• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

Quite possibly the most potent defender in the air currently in the PL. Wished he scored more from headers though

He's had a great season so far, improved by leaps and bounds

Long may it continue

Quite possibly the most potent defender in the air currently in the PL. Wished he scored more from headers though

Long may it continue

According to the stats he's also the most potent defender on the ground as well.

GHod article, though it has only compared him with a limited number of cbs..

Long may it continue

Samba gave him a lesson If I recollect.

Long may it continue

Imagine the latter helps the former

What I also love about Kaboul is his ability on the ball. He's so good at running with the ball and carrying it out of defence at pace, even skinning opponents from time to time.

I always thought he had all the raw attributes to be a top centre back (height, strength, pace and technical ability), but his decision making and concentration let him down. Now he seems to be more mature and has ironed the mistakes out, and is quite rightly first choice.

He'll be alright, as long as we can get King out of the wheelchair and support him.

We could do with an experienced, loud central defender to support all of him, Dawson and Bassong (if he returns) as well as Caulker next season. Hope Nelsen can be that player for a while at least.

Long term though it needs to be sorted out.

He has almost scored so many headers recently, must be annoying for him. Many cleared off the line...It'll happen sooner or later. Another goal at the Emmirates wouldn't go amiss.

Good article.

Glad to see him get plaudits, he deserves it. Really starting to fulfill his potential.

Still looking for him to take charge, not convinced by the partnership between him and Dawson and I think part of the reason for Kaboul's excellent performances this season is how often King has been there beside him. But he does look more calm and composed even without King next to him these days.

I am impressed with his headed clearances... just about double any other player! I wonder if that is the hidden cost of playing Ledley? Is Younes covering up for Ledders on the big defensive, must win headers? Or is he just a bit of a beast?

should be in the premier league team of the year, in my opinion... he, agger and kompany have been the stand out CB's this year.. it will be decided out of those three.

He's definitely the front-runner for the most improved player of the year award the club gives out. Fantastic season he's having, but it raises an interesting conundrum. At the moment, he's a bit of Ledley and a bit of Daws. Strong in the air and usually quite successful in the tackle, a la Daws, but also possessed of a good sense of positioning and a decent passing ability, a la King. He's not as good as those two are in their respective departments, but he's got most of their attributes, and that makes him ultimately a more rounded and valuable player. The problem is, in the long term, we're probably looking at Caulker as a fixture at the back, if he makes the breakthrough. Now, from what I've seen of him, he's much like Kaboul; strong, good in the air, and decent on the ground, but not really Ledley MkII. Now, we need a Ledley type player to partner him if we're looking toward the future. Kaboul and Caulker are both very similar, so one of them will have to change to accomodate the other. The question is, which one?

Kaboul is suited to a player like King who sits back a bit, will generally be the CB setting the offside trap and making covering tackles behind the defence, and will generally let Kaboul advance to challenge on the ground and especially in the air. Not much a believer in stats, but that article for me indicates that Kaboul has both improved a lot and has benefited from generally the right type of defender next to him (King/Gallas/on occasion Bassong). It also demonstrates the different types of defender, Terry in the Kaboul mould and Koscielny a brick King.

Only saw parts of the Ajax game the other day but Vertonghen looked a pretty decent potential partner for Kaboul, some brilliant passes as well, mixed in with a few shockers though. If by some miracle we get Hazard, a striker similar to Ade and a CB similar to King we will win the league next year...

Him and Kocielny show that France have a bright future.. both have been the two most improved centre halves of the year

Back