• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Polar on Netflix
Worth it to see the very sexy Ruby O Fee in an amazing sex scene with Mads M
Better be spectacular!. The reviews on Polar are appalling.

It does seem the recent deluge of ‘Netflix originals’ are mostly brick, bar the odd Punisher like exception. I’d rathe they kept a decent balance of still buying in external content - they seem to be 80/20 Netflix own now, and the quality is nose diving as a result.

It does seem the recent deluge of ‘Netflix originals’ are mostly brick, bar the odd Punisher like exception. I’d rathe they kept a decent balance of still buying in external content - they seem to be 80/20 Netflix own now, and the quality is nose diving as a result.

Netflix is brick - have recently bought the NowTV entertainment and movie packages and the content is far superior on there

Its not great, but it is strangely watchable.

I think the issue is mostly the tone, or at least, the fact the tone is really odd in context of the movie.

I was watching it thinking how it seemed like a comic adaptation, and when I checked after - of course it was.

It is kind of crap, but fun crap. When Matt Lucas is the super camp, sweary, creepy and twisted bad guy - well, what should you expect?

Netflix movies are generally brick I’ve found. Can’t remember watching a good one. Their documentaries are good though and obviously some of their “tv” shows are excellent, but I do agree with you, I preferred it when they bought most of their content.

Hopefully the Irishman will be a rare exception for Netflix films. Directed by Martin Scorsese, and starting Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, and Joe Pesci, it has potential but I’m wondering why it is direct to Netflix and not being released in cinemas.

Continuing to hear good things from Montreal about the pre-production work going on for director Denis Villeneuve's re-make of the sci-fi classic, Dune. Some good casting already in place and early renders of sets and costumes are eye-popping.

I have family near and dear on the scene there and their feedback is generally reliable and on the mark. Didn't see Aquaman or the last Aliens movies because of them. As per their suggestions, waited to see Blade Runner 2049 sequel on an IMAX screen. Well worth it.

Another good'un to look for down the road is Call Of The Wild, starring Harrison Ford.

Hopefully the Irishman will be a rare exception for Netflix films. Directed by Martin Scorsese, and starting Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, and Joe Pesci, it has potential but I’m wondering why it is direct to Netflix and not being released in cinemas.
There’s a load on t’internet about the backstory around rising costs and changes of movie studio.

Basically, de-aging tech, and the fact that gangster movies don’t really cover £200m spends!

There’s a load on t’internet about the backstory around rising costs and changes of movie studio.

Basically, de-aging tech, and the fact that gangster movies don’t really cover £200m spends!

Plus Joe Pesci turned the role down multiple times. Apparently Robert De Niro thinks of this as unfinished business with Scorsese. I think it’s going to be an interesting one. Big gamble by Netflix to take the project on, apparently it took five to seven years to film.

Have you watched Roma? I’m interested to know if it lives to the hype

Netflix movies are generally brick I’ve found. Can’t remember watching a good one. Their documentaries are good though and obviously some of their “tv” shows are excellent, but I do agree with you, I preferred it when they bought most of their content.

They still do. Most "Netflix original" movies still arent Netflix productions, they are just picking them up at film festivals etc.

Saw Can You Ever Forgive Me? a few days ago. Highly recommend it, first film I have seen Melissa McCarthy in and she's a revelation. Good to see Richard E Grant get a fitting role again too.

Saw Can You Ever Forgive Me? a few days ago. Highly recommend it, first film I have seen Melissa McCarthy in and she's a revelation. Good to see Richard E Grant get a fitting role again too.

I’ve heard that about Melissa McCarthy in this film. I’ve always felt as if I’ve disliked her in the past. Her characters just seem crass, and obtrusive and I’ve come to believe that at least part of that is her. But this film has the potential to prove me wrong about her if the reviews are to be believed.

Back