• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

chancer

Gudni Bergsson
New season kicking off tomorrow night with 3rd Round of CL Qualifiers.

Tuesday 31st July 2012
Motherwell V Panathinaikos

Wednesday 1st August 2012
Celtic V HJK Helsinki

Thursday 2nd August 2012
Gomel V Liverpool
Dundee Utd V Dinamo Moscow
St Patrick's Athletic V Hannover 96

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fixtures

SPL also kicking off this Saturday, 4th August 2012.

West Ham agree loan fee for Carroll
West Ham United agree a £2m loan fee with Liverpool for England striker Andy Carroll

Way you said it though, tad abrupt

How about we keep it on topic. I can be forum police too......

Liverpool having to play competitive (well sort of!) games so early in the campaign could go one of two ways for us. Either they'll be knackered and burn out quicker at the end of the season, or they'll find their stride earlier in the season and start off fast. I really do think Liverpool could be a threat to us this year.

I don't think they will be. They did draw 10 times at Anfield last season though don't ya know??

Traditionally teams going through all the EUROPA qualifiers etc start the season in storming form but burn out drastically after Christmas

Definitely a slight advantage at the start of the season if you have early Euro qualifying games,but definitely seems to be outweighed by the 'burn out' they tend to have after December

Apologies for that. I misread what you meant by Other teams thread, assumed the Transfer thread had just become for our dealings. Can you move it over?

Sorry if it sounded harsh. No big deal really. This thread is intended for other teams' matches and general chit chat about the stupid things they do. If there's something big happening, apart from matches, it's okay to make a separate thread.

How about we keep it on topic. I can be forum police too......

Liverpool having to play competitive (well sort of!) games so early in the campaign could go one of two ways for us. Either they'll be knackered and burn out quicker at the end of the season, or they'll find their stride earlier in the season and start off fast. I really do think Liverpool could be a threat to us this year.

They didn't look anywhere near ready for the season against us. These EL qualifiers could tell us more, but FC Gomel isn't the best gauge.

They didn't look anywhere near ready for the season against us. These EL qualifiers could tell us more, but FC Gomel isn't the best gauge.

Neither did we :lol: I don't judge on pre-season though. It'll be interesting to see how seriously Liverpool take the Europa League (not to mention us, I know AVB has said he will but I think he may be telling a bit of a porkie) and if so how much that will detract their focus from the Prem.

We should all make a solemn oath - on our mothers' souls, written in blood - that the name **rr* **d***** will not once be mentioned in this thread. Not one single time all season.

We should all make a solemn oath - on our mothers' souls, written in blood - that the name **rr* **d***** will not once be mentioned in this thread. Not one single time all season.

What do we do when he takes over at West Ham?

New season kicking off tomorrow night with 3rd Round of CL Qualifiers.

Tuesday 31st July 2012
Motherwell V Panathinaikos

Wednesday 1st August 2012
Celtic V HJK Helsinki

Thursday 2nd August 2012
Gomel V Liverpool
Dundee Utd V Dinamo Moscow
St Patrick's Athletic V Hannover 96

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fixtures

SPL also kicking off this Saturday, 4th August 2012.

Finally the season is getting closer, I can almost taste it. Fulham at home? Dont know about 2 1/2 months ago, feels more like 6

Back