• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Official OMT ** Spurs Vs Palace

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what was the game like? the stats seem to say it wasn't great other than the goals?

Classic Poch Spurs in the first half, pressed, played it forward quickly, dominant in midfield, dominant in defence, attacked with numbers and forced the defence to turn around. Good value for the goals and could have been a couple more.

Second half more typical of this season, managed the game, did give up a few cheap chances but palace wasted them (which I’d expect with the forwards they have tbf).

Despite the good elsewhere, Eriksen and Kane were under par.

Classic Poch Spurs in the first half, pressed, played it forward quickly, dominant in midfield, dominant in defence, attacked with numbers and forced the defence to turn around. Good value for the goals and could have been a couple more.

Second half more typical of this season, managed the game, did give up a few cheap chances but palace wasted them (which I’d expect with the forwards they have tbf).

Despite the good elsewhere, Eriksen and Kane were under par.

I think that we were managing the game out in the second half with half an eye on Wednesday.

There are also a lot of people who have been less than complementary towards Aurier, that need to think long and hard to find something negative to post about him. They'll need quite some time.

I've been negative about him, in that I have said that he should have played better given the fee that we paid for him and he's an experienced player. No complaints today, he played well, let's hope he keeps it up.

I think that we were managing the game out in the second half with half an eye on Wednesday.

Absolutely, completely fine at 4-0, just using it as a description of the performance.

Had the first half matched the second it would have been in keeping with the season and this thread would have a higher post count.

...and another thing. Why don't we deserve to have the subs announced along with the starting eleven any more?

My first time over from Canada to go to the new stadium. It does not disappoint. Got in three hours early. Better were good. Food is good. Stadium is amazing.

First half we put them to the sword. Second half was like a friendly. We wanted the win and just stepped off the gas. And they wanted the game over.

I'm not his biggest fan but Aurier was very good. So was Son and The back four.

Kane and Eriksen were almost absent.
Eriksen wasn't too bad IMO.

Makes a massive difference when you start a game with good tempo and real appetite.

Hope this can be a catalyst for much better form.
Son agrees. In his post-match interview he said that we should always play like that, we should always play high tempo, go for it and believe in ourselves.
A clear message to someone (his team mates or his coach) that we need to start in top gear, not fanny around.

Back