• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I like this guys work, but boy the style is starting to get a bit samey.

This film does look incredibly Wes Anderson'y doesn't it, the wife loves his films which has led to me being a big fan so looking forward to this one.

Don't like Adrien Brody though, not sure why, simply annoys me.

Don't raise my expectations...........it's the best picture Oscar winner ffs.
I saw Parasite today and thought it was fine. A good film. I'm surprised it won awards though, I don't see what is so special about it.
The architect designed house is cool.
I don't understand why
the wife was asleep in the garden near the start and the maid struggled to wake her up, was she on drugs? Near the end she asked her husband to buy her drugs... was there some big drugs thing going on that I totally missed?

And I felt it was a bit of a cop out when
everyone stabs everyone at the end... and OBVIOUSLY the son/mom would know dad had hidden in the basement, that is the one place they knew for sure was a great hiding place... it was massively obvious he was in there.

So yeah, it was fine but the house was the star.

I saw Parasite today and thought it was fine. A good film. I'm surprised it won awards though, I don't see what is so special about it.
I don't understand why
the wife was asleep in the garden near the start and the maid struggled to wake her up, was she on drugs? Near the end she asked her husband to buy her drugs... was there some big drugs thing going on that I totally missed?

everyone stabs everyone at the end... and OBVIOUSLY the son/mom would know dad had hidden in the basement, that is the one place they knew for sure was a great hiding place... it was massively obvious he was in there.

It’s a play on film
You can imagine that in a theatre in London with the luvvies growing over it
But I really liked it

I don't understand why

Got round to seeing this last week.

I agree its good BUT surprised to see its won awards (maybe its up against a below average bunch this year?)

The interaction between the 'poor' family is good. There is probably some nuances and messages i missed during the film but i kind of feel i don't really care. It was entertaining and then of course graphically violent BUT it was missing something that prevented me from fully buying into it.

Just watched " Richard Jewell" about a security guard who foiled a bomb attack at the Olympics ( true story)

Great film.

Recently I've watched The Report, Free State of Jones and Vice. All of which have now added a slightly different flavour to my anxiety as it's reminded me how truly fudged up the Civil War and the times surrounding 9/11 were. So at least it's a variety of things I can't do anything about knocking about in the old noggin :D

Vice did so many things I love as a film watcher though e.g faux credits 60% of the way through the film and the Shakespearean interjection. Christian Bale is just ridiculously talented and Steve Carrell kills it in serious roles.

Back