-Pacific.
It will at least be a sponsor targeting the US market or else this whole NFL tie in has been a waste of time.

The naming rights deal will also be long term (15-20 year), so the name sticks. That's what the sponsor wants. They will pay more for this.

After seeing how Arsenal lost out financially with their long term Emirates deal, Levy is sensibly splitting the two sponsorships.

Depends on how we'd maximise proceeds. Personally I would expect us to get more from different sponsors for the stadium and shirt - with the same one, I'd expect them to be seeking a better deal so that 1 + 1 = 1.75 for example

That hasn't been the trend in sponsorship over the last few years. Companies normally offer more where the brand identity is not diluted.

They wont be stadium naming rights for the simple reason their market is Asia-Pacific.
It will at least be a sponsor targeting the US market or else this whole NFL tie in has been a waste of time.

The naming rights deal will also be long term (15-20 year), so the name sticks. That's what the sponsor wants. They will pay more for this.

After seeing how Arsenal lost out financially with their long term Emirates deal, Levy is sensibly splitting the two sponsorships.

They could be looking to re-enter America?

Their American branch was cut off when they were split off from AIG a few years back.

I thought the deals were generally getting shorter? Arsenal's was originally 15 years, but then City's then only 10, and West Ham have been negotiating for 6.

I think because its the same location maybe Levy wants white hart lane to remain as the name with a sponsor tagged on eg the Microsoft new white hart lane ..This would be worth less than a complete naming rights but more or similar to complete naming rights when combined with the AIA money.The club gets the money and the stadium retains its real name.Just my opinion

I think because its the same location maybe Levy wants white hart lane to remain as the name with a sponsor tagged on eg the Microsoft new white hart lane ..This would be worth less than a complete naming rights but more or similar to complete naming rights when combined with the AIA money.The club gets the money and the stadium retains its real name.Just my opinion

I think that is unlikely. I am sure that Levy will try to get as much as possible out of the naming rights, it has been part of the financing plan for the stadium from the off.

AT&T Hart Lane...

Whoever it is they are not going to agree to have ...Hart Lane after their name. They are doing this to increase their brand profile, that is no achieved by diluting it by associating it with an old stadium.

I am sure its a good deal for the club, Levy would make sure it is. Now all we have to wait for is the new kit to come out with AIA on it. "But its red it looks brick" will follow from some fans.

I am sure its a good deal for the club, Levy would make sure it is. Now all we have to wait for is the new kit to come out with AIA on it. "But its red it looks brick" will follow from some fans.

@£16m pa it can be any colour it wants to be!

No worries about it being a good deal for us, negotiated after our best finish, CL representation, best Asian player in the world in squad and delivering 20+ goals, sure it's a massively improved deal.

Re the red .. ffs, don't buy the home kit, the good part about AIA is they do allow us to vary the color on the non-white kits (my purple kit has it in white, looks fine).

Back