• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Official OMT ** Spurs Vs Palace

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
first one turned 3 last week, will possibly take him to a game this season otherwise it’ll be next.
Children don't appreciate watching 90 minutes of football until they are 7 or 8. Before then Chirpy interests them and not much more - they can't concentrate. My advice, save your money till he's older. Just my experience!
Mine was 6 in April and he coped fine yesterday. 4 goals probably helped though.

He was climbing the walls at half time when we had to stay inside because I couldn't take my beers out to the pitch

first one turned 3 last week, will possibly take him to a game this season otherwise it’ll be next.
Children don't appreciate watching 90 minutes of football until they are 7 or 8. Before then Chirpy interests them and not much more - they can't concentrate. My advice, save your money till he's older. Just my experience!

Kids are exposed to football a lot earlier these days with so much on the box, when I was 8 I wanted to be John Wayne or James Stewart riding the range rather than Stanley Matthews or Billy Wright. The most annoying thing about young kids at football matches is their continual visits to the toilets, missed third goal yesterday as people in front of us had to stand to let a family out.

I’m desperate to go with my lad, but at 3 and a half, he has the attention span of a nat.

When I set off for the ‘Lane’ yesterday morning, he says to me sadly.... “daddy, maybe I can come next time?” :’(

I’m like ‘dude, you can’t sit though the warm up shots on sky sports, before losing interest and wanting a paw patrol cartoon on!! :D

I made my son wait until 6, he couldn’t sit through a TV game so I expected to be leaving early, he loved it though and happily sat watching for the whole game.

I’m desperate to go with my lad, but at 3 and a half, he has the attention span of a nat.

When I set off for the ‘Lane’ yesterday morning, he says to me sadly.... “daddy, maybe I can come next time?” :’(

I’m like ‘dude, you can’t sit though the warm up shots on sky sports, before losing interest and wanting a paw patrol cartoon on!! :D

Took my daughter to Wembley last season for the Leicester game... she loved the train, meeting mates, the ground, going in... her attention on the game lasted 9 minutes before she wanted to go home

Mine was 6 in April and he coped fine yesterday. 4 goals probably helped though.

He was climbing the walls at half time when we had to stay inside because I couldn't take my beers out to the pitch

climbing-wall.jpg

Good to see it put to good use!

Took my daughter to Wembley last season for the Leicester game... she loved the train, meeting mates, the ground, going in... her attention on the game lasted 9 minutes before she wanted to go home
Oh no!!! :rolleyes:

How old is she? Did you manage to make her stay?

Very pleased with the verve and tempo we played at.

VERY pleased with Aurier, showed what we have been missing. Also showed Rose up on the other side. Aurier has it in him, we really need to see it game after game though.

BUT

Palace were incredibly poor. They stood off and just let us play, and did a hell of a lot to make us look good, IMO, so its a hard performance to judge.

All in all Im sitting at "pleased, but lets not get carried away". Leicester will be a real test.

This was a much needed win. It is great to get a big win for once ! But we cannot get carried away as this is against Palace whom we have a great record against. This is a our 9th consecutive win over Palace in the league, scoring 16 goals and conceding just 1 goal. We need to use this win to boost our morale for the rest of the season.

Credit to Son and Lamela for the goals while Alderweireld, Aurier and Kane deserves credit for the assists. We played well in the first half and could have scored more goals. Too bad we didn't score more goals in the second half despite having a few chances. Good to see Son scoring his first goals in 13 matches for us. Lamela did well to score his second goal of the season with an inch perfect pass from Kane. Despite us winning 4-0, it was still disappointing Kane failed to score any goals. Eriksen too had a quiet game while Moura didn't have enough time to make an impact.

Our midfield had a good performance. Sissoko and WInks worked hard to control the midfield. It was good to see Ndombele returning from injury in the second half. It would have been great if Ndombele had scored after coming on.

Good to see our defence keeping the first clean sheet of the season. It is no coincidence that we managed to keep the clean sheets with Alderweireld and Vertonghen playing in defence. It really helped that the error-prone Sanchez was not playing in defence. Lloris made a few good saves but other than that was largely untroubled.

It is always great to get a big win over any teams. Let's hope we will make use of this win to go on a long winning run in the coming matches. It will surely help us to go into the CL match against Olympiacos in a winning mood.

What is it with that clam Tony Gale? He nearly started crying when Kane was not given a yellow card and then it was pretty much all he was interested in commenting on when others were booked later on in the gamed.

Tony Gale - what a horrible pundit. Very opionated. Went about Kane not getting a yellow and insulted Benteke severally. Did either player do something to him?

I forgot how bad Gale was over the summer break. He was gutted every time Benteke missed a chance, like how we feel if someone misses a chance against Arsenal. Funnily enough the one that triggered him Benteke had actually done well to create the space for a shot.

I’ve started to enjoy knowing he’s having to regularly watch us win though, it’s just a shame he gets paid for it.

Last edited:
Very interesting game (my late observations)

- Obvious change of pace and urgency, two key things I noticed -> Whoever was closest to ball for throw in took it several times (vs. waiting for FB to take it as is normal), also Hugo recycled ball pretty quickly was well
- Aurier obviously gets attention but he did a couple of things that I felt made a difference, he stayed wide when in the opposition half, he also attacked balls played out wide in the air very aggressively, won some headers (something KWP was exposed on). Again mentioned it in Lamela thread, chemistry is important, Aurier & Sissoko obviously work better together
- Eriksen seemed to take a bit of role we had used past with Modric, stick him out left, not as a direct attacker but as someone who simply cycled the ball quickly (the pass before assist pass), think it was a choice to get the Kane, Son, Lamela group in right positions
- Toby played a bit of deep playmaker with us pushed up that much, gave Palace all kinds of headaches, could tell if short or long pass was coming.

In general balance seemed better, everyone played with more intent, bench was strong.

One of those game I couldn't tell if Palace was just awful or we simply gave them no chance .. probably somewhere in the middle.

@scaramanga you need some more kids to take to a first game ...

And for Poch, to quote his own post match comments .. make it consistent, these need to be regular type performances, not first in 6-9 months ..

Just stop it. For every macaronic post you put out, dissing Sissoko when he has played a very good game, you're making an even bigger fool of yourself.
You pretend to be intellectual and smart, yet persist with spouting absolute nonsense.
Grow up!
And the same "independent source" rated Ayew better than 7 of the 11 spurs players, which is just ridiculous. Lloris was our 2nd best performer according to them...

Bit of banter, innit. We all know scaramanga bought a Sissoko shirt for his son. :p

Back