1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

** Official OMT ** Spurs Vs Palace

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by scaramanga, 9 Sep 2019.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 16 Sep 2019.
  1. Alderweireld

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Aurier

9.8%
  3. Lamela

9.8%
  4. Sissoko

13.7%
  5. Son

66.7%
  1. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Ruel Fox

We need to be patient and brave. We need time. It's going to be very tough. Could probably do with some points sooner or later perhaps.

Also, unless Scara's son is some kind of badger / human hybrid, brick OMT by the way.

scaramanga likes this.
  2. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Chris Jones Staff Member

I think we need to go full on “bad/lost boys”...find a way to buy Nkoudou and Edwards back, put them straight in and play Aurier as skipper wherever he wants.

Get Giorgiou back from loan (in he goes) and tell CCV to sit on Zaha.

Let Poch and co have the day off and bring in ‘Arry and GiletBoy as a dream team to manage the situation.

5-0.

The Dream Team on board as Poch takes a holiday. Temporary move to Milton Keynes. Everyone “rahnnin’ abaht a bit”...glory restored.

Sorted.

You’re welcome.

Last edited: 12 Sep 2019
  3. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Jonathan Woodgate

This only works if Sherwood throws his gilet in a fit of ecstasy into the crowd, where a young Master Scaramanga the 2nd embraces the garment and bestows the moniker of club legend to his new hero and saviour.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Tapatalk

scaramanga and thfcsteff like this.
  4. Yermiyahu

Yermiyahu Ramon Vega

Any team news? Must win game.

MKSpur likes this.
  5. scaramanga

scaramanga Steve Sedgley Staff Member

What OMT? There is no OMT for this match.

Unless you're talking about my OOMT, but you can't be because it's perfection.

Now someone please badger the fudge out of this thread

Gilzeantoscore likes this.
  6. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Ian Walker

7. Goose

Goose Stephen Kelly

just glad the brickarse international break is over

Bullet, galeforce and El Guepardo like this.
  8. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

Think we need to shake it up with totally progressive wing backs to give us width.

I would go for:

....................Lloris...................

.......Toby......Sanchez......Verts......

Sissoko.............Winks/NDembele...........Sessegnon

..................... Eriksen........................

Dele/Lucas..............Kane..................Son

Pace, width and flexibility in that team

harr1984 likes this.
  9. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Chris Jones Staff Member

Lloris

WP Toby Jan Rose

Winks Ndombele

Son Dele. Eriksen

Kane

Subs: Moura, Lamela, Sissoko, Sessegnon, Gazzaniga, Davies, Sanchez

Must get Dele in behind (and off) Kane. Eriksen, Son and Alli can freely switch around. Bench will have plenty of options.

COYS

Gazza Dazzla and braineclipse like this.
  10. NickTB

NickTB Neil Ruddock

Not looking forward to today. They managed to shut up most of the ground for large chunks of the inaugural match. If the crowd don't get behind the team for this it could be painful to watch

11. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Gus Poyet

I would start Lucas over Son as he didnt get called up for Brazil, whilst Son has been travelling all over the world and playing matches.

Otherwise I’d go for the same team but we just know Poch will persist with this three in midfield (which especially doesnt work at home to brick teams) and he will start Sissoko.

scaramanga likes this.
  12. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Jonathan Woodgate

I reckon he may start Sissoko over N’Dombele as he’s coming back from injury. I’d be flabbergasted if we started with a midfield three but can also see it happening.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Tapatalk

13. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Ruel Fox

Silver lining of Davo being injured, could we potentially see Tanganga on the bench? Guess Davies will have CB spot covered and could do with more attacking options to mix it up once we've dingdonged around for 65 minutes maintaining the record for passes between CBs and FBs...

14. Jon

Jon Edgar Davids

First game at the new stadium for me today.

(If I can get through Leicester city centre and out of the station in a Spurs shirt without getting stabbed by a yokel that is....)

15. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Frederic Kanoute

:cool:

yiddo37 likes this.
  16. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Frederic Kanoute

Hopefully your presence proves to be a lucky charm which inspires Pochettino to come up with a cunning plan that secures us 3pts to finally move out of the relegation zone!

upload_2019-9-14_11-21-41.jpeg

metalgear and Jon like this.
  17. Daisuk

Daisuk Pedro Mendes

Crazy stat!

18. elyid

elyid Steve Hodge

I was just thinking a 3pm KO at home on a Saturday seems strange, and wondered if it was just my memory.

crazy the last time was 2016! (Had some at Wembley though)

19. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Milija Aleksic

This is a must-win game. After starting the season with a win over Villa, we are now winless in 3 matches. We need a good performance and a good result against Palace to lift our form. We need to go into the CL match against Olympiacos next week in winning form. Hope we will get a convincing win against Palace in this match.

We need all our attacking players in good form. Our attack have not been really good so far this season. Kane has scored 3 goals but he is still in bad form. Hope he will get back his best form in this match. Son has not scored in his last 12 matches for us. He also needs to find his goal scoring form. I think Lamela has been one of our best players so far this season as he has been involved in 4 of our 7 goals. Want to see him start this match. Moura has scored some important goals for us but he is till inconsistent. Maybe Moura can come on later in the match. With the transfer window now closed, hope Eriksen will play with a clear mind in this match.

Our midfield have not been in good form so far. We are not helped by injuries to players like Ndombele. Hope Ndombele will be back in this match. I think Ndombele should start with Sissoko in midfield. Still not fully convinced with Winks. He really needs to be more commanding in midfield. We have not seen Dier for so long. Maybe Dier can get involved at some stage in this match.

Pochettino needs to sort out our defence. Our defence were once considered one of the best in the PL but no longer so. We are conceding too many soft goals now. Sanchez is too error-prone. Our best defensive partnership is still Alderweireld and Vertonghen. But they are getting old and are making too many mistakes nowadays. Hope they can get back their best form in this match. Lloris needs to be more commanding to keep our defence tight again.

London derbies are always tough to play for us. Can see Palace making it tough for us. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and meteorology to beat Palace and get back into the top 4 race.

20. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Milija Aleksic

Any team news yet ?

We really need to lift our performance in this match. It will help us greatly if we can get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win over Palace to get back into the top 4 race.