• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched Machete on Saturday night. Deranged.
Also watched True Grit. Worth watching but not brilliant.
Enjoyed Super 8. Talented young cast and some very funny dialogue.

Yes.Good film, although the trailers were a touch misleading, wasnt quite the film we were expecting, but still enjoyable

Oscar nominations out today.

BEST PICTURE
The Artist
The Descendants
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
The Help
Hugo
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
The Tree of Life
War Horse

BEST DIRECTOR
The Artist - Michel Hazanavicius
The Descendants - Alexander Payne
Hugo - Martin Scorsese
Midnight in Paris - Woody Allen
The Tree of Life - Terrence Malick

BEST ACTOR
Demi?ín Bichir - A Better Life
George Clooney - The Descendants
Jean Dujardin - The Artist
Gary Oldman - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Brad Pitt - Moneyball

BEST ACTRESS
Glenn Close - Albert Nobbs
Viola Davis - The Help
Rooney Mara - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Meryl Streep - The Iron Lady
Michelle Williams - My Week With Marilyn

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32951

Saw The Artist tonight. Very good film. The main actress is a bit of a hottie too.

Not as hot in real life though, as to be expected...

I'm surprised tinker tailor isn't up for best picture to be honest. Nice to see Midnight in Paris there but it won't win. I'll be tinkled off if its warhorse...

Saw Mission Impossible at the cinema the other day, really enjoyed it
Watched Mi4 last week, though it was the best in the franchise so far. The scene with Cruise clambering on the World's tallest building was quality, tempted to pay a visit to the London IMAX to see if that stunt looks as vivid in IMAX as the Hong Kong skyline in The Dark Knight.

Limitless is on Sky Premier.

Great film for an hour and 15 minutes then it kinda dies off towards the end
Agreed, Limitless has a clever concept but just too many plot holes.

Bought Seven Samurai and Hairikuri (sp and cba to look it up), heard they were worth seeing and I am in the mood for some Samurai action.
Seven Samurai is one of my all time favourite movies. Normally the thought of watching a B&W movie with subtitles for over 3 hours would put me off but Seven Samurai never dragged imho.

Originally Posted by nayimfromthehalfwayline Saw Mission Impossible at the cinema the other day, really enjoyed it

Watched Mi4 last week, though it was the best in the franchise so far. The scene with Cruise clambering on the World's tallest building was quality, tempted to pay a visit to the London IMAX to see if that stunt looks as vivid in IMAX as the Hong Kong skyline in The Dark Knight.

Indeed, the first time in a long time I got a bit enthusiastic watching a film, they captured the height of the situation brilliantly!

Last edited:
people actually liked Machete ??

worst film i have seen in a long time

Tarantino and Rodriguez (?) really missed what they were trying to achieve with that one

Last edited:
Saw Drive today, enjoyed it, cant say a lot happens but meh, passed a couple of hours. Dont see where all of these rave review are coming from though.... Film of the year my ass. Saw Boy Wonder after a recommendation from someone on here.... enjoyed it and a good ending.

Cheers, is downloading now, will watch it tomorrow. still got 4 days sitting on a couch before im back to work (serious leg infection) so any more good films to watch id be grateful.

these just popped in to my head

The Prestige (thriller, kind of)
Amelie (kooky french love story)
Brick (indie, film noir)
Pans Labyrinth (dark spanish fairy tale type thriller)

few of my favorite movies, if you haven't seen them already

Watched Sherlock Holmes 2 tonight, pleased that I managed to see it before it disappeared from the cinema. I thought it was clever, some good action pieces, I like it how you think about everything that is happening too and try to piece together the pieces in your mind. Apparently it is good a second viewing around too, well according to a mate I went with it is.

Saw the Iron Lady earlier in the week. Was alright, not very political, more about how bat-brick insane the woman is now.

Back