• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Sponsors and Partners Thread

happy to see us finally put firm roots into asia - US, africa is good, but the big money long term growth and younger fans are all in Asia.

I think there's possibly more potential in the US these days - especially if this NFL stadium link comes about

i think so too, and with UA priming the US market penetration I am sure we are in good hands.
could've been worse e.g. American Insurer and Chinese kit maker! 8-[

That quoted figure of 100 million over five years equals 20 mil per season. Last time I read UK sourced media reports - notoriously inaccurate or provocatively misleading as click bait - they were stating the deal was worth 16 million quid per season. Since the story quoted at the top is sourced out of Reuters UK HQ, it's got a higher degree of credibility in my view.

Anyone know further details? The story on the OS is the usual PR bumpf with no figures quoted.

Shame about the red lettering. I like this year's kit and I'd buy the AIA fronted shirt if it were in blue. Won't touch the red-lettered version and will opt for vintage shirts instead.

Last edited:
100 million is a nice chunk of loose change whichever way you look at it.

As for having a red logo...

P427_zps5dafd30b.png

...some of us should stop being such Big Girl's Blouses.

HONG KONG: English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur are certain to play in Malaysia under the terms of their new sponsorship agreement with the Hong Kong-based American International Assurance (AIA) Group Ltd.

The AIA Group have been given a free hand to pick and choose the locations for Tottenham to hold their training programmes and playing tours in the Asian Pacific region for the next five years.

AIA Group chief executive and president Mark Tucker confirmed that Malaysia will definitely be one of Tottenham’s stopovers.

The AIA Group signed on as Tottenham’s major sponsorship partner for five seasons beginning from the 2014-15 season. Apart from carrying the AIA brand on their shirts in all competitions, the London-based football club have also agreed to bring their first team to play in this region and also send their coaches to conduct a series of junior training programmes for underprivileged children.

“We have not sat down and finalised the details yet but Tottenham Hotspur are sure to come to Malaysia. I don’t know when but it will most probably be sooner rather than later,” said Tucker after signing the sponsorship deal, which runs up to the 2018-19 season.

“AIA have a strong presence and commitment in Malaysia. There is also a huge support for Tottenham in the country and we will hold football development programmes there as well.”

Besides Malaysia, AIA are likely to also pick their home base Hong Kong and both China and Indonesia, where Tottenham have the biggest fan bases outside England, to host the Londoners.

Tucker added that AIA will only consider countries where they are operating or have business interests for the Tottenham playing tours and junior training programmes.

AIA currently operates or have business interests in 17 countries in the region – Hong Kong, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Singapore, South Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Australia, Taiwan, Vietnam, New Zealand, Macau, Brunei, Sri Lanka, India and Myanmar.

Prior to signing the five-year deal, AIA were a minor shirt partner for Tottenham for the current season, with the Premier League outfit carrying the insurance company’s logo on their shirts only for the Cup competitions.

Said Tucker: “We had a good relationship with Tottenham over the past nine months as a shirt partner and when the opportunity arose, we decided to take the partnership to the next level.

“No other sport gives us the global exposure provided by the English Premier League, which broadcasters estimate has a 4.7bil worldwide audience in a season.”

Tottenham executive chairman Daniel Levy described the partnership with AIA as an opportunity to grow the club’s support in Asia.

“Asia accounts for the largest growing supporters’ market for us, and the Premier League is very huge here. We believe that we have found the right partnership with AIA, and will be using their expertise in the region to increase the support for Tottenham, especially among the youths,” said Levy.

Asked if he has any plans to sign a high-profile Asian player to boost the club’s popularity in the region, Levy said: “There is commercial benefit to be gained from signing an Asian player for the team. But, regardless where they come from, it is important that we sign the right player who will strengthen the squad.”

There are no Asian players in Tottenham’s first-team squad now.

100 million is a nice chunk of loose change whichever way you look at it.

As for having a red logo...

[...]

...some of us should stop being such Big Girl's Blouses.

I haven't seen as much complaining about the red logo as I remember the last time around when we got a red logo.

Not sure if anyone has quantified their complaints at all with a sum of money they think the club should be willing to leave on the negotiating table in exchange for not having a red logo on our shirt. For me it would be a small sum for sure.

EPL Side Tottenham Hotspur Beats Path From North London To Far East With AIA Deal

Published February 18, 2014

AIA CEO Mark Tucker -- "a hell-bent, die-hard, all-consuming Chelsea fan" -- now longs for EPL side Tottenham to win the Champions League, according to Leo Lewis of the LONDON TIMES. With Tottenham Chair Daniel Levy sitting at his side, Tucker said, "It chokes me to say it."

:ross:

Fair play to him. He signs off on the cheque, but it would be good to find out which guy proposed the deal in the first place.

EPL Side Tottenham Hotspur Beats Path From North London To Far East With AIA Deal

Published February 18, 2014

AIA CEO Mark Tucker -- "a hell-bent, die-hard, all-consuming Chelsea fan" -- now longs for EPL side Tottenham to win the Champions League, according to Leo Lewis of the LONDON TIMES. With Tottenham Chair Daniel Levy sitting at his side, Tucker said, "It chokes me to say it."

:ross:

Im not sure that is his exact comment. What he actually said was something along the lines that he wont be wearing a shirt of ours anytime soon being a Chelsea fan. But when we win the Champions league he will put one on. I saw that as a slight dig to be honest.

I haven't seen as much complaining about the red logo as I remember the last time around when we got a red logo

I think its more a case that we are getting used to it now. As long as the cash helps us become a better team then we can stomach it. What i actually hate is not the fact that we have a red logo but that it does not suit our kit. It just cheapens it as its not in the colour scheme.

Standard Chartered's logo is blue and green but do you see that on the Liverpoop shirt? no cos it would look terrible.

Emirate logo is mostly used in Gold or Red. Obviously they cannot use Red on teh scum shirts but they could use gold. But no its White to suit the kit.

AON logo is red. But its white on the Man Yoo shirt.

Chang Logo is Green White and gold. But white on the Everton Shirt. So again its done to fit the kit.

Its only when you get to the lower level teams they start to just put the sponsor logo colour on no matter what. So we must be that level to bend over and let them ruin our shirt with their own colour no matter the way it ruins our brand and our kit.

I haven't seen as much complaining about the red logo as I remember the last time around when we got a red logo.

Not sure if anyone has quantified their complaints at all with a sum of money they think the club should be willing to leave on the negotiating table in exchange for not having a red logo on our shirt. For me it would be a small sum for sure.

I think that's mostly born out of reluctant acceptance rather than agreeing with it. I hate having a logo on the shirt full-stop, whatever the colour. When things get used as a corporate billboard, I think it cheapens them (sad old lefty that I am). But even aside from that, I just think - visually speaking - we looked so much better back in the late 70s / early 80s when I first became a Spurs fan. And I thought exactly the same even when I was 12 or 13, whenever it was that 'Holsten' made its first appearance. Even then it looked wrong to me. And on top of that I do consider it that little bit worse when the logo is a red one. Just on a gut level.

But at the same time, I'm not so stupid as to think we can forego the income generated by sponsorship without it affecting us badly, and reducing our ability to compete for trophies. It's part and parcel of the modern game and it's only wind-up merchants who claim they'd rather we threw away millions in sponsorship and go back to the plain white shirt. So it's not about "quantifying our complaints with a sum of money"; it's just saying that the injection of mega-money into football has brought downsides as well as benefits, and shirt sponsorship is one of those downsides. But so long as we're stuck with it, realistically we all want our club to get as much benefit out of it as we can. And if that means a big red AIA, then so be it.

It won't change how I feel about Tottenham Hotspur, but I don't have to like it.

Europe’s favourite online broker, EZTrader, renowned for its ever-growing line of lucrative partnerships with top sports teams have announced their biggest deal to date with Premier League club, Tottenham Hotspur.

The lucrative deal, valued in the millions, appears to be worth every penny for both Spurs and EZTrader .

Spurs are virtually assured a Champions League spot for next season and they are also one of the two ‘horses’ in this year’s Premier League title race, with EZTrader riding the coattails as ‘official trading partner’.

The partnership with Tottenham includes advertising rights to feature the EZTrader brand in each Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup game up to the end of the 2017/18 season.

Fran Jones, Head of Partnerships at Tottenham Hotspur, shared his thoughts on the deal:

“EZTrader is building a strong presence in football with several partnerships across Europe and we are delighted to be coming on board.

"We look forward to working closely with them over the next two-and-a-half years.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/football-meets-trading-premier-league-7653825

Not sure where to put this, so....

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...xtend-official-partnership-until-2022-250517/

"Tottenham Hotspur today (Thursday 25 May) announced an agreement with AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world's leading providers of insurance services, to extend their Official Partnership until the end of season 2021/2022.

AIA and Tottenham Hotspur have enjoyed a successful strategic partnership since the start of the 2013/2014 season, originally as the Club’s Cup Shirt Partner before becoming Official Shirt Partner in all competitions the following year. This new agreement will now see AIA recognised as a Global Principal Partner and the AIA brand will appear on the front of the Club's shirt until 2022 - representing almost a decade together as partners..."

...so, what do you think? I personally found this a bit surprising - I assumed we'd be trying for a joint naming rights + sponsorship deal given the new stadium being around the corner.

...so, what do you think? I personally found this a bit surprising - I assumed we'd be trying for a joint naming rights + sponsorship deal given the new stadium being around the corner.

I think that it makes the chances of us moving into the AIA Arena in 2018 a little more likely.

Back