• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched Long Shot and Ready or Not last night.

Long shot is a rom com with Seth Rogan and Charlize Theron. Its exactly what you expect. Enjoyable for what it is (90 minutes of Theron looking stunning and a few laughs), so if you like the look of it - youll like it (its as superficial as that!).

Would recommend if you need to watch something with the Mrs, mine loved it and it was borderline "good" from my point of view.

Ready or Not was huge fun, absolutely loved it. Another where Id say if you like the look of it - youll like it. But only because I wouldnt want to give anything more away.

Its fudged up, gory, and just massive fun. Not comedy/black comedy exactly, but certainly not horror either.

I saw Jojo Rabbit earlier as part of the BFI film festival - Taika Waititi's new film, a dark comedy/satire based on a young German boy during WWII and his imaginary friend... Adolf Hitler.

Was a lovely little film - quite moving in places and laugh out loud funny in others, I think it will get a good reception (and raise a few eyebrows) when out on general release.

Watched this up local Cineworld last night and also enjoyed Jojo Rabbit.

Think that the poster must’ve given the impression that it’s a family film, as a couple brought their 4 kids to the screening and spent most of the film shushing them or trying to stop them from wandering around!

Just watched the Irishman and enjoyed it, could have cut the last 20 minutes off though.
Thought it was pretty good. Great direction and acting. Obviously DeNiro walking and putting the boot in like an old man looked silly. Pesci was excellent, and Pacino wasn't over the top.

I’m usually a big Tarrantino fan but I couldn’t get in to this one.

Funny a lot of his films take more then one watching to really enjoy it, when i think back to ( Kill Bill; Resivoir Dogs etc) i usually ended up enjoying them more after a second showing. They are quirky and usually have a ending that surprises.

I suppose its down to the audience as i know some mates who do not like his films at all.

Back